<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  No Tourists reviews

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:27 am
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
Q hasn't been a respectable source for a long time
That is such a lazy , lazy review - Rupert strikes me as a Coldplay fan.

On the topic of critics - they've always tried to make a name for themselves by dissing the Prodigy

The music is not for them, it's for the fans

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:46 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
.. brought to you by the guys who praised the new Franz Ferdinand album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:04 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 108Location: Landgraaf - The NetherlandsJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm
All he writes is: need some 1 is good, FFWF sparks due to Ho99o9, and champions on London is Shite.

That's not even a review..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:12 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 604Location: WI, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:13 pm
skhelllter wrote:

imagine being that basic. :lol:

Lololololol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:06 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 31Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:14 pm
https://www.allmusic.com/album/no-tourists-mw0003196972

Quote:
Three years after the release of their fifth straight U.K. chart-topping album, original electronic bad boys the Prodigy returned with their seventh collection of high-octane rave-punk anthems, No Tourists. Much like preceding albums The Day Is My Enemy and Invaders Must Die, No Tourists leaves little space to breathe, delivering a short and sweet set of blows to the head that was designed specifically for performing live. For better or worse, there aren't many new ideas here, but main man Liam Howlett is so adept at crafting explosive body-shakers that the lack of fresh concepts can be overlooked. Aggressive and pounding, No Tourists benefits from the tight track list, kicking off with the muscular swagger of "Need Some1" -- which combines the group's early devotion to hip-hop beats and the stabbing synths indicative of their late era -- and propelling without pause until closing highlight "Give Me a Signal," which features English singer/songwriter Barns Courtney on a surprisingly fitting union between Courtney's smoky blues voice and the Prodigy's clattering mayhem. In between, it's typically exhilarating, with songs such as "Light Up the Sky," "We Live Forever," and "Timebomb Zone" setting a straight trajectory toward festival headline stages. Keith Flint and Maxim appear when needed -- though they aren't as crucial to the formula as during the glory days of Fat of the Land -- blending seamlessly between the breakbeats with animated mischief and ominous mantras. Elsewhere, spooky rap-punk duo Ho99o9 slather some grit onto a particularly threatening "Fight Fire with Fire," but the collaboration offers little, serving as the sole stretch where the energy is not as completely overwhelming. Even though No Tourists is yet another same-sounding entry in the Prodigy's late-era discography, it's also another satisfying dose of thrills designed to wreck the dancefloor and the mosh pit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:06 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
greyson wrote:
https://www.allmusic.com/album/no-tourists-mw0003196972

Quote:
Three years after the release of their fifth straight U.K. chart-topping album, original electronic bad boys the Prodigy returned with their seventh collection of high-octane rave-punk anthems, No Tourists. Much like preceding albums The Day Is My Enemy and Invaders Must Die, No Tourists leaves little space to breathe, delivering a short and sweet set of blows to the head that was designed specifically for performing live. For better or worse, there aren't many new ideas here, but main man Liam Howlett is so adept at crafting explosive body-shakers that the lack of fresh concepts can be overlooked. Aggressive and pounding, No Tourists benefits from the tight track list, kicking off with the muscular swagger of "Need Some1" -- which combines the group's early devotion to hip-hop beats and the stabbing synths indicative of their late era -- and propelling without pause until closing highlight "Give Me a Signal," which features English singer/songwriter Barns Courtney on a surprisingly fitting union between Courtney's smoky blues voice and the Prodigy's clattering mayhem. In between, it's typically exhilarating, with songs such as "Light Up the Sky," "We Live Forever," and "Timebomb Zone" setting a straight trajectory toward festival headline stages. Keith Flint and Maxim appear when needed -- though they aren't as crucial to the formula as during the glory days of Fat of the Land -- blending seamlessly between the breakbeats with animated mischief and ominous mantras. Elsewhere, spooky rap-punk duo Ho99o9 slather some grit onto a particularly threatening "Fight Fire with Fire," but the collaboration offers little, serving as the sole stretch where the energy is not as completely overwhelming. Even though No Tourists is yet another same-sounding entry in the Prodigy's late-era discography, it's also another satisfying dose of thrills designed to wreck the dancefloor and the mosh pit.

So IMD 3 or TDIME 2, which is what I was fearing. And yes, these new tracks sound more IMD-TDIME than we want to admit even though Light Up The Sky and We Live Forever are better than average Rok-Weiler or Run With The Cocks thing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:00 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Fuckers don't understand the true meaning of what evil rave means. This record will show who the tourists are, good riddance.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:02 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Danny_G13 wrote:
Critics don't like Prodigy. Never really have.

This isn’t quite true. I remember that in the MFTJG and FoTL days, The Prodigy were darlings of the alternative music press, they got a lot more love from the likes of NME, Melody Maker and Q magazine than they did from DJ / Mixmag at the time.

More recently, TDIME got full marks from both Kerrang and Mixmag. I doubt any other album has done this.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:45 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 72Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm
greyson wrote:
"Fight Fire with Fire" serving as the sole stretch where the energy is not as completely overwhelming.

That sounds great, seeing as FFWF is a killing machine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Nightmare wrote:
https://www.readdork.com/reviews/the-prodigy-no-tourists

3/5

I like fight fire with fire, it is a great track and it is diferent from the band do but when someones says its a peak of the album I dont trust him. :wink: Especially when we already heard we live forever. Funny review really.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:36 pm
Prodigal Son wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
https://www.readdork.com/reviews/the-prodigy-no-tourists

3/5

I like fight fire with fire, it is a great track and it is diferent from the band do but when someones says its a peak of the album I dont trust him. :wink: Especially when we already heard we live forever. Funny review really.

Curious about title track - "haunting horror movie-style motif"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Uncut 70
Mojo 60
Print reviews.
https://www.metacritic.com/music/no-tou ... he-prodigy

1 bad and 3 mediocre reviews so far. Still waiting for Rolling stone to give them like a half a star or something :rofl:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:49 am
Prodigal Son wrote:
Uncut 70
Mojo 60
Print reviews.
https://www.metacritic.com/music/no-tou ... he-prodigy

1 bad and 3 mediocre reviews so far. Still waiting for Rolling stone to give them like a half a star or something :rofl:

You care about this?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:07 am
No. I care about good music. But I wanted to make a joke cause rs always give them the really bad reviews :)