<  WELCOME TOPIC  ~  Post Signatures

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:09 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
what about userbars ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:10 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 180Location: LondonJoined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:35 pm
some ppl like 2 stand out and i think variety is the spice of life and having no pictures can make the forum look dull! but i also agree 2 damaging and detracting from the actual message on the forum! maybe u guys need 2 meet half way 1 banner a certin size? just an idea? can i smell a muitanty brewing? where are the rebels? :P <H^Z/\/\

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
i was a little upset at first about the banner thing too chasm and i too thought it might be a little dull without them but we havent had them since coming to the new forum and i cant say it has taken away at all...after all your supposed to be reading what the person is posting not looking at there signature picture

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:31 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
yea i understand the banners in the sig space idea. take a trip round doa for a day, by the end of the day you'll be tired of seeing banners. it can add some spice, but it can also add some pain on the eyes and longer loading times for the readers. it's a tough call.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
heh heh......

people's personalities on this forum seem to come out in what they say and do. if you dye your hair orange and wear a t-shirt that says 'i'm one crazy arsed mo-fo' it means you're a bit of a dick because you're trying too hard.

same for banners i reckon. it's the boring executive with 'you don't have to be crazy to work here but it helps' sticker on their cup syndrome.

loads of forums are chockablock with endless threads full of nothing but 'crazy' banners in the sigs. it's just hiding the fact that they've got nothing to say, or are are so dull they want to hide behind pointless animation that they think makes them look cool.

if someone came up to you in the street wearing loads of badges with bullshit written on them, and animation going off all over their clothes, would you think "hey, what a great personality they must have", or "oh dear......"?

a mutiny for banners would be like a demonstration for the right to have fluffy dice dangling in your car - pointless and sad.

maybe we should have a thread where people can have as many 'crazy' banners, pics and the rest as they like. if it proved really popular with the members then there'd be a reason to change. if it just died out because it was a grave yard of toss we could bury the subject once and for all!

sorry for length, but it's just who i am (as opposed to a banner, which is just a picture. feel the difference?).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:23 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
jugo wrote:
maybe we should have a thread where people can have as many 'crazy' banners, pics and the rest as they like. if it proved really popular with the members then there'd be a reason to change. if it just died out because it was a grave yard of toss we could bury the subject once and for all!

This topic was burried for two months, until you dug it up again :!: :roll: :twisted: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
yeah i know. sorry bout that. just thought i'd add my ha'pnnies worth!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:13 pm
hahahahaha

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
I Must say tim whenever you have a problem, you've got great examples to show us why u got that problem, i was like wtf why you not aloud signatures but now lol i think your right in this one :)

i've been to loads of forums and yeah they are just chocked up with crazy signatures and comments that have zero relevance to the subject, the key to a great forum is having none of these signatures and banners and any spammers should get a great big ban,

if i came to this forum for the first time and seen all that bloody signature crap i would have said "fuck it, this is shit" and never came back, i've learned so much about what i never knew about the prodigy and herd so much other great artists here and any questions i have puzzling me i can ask on this and within an hour or so, ill get an answer, and the same is for personal messages, must say this though. This is the forum for me and im gonna love my stay here lol :-D :-D :-D

And i thank all the BK Members for sharing their knollege with me :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:02 pm
i'm with you there mate. this place is great!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:15 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Well, I agree. The chemical brothers forum suffers from this as well. It gets annoying after a very short period of time. Soon people will have videos rolling in their signatures and thats going to freak everyone out. So, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:43 pm
check out DOA for a day, that'll give you an idea :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
The Oracle wrote:
check out DOA for a day, that'll give you an idea :lol:

rotfl, just did. its beyond insane.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:20 am
exactly :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:41 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
Yeah. I always wondered how anyone can get something useful out of that forum. Its like 100 guys just sit and wait for a new topic so that they can post their retarded replys. Usualy each post only contains of one word, a picture, or an emoticon, followed by their 2+ page signature. Not to mention how unorganized the forum structure is.