<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  Photoshop question

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1729Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 pm
hey!

I seriously hate when photoshop comes to saving printable CMYK pdf files. It has a lot of bugs and the way to solve them is just ridiculous.
I have a document that contains nothing extraordinary: a background photograph with some modifications and two text layers, both with a 2 pixel black outside stroke. It is a page for a CD booklet. A lot of other pages have this very same setup. I saved them fine. This one page though, does not save "because of a program error". Now most of the times it happens because the text is corrupted - I dont know what that means exactly, but you can solve it, by copy-pasting the text into another textbox, placing it in the same position as the original while you delete that one, and then voila, you can save it as a pdf. I tried it this time too, it does not work now. I switch off the stroke effect and the pdf is saved successfully.
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?
I switch it back, "could not save because of a program error". Like I said, I have a couple of other pages with this same design and they were saved just fine.
I managed to solve this problem by creating a seperate layer out of the stroke effect (although this way it loses its vector based output and becomes rasterized, but with a resolution more than 300dpi you should be fine), but it just drives me nuts trying to figure out what the fuck is the problem with this program?
Any ideas?