<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  Prodigy art - work in progress

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2082Location: AlaskaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:23 pm
Trying to draw the ultimate Prodigy head exploding live picture - would like the BKerz input

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2082Location: AlaskaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:23 pm
More of the same, except I tried to fill the right side with either of the characters so there is one big/medium/small character

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Nice drawings mate! The first two pics in the first post you did are my favourites :)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:46 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
the last one is great, catches the facial expressions the best way

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:01 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
These are brilliant, great work.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:46 pm
iorkara wrote:
These are brilliant, great work.

Thanks for your opinion guys! But it's FAR from finished...I just really want to make sure the composition and perspective is all in order before I begin to finalize it....

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:01 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
they look awesome Dims, waiting to see them in colour as well :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Well, I am only going to finish ONE of them, I was posting the different poses/character arrangements here, so the Brainkiller crew could help me pin down the most PRODIGY style shot! I need your input as to which composition is the most Prodigy!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i'd go for number three, in my opinion although its very cool i dont think maxim would be pointing his finger into the sky while screaming into the mic, the more closer type of body language is what you see most from maxim, Keith looks great too, and Liam looking like he's way up high, i noticed you drew the imd eyes at random too, would be cool if you kept them in somehow, i can see above Liam to the left around 5 circles, would those represent the big siren tower thats behind Liam ?

so yeah, i think you should go with picture number three :)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:12 pm

OK, went ahead and tried a different pose for Keith...drew it large and ran out of room to finish his hand, also didn't realize it looks like its entering Maxims butt.....so would probably rework it so hes holding it near his own waste in a fist or something....other than that, I really like the way hes shouting OUT to the audience.....now it looks like the two of them are interacting with the crowd.....NEXT I need to figure out Liam and all his gear setup, think his focus will be back lighting, really drawing your attention to the center of the image, and his heavily shadowed silhouette.

What do you guys think?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 pm
awesome work as usual Dims. keep up and colour that and it will look even better.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Awesome drawing. Maybe try to bring Liam a little closer if possible? He looks so far away. If not just keep it like that :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:12 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 581Location: Philly, USAJoined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:36 am
Great artwork man! I like the first one a lot great posses. Looks like J. Scott Cambell draw a Prodigy poster. I'd use the Maxim in that one for the energy it gives off even though the other poss looks more like a poss Maxim makes a lot. For Kieth I'd use the newest poss you draw and have him making the gun poss with his hand.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
yeah dims keith looks loads better now, he never looked bad before either :-D

i'm looking forward to the finished image.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:07 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2375Location: TexasJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am

like this version with maxims hand flat like he does live...maybe keith with both hands on the mic? when hes really belting it out and i would bring liam a little closer

all of these look great...looking forward to seeing your finished product