<  WELCOME TOPIC  ~  Post Signatures

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
BigSugar316 wrote:
Also, you can't really compare some dubstep producer who's sold a few hundred records to Liam who's sold 10's of millions of albums. I wouldn't expect him to (openly) come on here and start answering our questions.

Well, actually, you can. Take the example of Underworld. Also a massive band, been here for more than Prodigy, sold millions of records and they still have the fucking time to reply to peoples posts on the darktrain.org forum. They even provided their fans with 4 promotional mixes in between albums with demo tracks to see which work best. They have a underworldlive.com website where they have archives and archives of professionally recorded gigs, videos, etc. You know, thats amazing.

Liam probably doesnt even get what a great marketing tool that is. Not only that, but he would gain massive respect from his current fans and definetly attain new ones. Its a shame really. You dont have to move a fucking mountain to achieve this. All you have to do is to go to the basement and give all that fucking material to Rockstar. How hard is that?
The only reason for not doing that is because you dont give a fuck.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
I agree with you on that one...

Apart from the official liam demo tape he never gave us anything on the website...

ohhhh i cant find it.... i lost it.... then SEARCH damnit

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:26 pm
ChemicaL wrote:
BigSugar316 wrote:
Also, you can't really compare some dubstep producer who's sold a few hundred records to Liam who's sold 10's of millions of albums. I wouldn't expect him to (openly) come on here and start answering our questions.

Well, actually, you can. Take the example of Underworld. Also a massive band, been here for more than Prodigy, sold millions of records and they still have the fucking time to reply to peoples posts on the darktrain.org forum. They even provided their fans with 4 promotional mixes in between albums with demo tracks to see which work best. They have a underworldlive.com website where they have archives and archives of professionally recorded gigs, videos, etc. You know, thats amazing.

Liam probably doesnt even get what a great marketing tool that is. Not only that, but he would gain massive respect from his current fans and definetly attain new ones. Its a shame really. You dont have to move a fucking mountain to achieve this. All you have to do is to go to the basement and give all that fucking material to Rockstar. How hard is that?
The only reason for not doing that is because you dont give a fuck.

Well it's not that he shouldn't or couldn't, it's just that I don't feel he's obligated to. If artists can, good for them, but I don't expect it from them. Like I said, some are internet savy, some aren't. Obviously Liam isn't, and probably never will be. Seriously, his albums take long enough. Imagine he was hooked on reading BK everyday! lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
BigSugar316 wrote:
Imagine he was hooked on reading BK everyday! lol

That would wake him the fuck up

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:51 pm
Interesting though, one of the leading people in the electronic scene hates the internet. Its beyond irony, its beyond absurd, its...its...its Liam Howlett, ladies and gentleman. Thank you, we'll be here for 7 more years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 pm
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
haha yea it is quite funny. it is unfortunate for him to not get involved with the fans.

underworld, nin, orbital, the list goes on.. many have done it or still do it. liam's just one who probably cant be bothered.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:58 pm
Thats true. He's a lazy bastard, we all know it. As far as reading BK everyday goes, he'd probably burn the entire studio after the amount of shit we give him. But hey, he definetly deserves some of that. Fuck alarm clocks, fuck waking up, just flow for fucks sake, or in the words of that penguin from Fight Club:"Just sllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiideeeee." Do a beat, Liam, c'mon. I dare ya! I double dare ya! :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:53 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 533Location: Essex, UKJoined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:54 pm
Sorry if this is sort of off topic now but this is regarding what was said earlier about DOA. Do you know of any other well known electronica forums in which you can speak to the artist? I would join DOA but I find it difficult to navigate around it and understand the sections.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:43 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
doa is about the easiest to navagate. this place is actually more complex than doa... you only got two sections there for basic user purposes... the board meaning everything goes.. and the grid.. production section.. that's it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:17 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
Attila Has a pic in his sig :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
ha ha! and this topic lives again :lol: :lol:

i was going to comment on that too!

i reckon it's just because it's a brainkiller logo.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
jugo wrote:

i reckon it's just because it's a brainkiller logo.....
well check out newest member "franktravesty" has a non bk sig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:32 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
tut tut naughty ppl :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:55 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 4134Location: kiev, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:17 pm
it's above the line!

it's part of his post, or he's an eagle eyed kinda guy who moved it after seeing your comment coggs....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:10 am
User avatarSite AdminSite AdminPosts: 4Location: Parts UnknownJoined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:30 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
well check out newest member "franktravesty" has a non bk sig

No longer.