<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  #2022we’recomin4ya/#2023anewwaveoffire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:26 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 8Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Do you guys think this will be kinda like the no tourists rollout vis a vis new music? What I mean is, with the NT rollout, they gradually rolled more stuff out across shows (resonate first, need some1 soon after, later boom boom tap), so I wondered with these few shows tonight or tomorrow, or maybe at following gigs it may be similar. Obviously they did Disrupt Ya Flow and I loved it, so I'm itching to see what other stuff they have up their sleeves

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:38 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
This time around I'd rather we don't hear many tracks before the album is out. Last time they released four tracks so we'd heard about 40% of the album before it was released.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:49 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
New hastag has appeared on Liam's social media posts:

#armyoftheants

Forthcoming tune or the name of the new album? :P
Maybe linked to that line of human figures on their new backdrop?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:14 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 41Location: Outside the InsideJoined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm
''Army of the Ants'' is a cool name for an album

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:56 am
GruntGruntPosts: 53Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
and ants cover of album for that...I wish animated music videos in the coming era

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:19 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 15Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm
Gava your right the fill after the new track is class, also loving the version of smak they play now. Really interested in how tge new album will sound.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:02 am
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
Was listening to Them Crooked Vultures last week - their track Gunman has a great lyric

" the angry ants are crawlin....make me wanna scream"

Delivered in the usual haunting way by old Prodigy lighting man Josh Home, wonder might LH use it on an upcoming track?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:32 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 22Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 am
I wish there won't be any stupid ants, warriors, tourists, pirates or whatever dumb childish trash on a new album. :lol:
Just missing good old times when The Prodigy was about music, but not that silly symbolism.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:01 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
A][eL wrote:
I wish there won't be any stupid ants, warriors, tourists, pirates or whatever dumb childish trash on a new album. :lol:
Just missing good old times when The Prodigy was about music, but not that silly symbolism.

Yes, too strong or obvious and repetive symbolism grows old quickly and can't stand the test of time.

But on the the other hand #Armyoftheants is quite strong title for the new (and the last??) album if the rest of the "package" is wrapped with thought and style.

And playing with the animals symbolism has been with them early from the start: for exampke the ostrich on the cover and the video of Out Of space.

This being said I still Love more the rejected title How To steal of the jetfighter and the rejected album cover art made visible only in UV Light :bringit:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:10 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
A][eL wrote:

branding is important.
fans eat up all the 'ant/warriors stuff'

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Progress Is Made wrote:

most fans eat up all the 'ant/warriors stuff'

Fixed that for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:50 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
Army of the Ants is a very strong title. & I understand why they’re doing it.

I just want a new sound in the style of Jitled writing, like music that tells a story… if that makes sense.. & not recent material.

But overall, a new sound but still Prodigy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:37 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
TheProdigyFanboy.com wrote:

I just want a new sound in the style of Jitled writing, like music that tells a story… if that makes sense.. & not recent material.

Amen.
In my mind, they were always at their strongest when they went experimental, soundtracky, rather than full on "bangers / warriors / tear the house down / destroyyyy".
The way some of the tunes on Jilted (and FOTL) evolved and progressed was masterful. No one did it like them. The Chems, maybe, but in a different way.

I plead for more music, less symbolism. Let the music speak for itself, not words or pictures.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:45 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Ekko wrote:
TheProdigyFanboy.com wrote:

Amen.
In my mind, they were always at their strongest when they went experimental, soundtracky, rather than full on "bangers / warriors / tear the house down / destroyyyy".
The way some of the tunes on Jilted (and FOTL) evolved and progressed was masterful. No one did it like them. The Chems, maybe, but in a different way.

I plead for more music, less symbolism. Let the music speak for itself, not words or pictures.

+10000!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:18 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 10Joined: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am
A][eL wrote:
I wish there won't be any stupid ants, warriors, ...

I think the ant symbolism (since FOTL) means that the band (or the record company) regards the fans as "ants" .

When FOTL was released, the UK was reigned by Queen Elizabeth 2 (who tragically died last year), so the ant means that the fans "work" for the "ant-queen", and while working they have earwigs of Prodigy in their mind (provided they have a job and are not unemployed).

It's a bit like the band Queen with singer Adam Lambert (who replaced Freddy Mercury), who sang "We are the Champions" at the Queen Jubilee Party (in summer 2022)

who sang there "We are the champions ... of the world " at 1:20
see this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZCfHC0S0LE

Again which is like Keith Flint on "Champions of London".
It means "we rule the world " with our music. People all over the world have earwigs of our bands in their minds while they work and pay taxes to the british empire.
I mean even a lot of other music artists received medals from the british monarchy, for example drum&bass dj Goldie (known for the famous song "Inner City Life"), is owner of an "MBE", Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

Furthermore the album FOTL contains the booklet note:

"We have no butter, but I ask you, would you rather have butter or guns? Shall we import lard or steel? Let me tell you: preparedness makes us powerful, butter merely makes us fat. Lard? "

which is a quote from the 1930 years during the "great depression / recession", so it's an economic quote. And it (now in this musical context) means "we need Fat instead of guns for economic growth by creating pressure". And it creates pressure by the music. ("Breathe the pressure") I mean, music generally can be regarded as creating pressure with beats and kick drums etc.
Like the song "Girls", which is about getting a job to get some "Imagine how it be ... getting cash money... all the young girls".

Like the other american band "The Offspring" with the song "Come out and play" , with similar lyrics to Breathe "Come play my game".

Making people do work without guns but with fat (fat = music) is the only alternativity to make them work intensly. So the ant in my opinion is a symbol for "work slavery".

If you just like the music and do not work for it or waste your money e.g. by driving too much car and spending too much money for gasoline it's a different cup of tea.

greetings, ant_killer

Offline Profile