<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy AMA on Reddit 31/03/2015

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:30 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I've had a good laugh reading Liam's answers. Stuff like "awol may get finished at some point , maybe il just give it away" will be forever held against him unless he does it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:41 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 25Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:09 pm
Ahah! Dirtchamer 2, getting some unreleased tracks ahahah,

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:52 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
Id rather he just reworks all the old demos, go as far back as Experience if he wants, and play around until he's happy with them then put them out in another year or so as the next album, if that's what it took to get Destroy, Rebel radio etc finished and the album out finally I'm all for it. I know he likes a gap, but lets have a Experience>Jilted length one this time, no need to be revolutionary with each album anymore, just bring the beats we love regularly and keep us fans happy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:59 pm
Jimmy Mcgroe wrote:
He answered mine in the end, he didn't like my suggestion of Leeroy on vocals :lol: , but his answer to my personal question made my day, nice to know he's still rocking something I sent him nearly 9 years ago.

Quote:
4). I hope you got those Streetsounds Electro & John Carpenter soundtracks I sent you years ago?

Quote:
4. shit man , i got that john carpenter cd in my car , im not kidding either

Good for you. Out of interest, what's the story behind you sending them to Liam? You just decided to send them to him? Were you suggesting them as good sources for samples? What did your accompanying letter say?

What John Carpenter soundtracks were they? A compilation of his 'greatest hits' or various individual soundtracks?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:28 pm
Hey JJ, Yeah man it was about 2006 if I remember right, back in the old brainkiller forum we used to have a couple of great threads with all the street sounds Electro (started by big sugar) and one with the John carpenter soundtracks also, we were discussing back then how we'd like to hear Liam sample some of the tracks in the next album (which would end up being IMD).

A year or two prior someone had sent me Liam's contact details, I figured it would be nice to compile all the Streetsounds, Carpenter and I think all the Bond soundtracks on a load of discs as well a a couple of my own choice greatest hits discs from the same sets, and send them off in the hope of inspiring some new tracks and just give some appreciation I suppose.
I wasn't sure if the address would be correct and I didn't put a return address on as I wasn't expecting any correspondence back and didn't want to seem like a needy fanboy. :lol:

So apart from the fact he sampled Assault on Precinct 13 in Beat 55 (the voice sample was on the soundtrack I sent) and sampling the track "the bank robbery" and some others from Escape from New York in a few live sets I really had no clue he'd received the parcel until yesterday.
I did write a few words on a letter as well, honestly can't remember what I put, I do vaguely remember writing some appreciation for BGAT and AONO, and I told him how important the Brainkiller & Nekosite (RIP) communities were for keeping the vibe alive during breaks in releases. Just nice to get closure on it and I'm chuffed he's still held on to em.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:38 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
That's an amazing story! Feels crazy that he still rocks that CD in his car.

So...we can thank you for Beat 55 then, right? :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Jimmy Mcgroe wrote:
---

awesome story! :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:18 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
thank you very much for summary
sado1, guest01

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
haha nice thanks Jimmy and ima pass on that jacket it looks a bit dated for me to wear it but thats cool cause their new merch has that nice black sweater im gunna get! thanks anyway! cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:35 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 262Location: rsnsJoined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:46 pm
epic answers...Ive read all the question with replays.
most intriguing is that Liam is an alien.
btw reboot of x-files coming next year....Liam do the theme for it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:58 pm
Rickyoto wrote:
haha nice thanks Jimmy and ima pass on that jacket it looks a bit dated for me to wear it but thats cool cause their new merch has that nice black sweater im gunna get! thanks anyway! cheers!

no worries mate, cheers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Beatport took some of the questions

https://news.beatport.com/the-15-best-q ... reddit-ama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:26 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
Wow The prodigy really had a problem between them that put in risk breaking up the band thats the reason that Keef looks so boring on stage looks very serious on stage as if sick on the last tour 2014

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
loga97 wrote:
Wow The prodigy really had a problem between them that put in risk breaking up the band thats the reason that Keef looks so boring on stage looks very serious on stage as if sick on the last tour 2014

Maybe he was constipated.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:27 pm
Jimmy Mcgroe indirectly made Empire Magazine's weekly news email: -

Quote:
5 things we've learned this week: -

There's an X-Man called Morph.

The Prodigy's Liam Howlett listens to John Carpenter soundtracks while driving.

Sarah Gadon does a very tuneful 'Everything Is Awesome'.

Mooli is a type of radish.

Ryan Gosling loves all breakfast cereal.

Offline Profile