<  WELCOME TOPIC  ~  Post Signatures

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:10 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Where or what is DOA?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:59 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
Aquila wrote:
Where or what is DOA?

http://www.dogsonacid.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:56 pm
User avatarHot ChickHot ChickPosts: 1943Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 pm
just checked that forum, i wouldnt call it forum, its disaster :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
yehaw! and we're off again! good to see there's some life left in it....

i didn't touch it arie. it was like this when i got here :-D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:59 pm
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
Aquila wrote:
Where or what is DOA?

DOA is Dogs On Acid, the largest drum & bass forum out there if I remember right. All the biggest d&b producers are there or have been there. You get people like Pendulum, Noisia, Spor, Apex, T-Power, Mayhem, and the list goes on...

the downside is it's a large forum based on (and to put it so kindly..) assholes. any thread you start is likely to be flamed to bits, anything you say in other threads will likely have someone flaming you. it's a pure roughneck wannabe badass forum :lol:

you can meet some cool people there and share alot of production tips in the grid, or just be like them in the board and flame away.

just about every rule they have is broken daily and their moderator crew and admin crew lack the determination to do anything about it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:37 pm
Yeah you definitely have to stick it out there for a while and get used to how things go there. The biggest problem I have with DOA is that EVERYBODY puts EVERYTHING in the "General" section. So you have your serious threads about a track or a release, and they're mixed in with topics like "I just banged my mates sister" and "I just boiled an egg" :roll: That place is in serious need of a dictatorship rule... like here :wink: The first thing they need to do is make a "D&B General" section JUST for D&B related posts, then all that other crap can go in an "Off Topic" section. The place just needs a makeover basically and some Iron Curtain-like rule :whip:

But aside from that, there are the most knowledgable D&B fans on the planet on that forum. You can find out about any tune or release, and in many cases you can talk to the artists themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:55 pm
That's about the biggest benefit as a fan. You can sometimes ask the producers themselves.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
if only that was what the prodigy were like :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:43 pm
i wish that were so :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:42 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
>>>--Coggles---» wrote:

good point.

over at dubstepforum artists are actively participating with people who are into their music (giving exclusive releases, updates, answering questions, etc..)

in fact, come to think of it, most people do it nowadays.

there's enough people here who are border line obsessive fans, that for liam not to post here is an insult really. you could say it shows that he's not really interested in them......

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:54 am
The Oracle wrote:
just about every rule they have is broken daily and their moderator crew and admin crew lack the determination to do anything about it

BigSugar316 wrote:
That place is in serious need of a dictatorship rule... like here :wink: and some Iron Curtain-like rule :whip:

to new members -

unfortunately, this is true. if i don't post enough links for decent music in the download section then my family will be sent to a concentration camp for 30 years.

as well as that, if you double post, you get put up against a wall and shot and then they .....

ADMIN EDIT 18/08/07: MEMBER LIQUIDATED

Last edited by jugo on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:01 am
jugo wrote:
>>>--Coggles---» wrote:

good point.

over at dubstepforum artists are actively participating with people who are into their music (giving exclusive releases, updates, answering questions, etc..)

in fact, come to think of it, most people do it nowadays.

there's enough people here who are border line obsessive fans, that for liam not to post here is an insult really. you could say it shows that he's not really interested in them......

Well it's two different schools of thought. You have all these young early-20s producers who grew up on the internet, then you have some old 30+'s like Liam and co. who for the most part don't like the net lol. Also, you can't really compare some dubstep producer who's sold a few hundred records to Liam who's sold 10's of millions of albums. I wouldn't expect him to (openly) come on here and start answering our questions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
to Tim: yeah i understand that now lol i know liam somtimes used to come on here and neko a while back, don't know about now but it would be good for him to even post one topic telling us about shadow and the new album :) it won't happen but it would be good.

to Jugo: wtf does MEMBER LIQUIDATED mean :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:56 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
>>>--Coggles---» wrote:
to Jugo: wtf does MEMBER LIQUIDATED mean :lol:

Its when they solute a member in a mixture of guiness and dolphin pee in a 2:5 ratio of mixture. I hate when that happens.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
The Oracle wrote:
Aquila wrote:

it's a pure roughneck wannabe badass forum :lol:

lol. how retarted is that? gives a whole new meaning to the "fighting over the internet" expression.

Offline Profile