<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Album [almost] finished! (offcial source)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:09 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 236Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:26 am
ChemicaL wrote:
themanikin wrote:
something interesting about liam's previous mastering experience in NY

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct04/a ... rodigy.htm

Cheers for this.

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1729Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 pm
n/a wrote:
So far, there have been albums with 10, 12 and 13 tracks. Would be awkward not to have one with 11 tracks, wouldn't it :wink:

:-D But hey they just broke the line. 12, 13, 10, 12. Now it should be 13 again!!!!!!!!! :-D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:21 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
©@rm4g3dd0n wrote:
n/a wrote:
So far, there have been albums with 10, 12 and 13 tracks. Would be awkward not to have one with 11 tracks, wouldn't it :wink:

:-D But hey they just broke the line. 12, 13, 10, 12. Now it should be 13 again!!!!!!!!! :-D

Let's hope it's a case of quality over quantity :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1265Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm
great news can't wait. Hope its all true or we'll all be bangin our heads off the wall.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
I believe that world premiere of new single will be at Olympic stadium in Moscow! 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
jesus i was proved wrong on this one, i'm gonna believe this one, why ? because this has came straight from liam, unlike all previous news comming from websites we've never heard of and people like mr been.

we have 11 tracks, that will last a good 70 to 80 minutes, and the big 4 year wait for that, well its worth it for prodigy, now i feel for sure the invaders tour is gonna be mostly new songs and a new setlist entirely 3 months from now equals February so im saying February/March release. damn its gonna be good

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Hell yeah, I was waiting for this news so long. Feb release is realistic for me. Hope we`ll get a single before. We can excpect album title and cover soon too. I one more time hell yeah!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:40 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Invaders wrote:
Ekko wrote:

And what now, they are finishing mastering or they are finishing recording? There's a lot of work in between these stages...

They finished recording on Friday 24th

source?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
...we have 11 tracks, that will last a good 70 to 80 minutes...

I would say more like 60 minutes, as the average length of a Prodigy record is 63 minutes, and that's due to length of MFTJG - the only album exceeding one hour. For a 70-80 minutes album of 11 tracks, most of them have to be around 7 minutes long, and I don't see that happening.
60 minutes isn't bad at all. For comparison, rock albums are usually 40-50 minutes long.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
we have 11 tracks, that will last a good 70 to 80 minutes

hmmm, id say 60 minutes maximum. wont exceed an hour

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Fifer wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
He said "we are at final stage of mastering"! Isn't this mean that mastering will be finished soon, not just started?

Great news. 11 tracks, put this Space Invaders intro to be 12th!

This is awesome...

fair point. Never read it properly, he always write in such a lazy way.

what space invaders intro?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:40 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1654Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Invaders wrote:
Ekko wrote:

And what now, they are finishing mastering or they are finishing recording? There's a lot of work in between these stages...

They finished recording on Friday 24th

source?
flinthy from forum.theprodigy.com
http://theprodigy.com/index.php/compone ... 82/t,2576/

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
*PinHead* wrote:
Fifer wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
He said "we are at final stage of mastering"! Isn't this mean that mastering will be finished soon, not just started?

Great news. 11 tracks, put this Space Invaders intro to be 12th!

This is awesome...

fair point. Never read it properly, he always write in such a lazy way.

what space invaders intro?

First shorter version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRv6z2lt5O4

Second longer version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYO9XbJQbPM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i think they ones are both the same, just different times recorded, the other one was played at gatecrashers and had a sample saying all invaders must die and the mental siren but i prefer the first plain intro, the sound is absolutly raw, funky and hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
i think they ones are both the same, just different times recorded, the other one was played at gatecrashers and had a sample saying all invaders must die and the mental siren but i prefer the first plain intro, the sound is absolutly raw, funky and hardcore

yeah i remember seein a video of the one with the "invaders must die", i'll have to try and find that again, i loved it. was it actually said anywhere that there was going to be an intro on the album tho?