<  WELCOME TOPIC  ~  OFFICIAL INTRODUCTION THREAD - COME IN & SAY 'HI'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:26 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 7Location: USAJoined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:31 pm
Hey guys.

This is Aenigma and I must say, I love this site. It's the best out there and I've been poking around for quite a long time.

I might be showing my age a bit too much but I've been a fan for a very long time. The song that first got my attention was Firestarter back when it was first released and I became a very avid collector.

Looking back, I'm not really sure how I managed it. I was 15 with no job and the internet wasn't so massive like it is today but I ended up with about 100 magazines, 3 books, the VHS, several posters and every single release I could get my hands on. The only things I was missing were demos and What Evil Lurks. I still have it all but my interest eventually faded with such a long gap after Fat of the Land.

Recently I realized I still love these guys as much as I ever did and dusted off my old collection. I suppose I picked a hell of a time to do it. I've already preordered the deluxe version of IMD so I suppose that officially makes me a fan again. :)

I can hardly wait for the new album and am cursing the fact I live in the US. Stupid shipping wait times...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1355Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:23 pm
Wellcome aboard. :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 7Location: Midlands-EnglandJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:55 pm
Alright chaps, new to the forum so i thought I'd say hi

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1430Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:04 pm
The T wrote:
Alright chaps, new to the forum so i thought I'd say hi

hi

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Hello to all newcomers, hope you stick around.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2534Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm
Aenigma wrote:

I can hardly wait for the new album and am cursing the fact I live in the US. Stupid shipping wait times...

hahah I know what you mean man but at least most of the releases have extra tracks so it's not that bad :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:48 am
GruntGruntPosts: 26Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:06 pm
Hello all. Name's Ry, been a huge Prod fan for about...9 years? I'm only 22 so that's pretty significant to me lol

I picked up Fat of the Land freshman year of high school and I must say, it completely molded my attitude towards music. To this day I am open to just about anything, and it started with that album. Now that I'm fortunate enough to spend time around the world, I'll always have the Prodigy with me. And despite the letdown that was AONO, Invaders Must Die is sounding BLOODY AMAZING. And that is exactly why I registered after about 5 years of lurking. =)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:27 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 3Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm
hi all,

used to be a prodigy fan when i was a kid. now with the new release i'm having a pretty unanticipated revival. i'm all excited and stuff. actually i started downloading the leak before, but halfway through the download i thought i'd enjoy the wait instead. blasting the real thing on proper speakers will just be so much better! also, there's so much music and movies etc out there to enjoy in the meantime.

that logic is of course all well and good, the only problem was that i went and listened to david bowie's jungle album instead of imd :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:01 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1430Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:04 pm
Hello roforofo!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1951Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
I'm glad to see new members at the best forum in da fuckin world :-D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Welcome to all of you 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:24 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 418Location: Worcester, EnglandJoined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:22 pm
roforofo wrote:
.... the only problem was that i went and listened to david bowie's jungle album instead of imd :?

I have never heard that David Bowie DnB lol. Actually, heard 'little wonder' but that's it! Any good lol?

And welcome, from another noob!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Welcome to all new padawans 8-)

Please grab a lightsaber on your way in! :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:38 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 137Location: POLANDJoined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:54 pm
Helooooo brainkillaz ;]

Im reading this forum from a long time.
I know prodigy from a very long time, i love their music since AONO era,
and Im a huge prodigy fan since 2006, when i saw them in Katowice, in POLAND.

Now i decided to take my ass and join to you ;)

(btw, im not so good in english, but im still learning. )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:06 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
You don't need to take your ass to join us. After all, you probably still need to sit on it from time to time.

btw, welcome :)

Offline Profile