<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Fat Of The Land 25th Anniversary Edition Double Silver Vinyl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:40 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Honestly, what's the point in buying TFOTL again? only because it has a redesigned cover?

Not enough for me, thanks.

I want unreleased stuff, not only nice pictures

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Quote:
Vinyl for The Fat Of The Land 25th anniversary sold out everywhere last week. Fortunately XL have increased the number of copies that we can make available on pre order for the release on 4th November. Head to the link below now to place your order whilst they last!

https://xlrecordings.com/buy/theprodigy ... aryedition

Be warned though, XL take the payment straight away and charge £10 for delivery for the bundle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
Honestly, what's the point in buying TFOTL again? only because it has a redesigned cover?

I cancelled my album order and stuck with the firestarter remix
I have the album on blue french vinyl from two years back

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:37 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:

I am a collector so I am getting this but I agree.

This is pretty lazy.

Imagine getting Take Me On and Cocaine Kitten xD

Also, Why is there never any b-sides with their re-releases. It is not like it is bad or anything. No man army sounds great.

They put their finished b-sides on IMD, what happened? Did people not like it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
I'm curious to see what and if there's anything in the works for the 30s of 'Experience'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:54 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
The Experience 30th will be a negative version of the front cover, so mainly black with white font. The extra track we'll get will be something like Everybody In The Place-Chase and Status Remix.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:45 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
People who want TFOTL on LP could consider getting the "standard" version with classic black vinyl. JPC list it as coming (again) in august if you want it new (saw another retailer with a 'coming soon' notice) so the wait would be less too.

Personally not a big vinyl fan, but imo colored vinyl often sounds more noisy than black vinyl (though better than picture discs and polystyrene). I imagine it would be hard to see if a silver vinyl is dusty or got dirt stuck in a groove.
...And when there are multiple editions, it is usually cheaper not to get the colored vinyl version too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:13 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
climbatize88 wrote:
what a joke, no b-sides, no live tracks just one remix, hard pass...

For me it's a missed opportunity. It would be great if they released an expanded version of the album (even if it was only digitally) collecting up all the rare/unreleased/not on streaming sites tracks.
For example: -
'Diesel Power (Dirtchamber Remix)'
'Mindfields (Monkey Mafia Mix)'
'Breathe (Instrumental)' (only available on the 'Breathe' Vinyl single)
'Firestarter/Smack My Bitch Up' Mashup (from the BBC Maida Vale live set for BBC Radio 1)
Instrumentals of the vocal tracks e.g. 'Diesel Power', 'Narayan', 'Mindfields', etc.

This, especially when TFOTL era has some really nice jewels, also it would be a good opportunity to finally release that live "Pain" mix of Diesel :')

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:17 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
threefiftyseven wrote:
The Experience 30th will be a negative version of the front cover, so mainly black with white font. The extra track we'll get will be something like Everybody In The Place-Chase and Status Remix.

Or that Leeroy's rmx, that he put on Soundcloud from few years back

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:43 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
threefiftyseven wrote:

awful but true.

That reissue, if it ever happens, might be potentially incredible for old skool fans but Liam is a lazy f*cker

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:45 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
The original vinyl pressing of 'The Fat Of The Land' has the end of 'Narayan' (around 7 minutes 3 seconds in, sometimes listed as 'Narayan Beats' in setlists when it was played live but someone has called it 'Firedrill' on the Discogs listing) on the other side of the vinyl before 'Firestarter'. I wonder if the re-issue will also do that. Are the other reissues of the album e.g. the recent HMV anniversary version also like that?

https://www.discogs.com/release/26194-P ... f-The-Land

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
The original vinyl pressing of 'The Fat Of The Land' has the end of 'Narayan' (around 7 minutes 3 seconds in, sometimes listed as 'Narayan Beats' in setlists when it was played live but someone has called it 'Firedrill' on the Discogs listing) on the other side of the vinyl before 'Firestarter'. I wonder if the re-issue will also do that. Are the other reissues of the album e.g. the recent HMV anniversary version also like that?

https://www.discogs.com/release/26194-P ... f-The-Land

I have the recently french release by FNAC and mine is like what you described

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:33 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 609Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:11 am
hello guys, question, the bundle, is it only the double vinyl + firestarter vinyl andy mix packed in a special package or both seperated like it buy both seperate?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:53 pm
Both seperate no special package

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:08 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am

RIP KEEF
Offline Profile