<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  Keith Flint joining in on fox hunting ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Plain_John wrote:
take NEOREV for example (what if Keith was hanging with nazis, I bet you would still say he's 50 and can do whatever he wants :lol: ).

Perhaps I'm missing what's funny since I said "It's not like he was hanging out with Nazis or raping children" meaning those things are actually horrible to do. There's folks online literally saying Keith associating with some hunters without actually hunting or killing anything himself is the equivalent of being caught with Nazis and denying you didn't kill any Jews. It's the most fucking absurd comparsion I have ever heard. People are actually saying this and agreeing. But the armchair protesters need some stupid non-event to get all excited about. All over some sensational tabloid story. Get angry over something worth it and with actual evidence to support it because this Keith incident is more to do with people's preconceived personal feelings than what actually happened. Because everywhere you go you're rubbing shoulders with folks you possibly don't agree with and have conflicting beliefs. The bottom line is that Keith didn't go out and hunt any foxes. He just knows people who are into it. I hate the Republican Party, but guess what I have friends on Facebook who are Republican. Does that make me a Republican? No. Should I be hated and trashed because I know some Republicans even though I don't agree with them? No. It's the way the outside world works, you mix in with all kinds of people. And anyone who says hanging out with Nazis is the same as associating with some fox hunters is an idiot. I guess I don't find people saying I'm cool with associating with Nazis humorous, especially when my previous post was the exact opposite.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:33 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
NEOREV wrote:
Plain_John wrote:
take NEOREV for example (what if Keith was hanging with nazis, I bet you would still say he's 50 and can do whatever he wants :lol: ).

Perhaps I'm missing what's funny since I said "It's not like he was hanging out with Nazis or raping children" meaning those things are actually horrible to do. There's folks online literally saying Keith associating with some hunters without actually hunting or killing anything himself is the equivalent of being caught with Nazis and denying you didn't kill any Jews. It's the most fucking absurd comparsion I have ever heard. People are actually saying this and agreeing. But the armchair protesters need some stupid non-event to get all excited about. All over some sensational tabloid story. Get angry over something worth it and with actual evidence to support it because this Keith incident is more to do with people's preconceived personal feelings than what actually happened. Because everywhere you go you're rubbing shoulders with folks you possibly don't agree with and have conflicting beliefs. The bottom line is that Keith didn't go out and hunt any foxes. He just knows people who are into it. I hate the Republican Party, but guess what I have friends on Facebook who are Republican. Does that make me a Republican? No. Should I be hated and trashed because I know some Republicans even though I don't agree with them? No. It's the way the outside world works, you mix in with all kinds of people. And anyone who says hanging out with Nazis is the same as associating with some fox hunters is an idiot. I guess I don't find people saying I'm cool with associating with Nazis humorous, especially when my previous post was the exact opposite.

wasn't supposed to be funny, I was just underlining your limit of accepting what keith does in his spare time. hunting for sport is not acceptable anymore, it's ok if that provides you with food and you need to survive. keith fucked up by going with that bunch regardless if any animal was harmed or not (he said no animal was harmed and I trust that but it still does not excuse him). I find it strange that people need to look for reasons to deny what happened just because they like the music.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:55 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
chillax. we are debating here because it's keith. if it's a random bloke - no discussion. i agree that being a celebrity, you need to foresee this media bashment beforehand, but still, without relevant proof of killing foxes, we dont have a case here, right?

cant help to picture keith on a horse in the video for nasty though :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I'm not denying anything. He didn't do anything. So what is there to deny? I don't see the need to overreact over something he didn't do. It has absolutely nothing to do with liking his music either. Hunting isn't outlawed in all other countries. Hell, it's a tradition in Canada. I don't hunt, it's not my thing. But people find it hypocritical for folks complaining about this while saying it's alright to kill animals to eat. Killing an animal is killing an animal. I think it would be a little worse if Keith was out hunting endangered species or something. But Keith didn't kill any animals, so what is there to be mad about? It just feels like a huge overreaction. People against killing animals for sport just want an event to rally around... but this isn't really a significant incident to do so. When someone actually kills an animal for sport, let's all get angry. Not an event based on assumptions. I'm not gonna get angry because Keith went on a ride with his horse. When he actually kills something, let me know, I'll be happy to be angry about it. But as it is, there's more significant and impactful things to get angry over. All we have is an obvious photoshopped image of Keith from a frigging tabloid rag and nothing else.

I saw a tabloid at my local shop about how aliens stole a woman's baby... I'm so pissed off right now, I should start protesting for the rights of a baby's life all over the internet and hating illegal aliens. Those fucking aliens!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:36 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
:lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Neorev, dude, but killing an animal for food =/= killing for fun/sport. Common sense, there is no hypocrisy there. I am fine with eating what you kill more so if there is not a supermarket next to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:20 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
NEOREV wrote:
I'm not denying anything. He didn't do anything. So what is there to deny? I don't see the need to overreact over something he didn't do. It has absolutely nothing to do with liking his music either. Hunting isn't outlawed in all other countries. Hell, it's a tradition in Canada. I don't hunt, it's not my thing. But people find it hypocritical for folks complaining about this while saying it's alright to kill animals to eat. Killing an animal is killing an animal. I think it would be a little worse if Keith was out hunting endangered species or something. But Keith didn't kill any animals, so what is there to be mad about? It just feels like a huge overreaction. People against killing animals for sport just want an event to rally around... but this isn't really a significant incident to do so. When someone actually kills an animal for sport, let's all get angry. Not an event based on assumptions. I'm not gonna get angry because Keith went on a ride with his horse. When he actually kills something, let me know, I'll be happy to be angry about it. But as it is, there's more significant and impactful things to get angry over. All we have is an obvious photoshopped image of Keith from a frigging tabloid rag and nothing else.

I saw a tabloid at my local shop about how aliens stole a woman's baby... I'm so pissed off right now, I should start protesting for the rights of a baby's life all over the internet and hating illegal aliens. Those fucking aliens!

You need to look up British fox hunting. Again, it is not the same as American hunting. At all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:40 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Is it possible to have this thread moved to off-topic?

IMO "Prodigy News" should be about Music only or death of a Prodigy dancer etc

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:45 pm
Yes, I know what fox hunting is.
Yes, I know it's different from regular hunting.
But regular hunting is considered a tradition in countries and not about eating animals.
Fox hunting isn't a UK only thing, plenty of countries including US have participated.
UK is just the one who decided to ban it.
But hunting is hunting, killing an animal is killing an animal, it's cruel either way.

I eat meat, I hate myself for liking it, I'm a part of the problem (all meat-eaters are).
Do you see how animals are treated in the meat industry?
It's not nice, it's not humane... it's just as cruel, if not more so than fox hunting.
I'd consider myself a huge hypocrite if I spoke out against fox hunting while enjoying this nice and juicy bacon cheeseburger.
Meat eaters... zoos... circuses... animal testing... many of us participate in the captivity, abuse, torture, and murder of animals.
Many people have blood on their hands, directly and indirectly.

Most people seem to be more angry because they look at fox hunting as elitist crap rich people do than actually because they feel it's cruel.
But when it comes down to it, Keith never went out fox hunting... so when he actually does, then we can all tarnish his name.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:57 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
NEOREV wrote:
But regular hunting is considered a tradition in countries and not about eating animals.
Fox hunting isn't a UK only thing, plenty of countries including US have participated.
But hunting is hunting, killing an animal is killing an animal, it's cruel either way.

I eat meat, I hate myself for liking it, I'm a part of the problem (all meat-eaters are).
It's not nice, it's not humane... it's just as cruel, if not more so than fox hunting.
I'd consider myself a huge hypocrite if I spoke out against fox hunting while enjoying this nice and juicy bacon cheeseburger.
Meat eaters... zoos... circuses... animal testing... many of us participate in the captivity, abuse, torture, and murder of animals.

Most people seem to be more angry because they look at fox hunting as elitist crap rich people do than actually because they feel it's cruel.
But when it comes down to it, Keith never went out fox hunting... so when he actually does, then we can all tarnish his name.

Justifying fox hunting by saying "you eat meat" is a really ignorant viewpoint to take. I don't think you understand how violent and pointless it is compared to North American hunting.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Antz wrote:
Is it possible to have this thread moved to off-topic?

IMO "Prodigy News" should be about Music only or death of a Prodigy dancer etc

agree
Also hopes this fuels Keith to write so lyrics...cuz this is all nonsense

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
keefs dissing anonymous, that would be cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:37 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
One, and a two to the three
Shoot that Anonymous for me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
LOL so what if keith hunts.where is the world coming to... Soon you ll be ashamed to say in pub that you killed a roach in your own house. There is nothing better than hunting...to stalk,to feel one with your rifle...to become one with the enviroment.

To realize that it is you or the beast.To dance together on a valse of death...to think that you might never see your loved ones again...to have your heart ready to explode...

...and before you pull the trigger to look those cruel unforgiving cold eyes under those huge long ears...oh my!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
hyperspeed wrote:
NEOREV wrote:

Justifying fox hunting by saying "you eat meat" is a really ignorant viewpoint to take. I don't think you understand how violent and pointless it is compared to North American hunting.

actually it looks like you don't understand how cows, chickens and other animals face cruel slaughter every day just to get on your plate and please your belly. they do castrations to male pigs without any painkiller, take their tooth out to not attack other animals, they cut chicken beaks, they even hit animals with a sticks if they separate from groups. sounds nothing on the same level as fox hunting you describe. you can say that these animals are killed for food and not fun, but is eating meat not fun? don't you buy stakes for bbq's to have fun cooking and eating with friends and that meat you eat comes from the same pain and slaughter i mentioned on the top.

anyways this is far more deeper topic we are opening with this. as NEOREV said there is far worse things you can bitch about instead.