<  INTERNATIONAL  ~  Russian PPL Question Re: mail.ru Email

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:40 am
Hey just a question for any Russian people on the forum, do any REAL people use the site mail.ru for email? A lot of spam accounts get signed up using that e-mail address and I was going to ban the whole domain, but didn't want to if a lot of people really do use it. So do Russian's actually use this site for e-mail?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
loads mate. it's like yahoo for russian speakers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:44 pm
Ah damn :jase:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:57 am
GruntGruntPosts: 74Location: RussiaJoined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:26 pm
mail.ru is a real shit. only noobs use this service for e-mail. also spamers like this site very very much.
there are lots of good alternative e-mail sites in Russia so I think it`s not a problem if you will ban this damn domain :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:20 am
okdone wrote:
mail.ru is a real shit. only noobs use this service for e-mail. also spamers like this site very very much.
there are lots of good alternative e-mail sites in Russia so I think it`s not a problem if you will ban this damn domain :wink:

Ahh I see. That's kind of what I figured might be the case. I'll think about it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
perhaps users who are on that email should post in this tread to so how many are actually on bk, i dont think no one will post here because alot of the members that join only join to get acess to downloads etc and don't actually post on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:06 am
I banned it. When I went through all the spam accounts it is insane how many were @mail.ru. Probably almost half of all our spam accounts were from there. Too bad if someone actually uses it... they'll have to support a domain that isn't a haven to spam. :plzdie:

http://www.spamsuicide.com/