<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy Review Thread

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
I agree with you both.

The "banger" pattern has fucked his production techniques, but now, obviously, according to the real BK fans you and me are trolls and need to be blocked from this site :)

I do not think anyone said to you what you write.But if you feel the need to leave i do not think anyone will lose his/her sleep.

Whats is this thing with the ''real BK fans''? Seriously....is there a competition who is the best fan?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:49 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
I agree with you both.

The "banger" pattern has fucked his production techniques, but now, obviously, according to the real BK fans you and me are trolls and need to be blocked from this site :)

I do not think anyone said to you what you write.But if you feel the need to leave i do not think anyone will lose his/her sleep.

Whats is this thing with the ''real BK fans''? Seriously....is there a competition who is the best fan?

I don't think he meant it that serious… smiley/sarcasm and all…
But I do remember lots of run ins (here), where people voiced sceptical opinions on the newer material and an immediate defense force was called into action by some, basically just bashing the "haters" without really looking into the points at hand.
This can get tiresome, you know.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:41 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Ekko wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
I agree with you both.

I don't think he meant it that serious… smiley/sarcasm and all…
But I do remember lots of run ins (here), where people voiced sceptical opinions on the newer material and an immediate defense force was called into action by some, basically just bashing the "haters" without really looking into the points at hand.
This can get tiresome, you know.

Labeling fans who don't like the new work 'haters' is sad on all levels :-D

Btw. I heard the new album live and i value it less now :/ it just feels kinda 'meh'. Hopefully he can still bring his genius to produce tracks with a bit more appeal.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:34 pm
Ekko , Jr...i think there are a couple of people here who are really trolls or haters or call them as you want.
But i never said to anyone to stop posting.I visit the forum since 2004 i think. When i posted about HTSAJ,Dogbit and the rest of the pre TDIME songs that are crap,almost everyone attacked me and started to say that ''it is just your opinion'' , ''you live in the past'' ect.

When later Liam binned all those songs because as we know now he believed he could do better none of those faggots had the @@ to apologise to me. But one time when i understood that i was wrong with a member here,that he was not a troll as i thought but just a guy with different taste ,i apologised to him.

Anyway the difference of a hater/troll is that those guys do not find anything positive about TDIME.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:52 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Speaking of scrapped tracks. I might be crazy but i think that:

If done right, Awol Bratislava version could be a good single and the new Firestarter.

And yeah, Jetfighter without the lyrics sounds so mythical to me, like Gundown. I would really love to have this as a b-side.

But i cant say anything about Dogbite. I could not give a damn about that track.

Liam makes some crazy decisions. Heatwave got scrapped but got later revived and turned into Rebel Radio for example.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:36 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Ekko , Jr...i think there are a couple of people here who are really trolls or haters or call them as you want.
But i never said to anyone to stop posting.I visit the forum since 2004 i think. When i posted about HTSAJ,Dogbit and the rest of the pre TDIME songs that are crap,almost everyone attacked me and started to say that ''it is just your opinion'' , ''you live in the past'' ect.

When later Liam binned all those songs because as we know now he believed he could do better none of those faggots had the @@ to apologise to me. But one time when i understood that i was wrong with a member here,that he was not a troll as i thought but just a guy with different taste ,i apologised to him.

Anyway the difference of a hater/troll is that those guys do not find anything positive about TDIME.

Well Detboi doesn't like anything of the new album and he is not a troll nor a hater. Same with other people. Didn't see any trolls so far to be honest.

Just a lot of people who cannot stand it if you disagree with them :) seen plenty of those haha

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:40 pm
Jr wrote:

Didn't see any trolls so far to be honest.

Just a lot of people who cannot stand it if you disagree with them :) seen plenty of those haha

There are 2 but i do not want to start writing names because i will get mad and i ll end up banning everybody except me.
You almost got banned a min ago and you did not even realised it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:43 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 181Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 pm
I've decided that this is my favourite Prodigy record. I think it's the best one so far. #dealwithit 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:28 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
aronmayo wrote:
I've decided that this is my favourite Prodigy record. I think it's the best one so far. #dealwithit 8-)

I think it's the 'fresh' factor playing with your mind, I thought the same about IMD when it was new. Let's see your opinion in 2-3 years time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:20 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 191Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 am
Fakin ill wrote:
Speaking of scrapped tracks. I might be crazy but i think that:

If done right, Awol Bratislava version could be a good single and the new Firestarter.

And yeah, Jetfighter without the lyrics sounds so mythical to me, like Gundown. I would really love to have this as a b-side.

But i cant say anything about Dogbite. I could not give a damn about that track.

Liam makes some crazy decisions. Heatwave got scrapped but got later revived and turned into Rebel Radio for example.

My thoughts:
  • AWOL Bratislava is terrible, one of their worst ever tracks, it's a good thing it was only played once then scrapped. The version of AWOL we all know should see a release at some point though - the chorus is cheesy as hell (and you can see why it wasn't put on the album) but it's a catchy track otherwise.
  • Jetfighter was probably the only one of the post-IMD tracks (that have been set aside) that would have fit on the album, but it's fair enough that Liam wouldn't have wanted that connection to the HTSAJ-era lingering around like that. I still have absolutely no idea why The Big Gundown is as revered as it is BTW.
  • Dogbite's pretty forgettable, agreed. The guitar-laden intro's quite fun but the rest isn't much and it doesn't fit anywhere.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:56 pm
agreed, awol was best as it is/or the edit version.

The chorus could have been more melodic if another singer is added with a bit more range I think

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
LifeIsAsLifeDoes wrote:
AWOL Bratislava is terrible, one of their worst ever tracks

Seriously :evil: ?

Awol (Bratislava Version) should be mixed with first version of Awol - kind of fast and slow track. So many topics, questions etc. about this track - for sure Liam will release this shit.

Last edited by Nightmare on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:55 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
AWOL Bratislava > the later AWOL version - more addicting, more flowing, more catchy, more everything. I looped it constantly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:35 pm
Nightmare wrote:
LifeIsAsLifeDoes wrote:
AWOL Bratislava is terrible, one of their worst ever tracks

Seriously :evil: ?

Awol (Bratislava Version) should be mixed with first version of Awol - kind of fast and slow track. So many topics, questions etc. about this track - for sure Liam will release this shit.

Yeah that version sucks, there is a reason he played it once :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:46 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 239Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:51 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

Why should anyone have to find anything positive in TDIME? It's a shit album. The Prodigy might as well rename themselves The Parody. It's a truly spectacularly monolithic fall from grace. Don't label someone a troll just because they don't agree with you.

Offline Profile