<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  Keith Flint joining in on fox hunting ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:20 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
baxterbasics wrote:
Aside from 'their law' which was about a specific piece of law that affected the band directly, they have never been an 'issues' band and there's no message to the music other than here's a banging tune for you to party to.

Didn't the band say that their law didn't even have a message behind it? That it just so happened to have come out during that time period? Wouldn't be a surprise as their song lyrics never make any sense and are probably just picked because they flow or rhyme.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:35 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
Moon wrote:
baxterbasics wrote:
Aside from 'their law' which was about a specific piece of law that affected the band directly, they have never been an 'issues' band and there's no message to the music other than here's a banging tune for you to party to.

Didn't the band say that their law didn't even have a message behind it? That it just so happened to have come out during that time period? Wouldn't be a surprise as their song lyrics never make any sense and are probably just picked because they flow or rhyme.

You mean AWOL's "fuck you in the sugar bowl" doesn't have a meaning behind it? :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
There may be one positive thing that comes out of this overreaction...
Perhaps Liam will remove Run With The Wolves from the set list?
:P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
this promotion stunt comes one year late... would have made perfect sense one year ago with Nasty video

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:26 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
NEOREV wrote:
There may be one positive thing that comes out of this overreaction...
Perhaps Liam will remove Run With The Wolves from the set list?
:P

You mean like he did with SMBU at the request of the Beastie Boys? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:42 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
NEOREV wrote:
All these folks dissing the band now... they're all vegetarians right? I find it hypocritical to give Keith shit if you're going out and eating a hamburger or any type of meat.

I eat meat but still don't see this activity right. If you kill it then you better eat it and I have doubts that the horse riding "hunters" are doing that. If the hunted animal is just torn to bits then it's not hunting. I don't even get the thrill of doing that but seeing Keith on his bike it's probably what drove him to ride with those guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:00 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
this is all ridiculous. i'v never hunted and doesn't like to do it personally. but i don't blame people who do. there's nothing wrong with it i guess.

this is blown way out of proportion.. like wtf. not like he is keeping chinese type of fur farm or smth. that is sick and wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:20 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
exactly

people who jump to conclusions are hypocritical. celebrities and big companies always get bashed over nothing or after a minor setback thats usually followed by this shithail of hatred and bullshit conclusions, likes and whatnot. someone posted he went hunting. keith posted he went riding and they hurt no animals. case closed. if they do find out he goes killing foxes and are able to prove it... then go on, bash him

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Liams quote from instagram, under the bag of chips picture.

Quote:
tef1981 - So what's the deal with anonymous?

theprodigyofficial@tef1981 - all in good time , but understand this people , Keef luvs animals more than people ,, his head for sure aint spinnin right now and he aint hangin with any establishment , he is a one man person who lives by his rules.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:19 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
Elsewhere wrote:
Liams quote from instagram, under the bag of chips picture.

Quote:
tef1981 - So what's the deal with anonymous?

theprodigyofficial@tef1981 - all in good time , but understand this people , Keef luvs animals more than people ,, his head for sure aint spinnin right now and he aint hangin with any establishment , he is a one man person who lives by his rules.

What does he mean with "all in good time"? Official statement from the band coming?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:40 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
baxterbasics wrote:
So much hysterical comment on this non story (on FaceBook, not so much here).

Some of it seems to be the result of false assumptions of what The Prodigy represent. Aside from 'their law' which was about a specific piece of law that affected the band directly, they have never been an 'issues' band and there's no message to the music other than here's a banging tune for you to party to. They may be anti establishment from an industry perspective but not in political terms. Some stupid people are only realising this now and are disappointed that Prodigy might not be the 'Rebels' they thought.

Keith's a white middle aged Essex geezer who is trying to live a "country gent" lifestyle. of course he's going to be rubbing shoulders with posh hunting types. Deal with it.

Totally correct. The Prodigy are not a political band. I've no time for bands that use their popularity to push their political opinions. All those multi millionaires who live in tax exile telling 'normal' people to vote for one party or another.

For the record I'm totally against fox hunting and these hunts but as fox hunting is illegal in the UK it's not really an issue. If these people want to meet up and ride horses I don't have a problem with it.

What is annoying me about this story is the "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story" aspect. If I was Keith I'd sue these media outlets for saying he'd gone "Fox hunting". He went for a ride on his horse with a hunt. Hunts do not hunt foxes any more. If they do, throw the book at them but like I've said, if they did go on a hunt the animal rights people would know about it. It wouldn't be easy to fox hunt in secret what with all the horses, hounds, people in red outfits crossing land owners and farmers land. I'm sure someone would mention it had happened.

If you went on a pleasure cruise on a former whaling boat, some of whose crew used to be whalers does that mean you are going whaling? Of course not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:55 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 376Location: BelgiumJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:59 pm
He should have thought twice before joining a hunters club even if it's 'just' for a trail hunt. Foxhunting is nearly as controversial as bullfighting in Spain.

His image is getting killed in the media, even here in tiny Belgium it get mentioned in all major newspapers and on their sites.
Stupid move Keith, although Prodigy isn't political, they always reflected this kind of rebellious image and attracted alot of fans with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:10 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Exactly streamblenda. Who wants to be ascociated with that?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
just another big overreaction from the internet from knee-jerk computer chair protesters