<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  Keith Flint joining in on fox hunting ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:05 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3380849/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Tally-ho-Wild-man-Prodigy-joins-hunting-set-Twisted-Firestarter-Keith-Flint-embarks-new-life-country-gent.html
Quote:
Just when Tory Sport Minister Tracey Crouch has declared that ‘fox-hunting is a pursuit from the past’ that should be ‘consigned to history’, a most unlikely figure has emerged to give the country pursuit a new lease of life.

I hear that Keith Flint, the self-proclaimed ‘twisted firestarter’ behind hugely successful dance band The Prodigy, has embarked on a new life as a country gent and been spotted riding out with his local hunt.

Wild-eyed Flint, 46, who is known for his striking reverse Mohawk hairstyle as much as the techno music that delighted drug-addled ravers, has invested in several hunting horses.
Keith Flint, the self-proclaimed ‘twisted firestarter’ behind hugely successful dance band The Prodigy, has embarked on a new life as a country gent and been spotted riding out with his local hunt

He rode one of them, Captain Black, in a hunter trial race in October, finishing in sixth place. The move comes after he became the proud landlord of a genteel 18th-century pub in Essex, whose recent TripAdvisor reviews glowingly describe it as ‘excellent’ and ‘underpriced’.

‘He keeps his horses with one of the bigwigs on the local Essex hunt, who lives just up the road from the pub,’ says my man in the red coat. ‘His enthusiasm for the sport is the talk of Essex hunting circles.’

Flint, who once courted TV presenter Gail Porter, certainly makes an unlikely tweedy convert

When The Prodigy’s famous Firestarter video was first shown on Top Of The Pops in 1996, parents complained to the BBC that Flint’s energetic performance was frightening their children. One letter described him as ‘a man in need of urgent medical attention’.

The Prodigy’s hit Smack My B**** Up caused an outcry because of its misogynistic title and video depicting scenes of drunken, drug-fuelled sexual excess and violence.

Flint, who declines to comment, would not be the first rock musician to become enchanted by bucolic pursuits.

If this is true i'm really disappointed although the reporter does'nt seem to be doing to well on getting his facts right

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:57 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Keith hunts...
Who cares?

You do remember him being in the hunting/camping store in the Prodigy vid on their YouTube page, right?
Why is this a surprise?

People hunt... I don't... but it's what people do.
What's the big deal? I'm confused

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:38 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Keith hunts...
Who cares?

You do remember him being in the hunting/camping store in the Prodigy vid on their YouTube page, right?
Why is this a surprise?

I think we all want our idols to represent the same values we care about.
It's a shame it doesn't always work out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:55 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
At least we now know where keith's dog craze came from.

"You run with the wolves while I HUNT like a hound."

"My dogs will kill you!" -Keith's shirt

DOGBITE

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
NEOREV wrote:
Keith hunts...
Who cares?

Why is this a surprise?

It's more the style of the fox hunting that people dislike

Read some info http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outd ... unting.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:23 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
A real shame, always came across as down to earth and pretty laid back... cosying up with Tory Hunters shows what money can do to your head.

If you're not from the UK you might not understand the significance of fox hunting, the barbaric and class divisional 'sport' for the elite a.k.a posh dickheads

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Code:
Frontman declined to comment on newspaper reports

This means it's true.

Code:
http://www.nme.com/news/the-prodigy/90566

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:29 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Fox hunting is illegal in the UK (the "sport" was banned in the UK in 2005). Keith Flint "being spotted riding out with his local hunt" isn't Keith Flint going fox hunting. Apparently people who used to go fox hunting meet up (on e.g. Boxing day) with all the horses, dogs and wearing all the gear but don't actually hunt a fox. If they did hunt foxes I'd expect them to get prosecuted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:51 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 376Location: BelgiumJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:59 pm
The fact that it hasn't denied yet from the official prodigy headquarter sadly seems to mean this story is true.
Can't believe they would support such a barbaric tradition executed by rich aristocrates and royal family.
Makes their image with the fox as underground symbol staying true to it's roots as a joke.

You can compare the fuzz about foxhunting in England with bullfighting in Spain.

You can have such a positive impact as a large band and support good causes and inspire people to do good.
Supporting clubs that used to shoot foxes and let them be ripped apart by dogs is just awful and makes you look like a fokin' twat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Taken from The Prodigy facebook page

Quote:
Message from Keef Flint: 'In regards to a story going around about me right now - yes I live in essex and have a couple of horses. I went riding with the local trail hunt, it was a ride out and NO ANIMALS WERE HUNTED OR KILLED, so my conscience is clear, it wasn't my thing and I won't be going again

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:37 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
dirt wrote:
Taken from The Prodigy facebook page

Quote:
Message from Keef Flint: 'In regards to a story going around about me right now - yes I live in essex and have a couple of horses. I went riding with the local trail hunt, it was a ride out and NO ANIMALS WERE HUNTED OR KILLED, so my conscience is clear, it wasn't my thing and I won't be going again

"It wasn't my thing and I won't be going again."

I wonder how many people are going to believe that he changed his mind only because of the recent hate.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:01 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
I wish we had a new EP to talk about.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:27 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 262Location: rsnsJoined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:46 pm
is this possible!?

Offline Profile