<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  I'm going to Canada

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:58 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
Hi there, i'm with you guys here since 2002, so maybe few of you know me, even if i not write to much here lately.

I cant stand living in my country anymore so i've decided to emmigrate to better one. Lot of my friends settle down in the UK, as far as i know to many polish people already are there, and british people start to hates us.
I cant find a job in my country, and if you have one your salary is to low for a proper live. Now i have a great opportunity, some Canadian construction company wants to hire me as a roofer, papers are on the way, so it's a matter of 2 weeks and i should be there.

I'm going to Saskatoon in Saskatchewan, so i thought that should be a few canadians in here, and maybe you guys can tell me something about that place, about Canada in overall, etc. Is this a good country for live? I'm going with my girlfriend, and we are leaving all behind us, so i have hope i will start a new, better life in Canada...By the way, Does prodigy playing any gigs in Canada? :)

Best Regards.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
only canadian i remember around is Bigsugar

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:51 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
...and feelx

I have a family there , they are also into construction business , working with drywalls. It wasn't easy at 1st but you know , they were working really hard and things got better.

good luck :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:22 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
Yeah, I'm in Canada, but I'll be thousands of kilometres away in Montréal. from what I remember, the closest is Shadowcat in BC (if she's still around), as BigSugar is in Toronto, and Molotov_Beats and I are in Montréal.

I've never been west, but I think you'll find friendly people and beautiful countryside. and I think you can consider the English side of Canada as living the american dream, with less violence but a little more snow in the winter

and as far as I know, The Prodigy have played a total of 5 times in Canada:
Montréal in 1993 and 1998
Toronto in 1997, 2006 and 2009

like Gava said, good luck!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:47 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Does that make you stop visiting this forum? I thought internet was an international thing? :lol:

Nah man, reading this makes me realize it's sometimes for the best to start with a clean slate. I think it takes balls man, I respect your choice, you have all the right reasons. Take care man, and all the best (better) in your new world.

Cheers, Les

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
Does that make you stop visiting this forum? I thought internet was an international thing? :lol:

Nah man, reading this makes me realize it's sometimes for the best to start with a clean slate. I think it takes balls man, I respect your choice, you have all the right reasons. Take care man, and all the best (better) in your new world.

Cheers, Les

This forum is a part of my Life, so yeah, i'll be here as much as i Can. No balls needed Leslie, just a kick in ass from life. I've finished two Higher Schools, and have a master of science degree with chemistry, and i;m working on construction yard for 400 euro per month. Life cost me about 600 euro, so every month i dont have enough money. My girlfriend have PhD, and she cant find a job either. Our life here is done, we need a new better one.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:20 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Nice MaxReal!
Congrats!
Better than the states!
And that's coming from a Yankee

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:06 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 194Location: USAJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 pm
All I can say is I think you'll like the saskatoon area, a good friend of mine from college lives there. Im more familiar with manitoba, specifically winnipeg and a few of the smaller cities just over the border. Im in Fargo ND, not too far south.

Hot summers and cold winters, generally more laid back people.

The closest youll be to spot prodigy usually hit is chicago, if youre thinking distance, not what country its in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:08 am
Laid back people? man, 99% PEOPLE I have met so far are smoking weed here, I just discovered the Canadian secret to happiness. I'm think people in Holland don't smoke that much, ans its legall there.

I feel happy here, now im going to bring my girlfriend here, plan is to get a citizenship in next 2/3 years, and start a family here. I hope PRODIGY will have some gigs around the Saskatchewan province..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
I think this is a brave and cool choice to make. So respect for actual doing this. So many people sit at the table and talk about doing stuff like this. But in the end, they are just to afraid to give up their boring (but safe and steady) life where you follow the "rules" that all the other laid out: get a job, a house, a car, some kids, and a trophee (a beach house, apartment in another county a sports car or something like that)..

You have the balls to move to another country. Thats awesome! 8-)

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW