<  INTERNATIONAL  ~  spanish, español??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:20 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 732Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:19 am
Agent Orange wrote:
hey Spanish people!

I'm going to Spain from April to August! I will work there with an old guy, play some records for him that he can sing on... making some money, having a good time. I will have an apartment there as well. I was wondering how I get started with a social life over there...
The language could be a problem, maybe that I'm Dutch and only speak 2 languages.

I will be hanging in and around Malgrat de Mar (I've been there before last year and from experiences I know it's nice there).

Sooo... some help/advice to get started is veeeeery much appreciated. :-D

Well, that's a touristic city if I'm not wrong, usually everbody should understand english quite well, but if you could learn some basics from spanish or catalan would be better, and people would appreciate it.

To start a social life, I think that depends on how open you are, so just try to be as nice as here, and I'm sure you wont have too much problems to make friends.

Oh, and get used to have lunch at 15:00 and have dinner at 22:00 :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:31 pm
User avatarSite AdminSite AdminPosts: 1014Location: Málaga, SpainJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:01 pm
Vicen wrote:
Oh, and get used to have lunch at 15:00 and have dinner at 22:00 :lol:

vicen no olvides la siesta, se tedrá que hechar una siestesita después de comer, jejeje tipical.

Bueno, siguiendo con el hilo, opino igual que vicen, me gusta escribir bien y leer lo que esté bien escrito sin llegar a obsesionarse, aunque no cuesta nada poner lo acentos.

También opino que si uno va a un pais debería esforzarse por aprender su cultura e idioma y no meterse en una burbuja, esto vá por tí Agent Orange.

Así que ya sabes la siesta es obligatoria entre otras cosas y aprender algo de Español tampoco es malo (esto va por The Prodigy también).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:10 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Thanks thanks Vicen!

Well, I´ll be living in Malgrat De Mar... That´s quite different from Barcelona. :lol:

Very touristic... but I have to concidering I have to make money. I´m quite outgoing, but not a party-dude. Soooo, it depends... social life is always hard, in another country. I guess I'll be fine but I just have some minor doubts... it's for 6 months you know?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:35 am
Agent Orange wrote:
Thanks thanks Vicen!

Well, I´ll be living in Malgrat De Mar... That´s quite different from Barcelona. :lol:

I know I go every year to Barcelona, but I live in a touristic village, with lots of tourists from outside coming in summer, so, it's the same as Malgrat de Mar.

Try to make friends with people working at the same place as you :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:31 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Are you living close to Malgrat the Mar then? :wink: We should play Invaders Must Die sometime, on the beeeeach, having a cocktail or two. :-D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
dude

malgrat is like camp Holland but then not in Afghanistan...
and it's one hour by train to Barcelona :D

bueno habitas (or something lol) Lez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:54 am
Agent Orange wrote:
Are you living close to Malgrat the Mar then? :wink: We should play Invaders Must Die sometime, on the beeeeach, having a cocktail or two. :-D

Not very close, 5 hours by car :lol:
I live in Valencian Country.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:14 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 381Location: Madrid, SpainJoined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:03 pm
Agent Orange wrote:

Blah blah blah and blah blah blah. The important thing: the Agent Orange has the best fucking nickname and avatar here, really kicks ass, makes me laugh each time I see it.

Little orange, you're spending 6 months here, so if you go to Madrid, I'll be paying the beers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:39 pm
Nicky Hayden wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Blah blah blah and blah blah blah. The important thing: the Agent Orange has the best fucking nickname and avatar here, really kicks ass, makes me laugh each time I see it.

Little orange, you're spending 6 months here, so if you go to Madrid, I'll be paying the beers.
hahahah

Thank you, that is fucking cool of you. :lol:

Now imagine I got the best nickname with my old name... I thought it was never possible to make a new one even better. hehe There's a lot of thought put in my new nickname :lol:

Anyway, Oranges are also from Spain, but that's just a coincidence... and yeah, I will probably go to madrid for a weekend, maybe around May. I should and will let you know. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:41 am
aprendo español en universidad ahora

es muy agradable

también, es un poco fácil, porque la lengua es similar a la lengua francesa (mi lengua materna)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:45 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
(mi mensaje)