<  WELCOME TOPIC  ~  New layout and small changes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
Some of you noticed the new frontpage layout. Still working on it.

Yeah I know it wasn't updated in ages, nobody checked the main page anymore, just the forum.

My bad, but when you have to work 12 hours a day and back home you have a little kid who wants to play is very hard to find some spare time.

I hope you'll enjoy the new frontpage and the new forum colours. Some 'Agent Orange' asked if I can remove the 'orange' colour from the forum and choose the Neo Green. Don't know what he is smoking but that must be hard stuff... here we are anyway, no more orange as orange asked. If you don't like it just shout and we can do something about it.

Remember this is your forum, I'm just the guy who set this shit up, but you keep it running. Everytime I log in I'm scared to find a dead place, but everytime I see the people still enjoy this place.

Thanks a lot to all of you and have a great 2010.

Last edited by BRAINKILLER on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
<3 the green BK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
I don't mind it, but I'm sure there's an option you can enable so people who don't like it can choose an alternate style in their profile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:54 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
Theres alot of things you can do to this place. However BRAINKILLER is just too busy. We can't ask for too much...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:05 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
iorkara wrote:
Theres alot of things you can do to this place. ...

name some of them

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:17 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
-Well, first off. If you arn't running Wordpress. I recommend running wordpress. Makes everything really easy.

-RSS Feeds for latest News
-Add The Prodigy's Google Calendar for easy reference.
-Twitter Support if you don't have one already, I know you got Facebook however thats not really updated/supported with news. You can post news on these services to keep people up to date or get them coming back.
-The site design can be constant throughout the main site..
-Facebook login.
-'Share' support.
-A Chat Box
-Use forum banner on main site.

All these little things.. Not really needed. However they improvements.. I dunno. I ain't no expert.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 am
iorkara wrote:
-Well, first off. If you arn't running Wordpress. I recommend running wordpress. Makes everything really easy.

tried to set up a wordpress layout but looked like a blog, and I don't want this to be a blog, this is a fansite.

Quote:
-RSS Feeds for latest News
-Add The Prodigy's Google Calendar for easy reference.
-Twitter Support if you don't have one already, I know you got Facebook however thats not really updated/supported with news. You can post news on these services to keep people up to date or get them coming back.
-The site design can be constant throughout the main site..
-Facebook login.
-'Share' support.

if that is really necessary any of you can do it, Tim did the myspace page, dunno who made the facebook one, and I never used twitter :(

Quote:
-A Chat Box

we have one, all we need is a weekly chat session

Quote:
-Use forum banner on main site.

will do, still working on the main page

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
i like the front page,i hope the different categories will be updated with the new design too.

but the forum layout i like it just the way it is.it's just perfect.the only thing you can probably do is ad a option for each user to choose different colour layouts for himself.so like if i want the forum to have black blackground i can have it like that,and another user wants it with white or freakin orange than he can set the colour for himself,maybe even change the font individually or fuck even layout if that's possible but like i said i really like this ayout.it's just simple,classic,doesn't hurt your eyes if you stare at it for hours lol.

and no twitter,rss feeds and shit.keep this thing simple and clean.too much ,,trendy-ness'' and ,,cool-ness'' sometimes spoiles the fun.

and thank you to for running this forum for all this years.you deserve the gratitude for putting a lot of money each month without asking for anything in return in this wonderful place :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:45 am
looks nice, just needs a resizing. might be my computer resolution, but 1/5 of the forum appears off-screen here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
BRAINKILLER wrote:
I hope you'll enjoy the new frontpage and the new forum colours. Some 'Agent Orange' asked if I can remove the 'orange' colour from the forum and choose the Neo Green. Don't know what he is smoking but that must be hard stuff... here we are anyway, no more orange as orange asked. If you don't like it just shout and we can do something about it.

That's me man, Mighty Poo. 'Some Agent Orange'... hahaha :lol:

Yeah, I thought it would be great to have a fresh look, a new color on the forum... Neo green (from the IMD special edition) should be nice for 2010! :-D And it seems to be awesome, I really really like the green style!

evans wrote:
<3 the green BK

Thnx! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 am
User avatarHot ChickHot ChickPosts: 1943Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 pm
everything is perfect but that green color on board, i guess i have some vision problems and my eyes hurts and blurs the text :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:35 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
erika wrote:
everything is perfect but that green color on board, i guess i have some vision problems and my eyes hurts and blurs the text :?

Give your eyes some time to adapt. It will be less bright if you hang around the forum a bit. You'll see. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:37 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 242Location: LondonJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:32 am
looks awesome, much better!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:01 pm
User avatarHot ChickHot ChickPosts: 1943Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
erika wrote:

Give your eyes some time to adapt. It will be less bright if you hang around the forum a bit. You'll see. :)

i dnt know my eyes reacts weird to some colors, even used eye drops today :lol:

would be cool if people could choose the color they want, but i dnt know if its possible :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
I like the new shit! 8-)

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW