<  WELCOME TOPIC  ~  hey, im new

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:03 am
GruntGruntPosts: 2Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:51 am
hey guys,
im new to this kind of music and i was wondering if you could tell me what would be good to try and what just isnt worth my time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:17 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
welcome, you've come to the right place!

now there's a very tricky question right there. when you say 'this music', do you mean prodigy, or dance music, or electronic music, or breakbeat, or hardcore, or techno, or thrash, or hip hop, or ....

give us something to go on and you'll get some helpful replies, otherwise you'll probably just get wild stabs in the dark or sarcastic responses. what tracks do you like best? which tunes do it for you? what don't you like sorta thing.

it's a bit like saying you like fruit, and can anyone recommend any? well do you mean bananas or oranges or apples? soft or crunchy? bitter or sweet?

this place is for fruit salad lovers if the analogy stretches that far :lol: :lol:

once we've sorted that out, you'll find the music downloads section very pleasing :wink:

also: i'll say this before one of the mods does. you'd be better off putting questions like this in the 'music discussion' part of the forum. not many members bother looking here apart from welcoming mods. notice the locked thread below this one!

Last edited by jugo on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:58 am
User avatarHot ChickHot ChickPosts: 1943Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 pm
jugo wrote:
otherwise you'll probably just get wild stabs in the dark or sarcastic responses.

so true :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2141Location: Czech RepublicJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:18 pm
welcome to BK forum Call911 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:55 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 2Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:51 am
thanks for the welcome,

i guess it would be a good idea to specify which music im new to. lol. basically im new to everything jugo posted (prodigy, or dance music, or electronic music, or breakbeat, or hardcore, or techno, or thrash, or hip hop...) i know i like prodigy and some dance music and i believe some electronic music (i listen to the dance/electronic station on sirius at work a lot) but im really lost as to just which bands are good.

i like fruit...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
Call911 wrote:
i like fruit...

so maybe you should try this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananaphone

:wink:

welcome on bk forum! have as good time here as we have! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
Call911 wrote:
thanks for the welcome,

always glad to see new people here.

still unsure as to what it is about the music you've heard that you like. is it the bassline, the drums, the breakbeats, the noises, pianos, synth stabs or atmospheric sustains? uplifting, happy tunes, or dark, dirty ones? slow or fast?

was sorta hoping you'd come up with some names of tracks that you like. for example: prodigy tracks i really like are breathe, castle road, molotov bitch, and smack my bitch up. from these you can see that i like hardcore tunes, dark atmospheric synths, low basslines, and breakbeats, but don't really like pianos, cheesy samples and ravey synth stabs. therefore i'd probably like certain jungle and drum and bass, dubstep, hip hop, and acid style techno tunes that use these elements. and i do!

have a look at the tracklist for what's playing on the radio, post the names here, and we're in business!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:27 pm
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
greetings

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:34 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 130Location: home of tennis and the womblesJoined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:47 pm
hi im new on here and Im scared , all you blokes are arguing . Be gentle to me pleeeese. Ive led a sheltered life. :angel:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:10 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 72Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:01 pm
nohope4u wrote:
hi im new on here and Im scared , all you blokes are arguing . Be gentle to me pleeeese. Ive led a sheltered life. :angel:

Oh hi there, hope everyone is extra super nice to you and you can stick around for a long time to come.

pffft

You want it all but you can't have it
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:17 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 130Location: home of tennis and the womblesJoined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:47 pm
kinell wrote:
nohope4u wrote:

Oh hi there, hope everyone is extra super nice to you and you can stick around for a long time to come.

ah thanks Im feel better already :-D

pffft

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:46 pm
:wink: :lol:

it's all good nohope4u

it's only because we're passionate about what we believe....

it's not exactly a fluffy forum though :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:59 pm
jugo wrote:
:wink: :lol:

it's all good nohope4u

it's only because we're passionate about what we believe....

it's not exactly a fluffy forum though :lol:

Great always liked passionate men , anyways I like a bit of banter , nothing more exhilirating than a friendly argument . Thanks for making me welcome and the only fluffy things I like are the bits of fluff I get in my belly button :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:15 pm
with statements like that i have a feeling you'll be popular....... :lol: :lol: :lol: