<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  Keith Flint joining in on fox hunting ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
untitled6 wrote:
hyperspeed wrote:
NEOREV wrote:
Yes, I know what fox hunting is.
Yes, I know it's different from regular hunting.
But regular hunting is considered a tradition in countries and not about eating animals.
Fox hunting isn't a UK only thing, plenty of countries including US have participated.
UK is just the one who decided to ban it.
But hunting is hunting, killing an animal is killing an animal, it's cruel either way.

I eat meat, I hate myself for liking it, I'm a part of the problem (all meat-eaters are).
Do you see how animals are treated in the meat industry?
It's not nice, it's not humane... it's just as cruel, if not more so than fox hunting.
I'd consider myself a huge hypocrite if I spoke out against fox hunting while enjoying this nice and juicy bacon cheeseburger.
Meat eaters... zoos... circuses... animal testing... many of us participate in the captivity, abuse, torture, and murder of animals.
Many people have blood on their hands, directly and indirectly.

Most people seem to be more angry because they look at fox hunting as elitist crap rich people do than actually because they feel it's cruel.
But when it comes down to it, Keith never went out fox hunting... so when he actually does, then we can all tarnish his name.

Justifying fox hunting by saying "you eat meat" is a really ignorant viewpoint to take. I don't think you understand how violent and pointless it is compared to North American hunting.

actually it looks like you don't understand how cows, chickens and other animals face cruel slaughter every day just to get on your plate and please your belly. they do castrations to male pigs without any painkiller, take their tooth out to not attack other animals, they cut chicken beaks, they even hit animals with a sticks if they separate from groups. sounds nothing on the same level as fox hunting you describe. you can say that these animals are killed for food and not fun, but is eating meat not fun? don't you buy stakes for bbq's to have fun cooking and eating with friends and that meat you eat comes from the same pain and slaughter i mentioned on the top.

anyways this is far more deeper topic we are opening with this. as NEOREV said there is far worse things you can bitch about instead.

Yes, we already established fox hunting and regular hunting (not American hunting... it's hunting, like how hunting has been done all over the frigging world) is different. Though hunting is mostly done for sport and tradition... not for food these days anyway. I know what fox hunting is and what it entails. But either way, fox hunting and regular hunting are for sport. Hunting these days is people just wanting to kill shit.

Your next BBQ, holiday party, family dinner... look at the meat in front of you and think of everything that went into getting that meat to your belly.

Or better yet, remember when they throw a batch of little baby chicks down into a meat grinder while alive.

Or when they find disease at a chicken farm and need to get rid of the batch, they spray a thick foam on all the thousands of chickens still alive so it swallows them up and chokes and suffocates them to death.

And let's not get into all the dogs and cats left in shelters to die a cruel death. If you think it's all nice, watch the HBO documentary about it. They take a batch of dogs, place them into a container together, and gas them to death. For the next batch, they don't even remove the dead dogs' bodies. Just place the live dogs on top of them and seal them until the bodies reach the top. Puppies are usually the last to go into the gas chamber filled with dead dogs.

I'm not for fox hunting, I'm not justifying it.... just showing you folks are turning a blind eye to an entire industry that's way crueler in the treatment of animals than fox hunting. If you really want to make a change, look at the bigger picture. And I was told my viewpoint was limited lol. Millions of animals are held captive, abused, tortured, and die horrible deaths and I'm the one with the limited viewpoint because I think fox hunting isn't the significant industry to go after?

Going after fox hunting is the easy fight. You don't fox hunt, so you can go around protesting it. But when it comes to the food industry, product testing, and medial/disease experimentation we're all pretty much guilty. That's the hard fight. That's the real fight. Somewhere something in your life came from the abuse and torture of animals. Like I said, I'm not for fox hunting. There's just bigger, more significant horrors going on out there being ignored than fox hunting.

You don't want to agree to what I'm explaining because it's depressing as fuck and we all contribute to it. Not eating meat or using animal tested products or medicines tested on animals is difficult and folks find avoiding it inconvenient to their lives. But railing against fox hunting from your computer is the easy thing to do.

And again... KEITH DIDN'T GO FOX HUNTING.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:29 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
untitled6 wrote:
hyperspeed wrote:
NEOREV wrote:
Yes, I know what fox hunting is.
Yes, I know it's different from regular hunting.
But regular hunting is considered a tradition in countries and not about eating animals.
Fox hunting isn't a UK only thing, plenty of countries including US have participated.
UK is just the one who decided to ban it.
But hunting is hunting, killing an animal is killing an animal, it's cruel either way.

I eat meat, I hate myself for liking it, I'm a part of the problem (all meat-eaters are).
Do you see how animals are treated in the meat industry?
It's not nice, it's not humane... it's just as cruel, if not more so than fox hunting.
I'd consider myself a huge hypocrite if I spoke out against fox hunting while enjoying this nice and juicy bacon cheeseburger.
Meat eaters... zoos... circuses... animal testing... many of us participate in the captivity, abuse, torture, and murder of animals.
Many people have blood on their hands, directly and indirectly.

Most people seem to be more angry because they look at fox hunting as elitist crap rich people do than actually because they feel it's cruel.
But when it comes down to it, Keith never went out fox hunting... so when he actually does, then we can all tarnish his name.

Justifying fox hunting by saying "you eat meat" is a really ignorant viewpoint to take. I don't think you understand how violent and pointless it is compared to North American hunting.

actually it looks like you don't understand how cows, chickens and other animals face cruel slaughter every day just to get on your plate and please your belly. they do castrations to male pigs without any painkiller, take their tooth out to not attack other animals, they cut chicken beaks, they even hit animals with a sticks if they separate from groups. sounds nothing on the same level as fox hunting you describe. you can say that these animals are killed for food and not fun, but is eating meat not fun? don't you buy stakes for bbq's to have fun cooking and eating with friends and that meat you eat comes from the same pain and slaughter i mentioned on the top.

anyways this is far more deeper topic we are opening with this. as NEOREV said there is far worse things you can bitch about instead.

Not the meat I source, actually. Not everyone buys the cheap/cruel shit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:46 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
I didn't read all five pages, but i'll tell u what. what about me, i really don't care, even if to consider that i am a vegetarian. everyone lives their own life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Fox hunt? Well Scully did get a child with him. So let's see what happens tonight when the 6 episode event begins ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:16 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
a lot of ink has been spilled on this subject but a question remains... is fox meat any good? :dunno:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:17 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
everyone needs a fox pelt, not meat