<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  Arcadium! (Shameless Promotion)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:26 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Hey guys! So... I have tried everything. Did an education for media, camera/video, theatre, etc. Most of the times I failed. Since a year I have been working on something I wanted for a long time: organize a video game party with games and consoles of many generations. The target is to get people to (re)live the past and meet people with these experiences or create new ones by playing old school multiplayer. Beer, many game/console choices, awesome people and a good atmosphere contribute to a special nerdy night. So far I have reached 150 people at one night, and ofcourse I'm on a hunt to keep expanding.

What I'd like you to do is to simply like this page to support it (the more likes, the more it will catch on).

Thanks very much for reading and thanks even more if you're willing to help a BK fellow out! Much respect for the crew around here that is determined to stay here. I care because you do. :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/arcadiumzwolle

I will post some pictures in a moment to show you what Arcadium actually looks like. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:50 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm

Jep, that's me. :smashed:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
good luck Orange. 150 people sounds like a good start 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 am
Aww thanks man! 150 is a great start to me. :) In September I'm expecting at least 175, so I'm still trying to find a way to expand. Hopefully I'll be able to invite some game developer or someone from a game site or magazine to write something about it. :ana: For now I just can't wait for it! There's an amazing atmosphere, also for non-gamers - there seem to be a lot of them at this party.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:42 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Happy to support, but I get insanely angry when gaming and would probably hulk smash everything within a 100m radius/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:27 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
I once got shingles gaming! As you can imagine, I now limit my gaming habits and haven't bought a console since the PS2.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:15 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 894Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
wicked man!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:44 am
Well, three of the BK crew will be at my little event. Fuck yea 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Wish I could go :cry: I had my own version of this all day saturday... there were 4 of us :lol: