<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Interview With Liam Howlett

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
From theprodigy.nl

Last thing we heard about the new album was that there are already 4 songs finished and "ideas" for 16 more songs.
How is the album evolving now and do you think it will be out this year?

The album will be first quarter of next year ,with 1 single before. It is going well and we are luving it. There are a lot of ideas, maybe 25 ,we are now starting to finish the best tunes and getting vocals written

We also heard something new on the Dubai Rock Festival. A cover of "War" by Dog.
Is this a track that will be played more live or will it maybe end up on the album?

It wont be on the album. Keef wanted to cover it, so I did a version of it.we will probably play ita few more times.

New tracks since AONO are Warning, Heatwave, Wake the Fuck Up and some more fills heard live.
Is the new Prodigy wave going to sound more like that or what can we expect? Hard to tell what Sort of music it is.... but how does it feel so far?

These tunes have no relation to how the new album is sounding. People will just have to be ready when we hit them with the new invasion of space shit

We know Maxim and Keith are doing vocals, but are there any possible collaborations on the new album?
There are but im not saying coz they aren’t finished yet. Not too many other people though. We want to be able to play most of this record live

At the moment you are doing a few gigs outside the UK, will there be more dates added to promote the album this year and do you still plan to play new tunes to experiment with them on stage?
We arnt playing any new tunes till later in the year. We aren’t promoting any album at the moment, we are just playing to get more inspiration

After 15 years with XL-Recordings, you have started your own label: Ragged Flag. There will be more artists signed up.
What is your role in that and will the label be for electronical music only, or also other genres and waves? Are there already other Artists signed up on this Label?[/b]
The first record out will be ours,we will concentrate on expanding the label next year .there wont be any rules to what type of music will be released as long as it is noisy. We had a great time at xl and im still connected and friends with the guys. I know that our new label are very excited about the next album and thats what we need.

Thanks a lot for doing this emailinterview. Means a lot to us as crew of TheProdigy.nl but of course also to all the fans in the world.
Personally I wanna add that you really don’t need to rush things, inspiration comes when it comes, it will find you, you don’t need to look for it =)

---OK THANKS> MR H NEVER RUSHES. C ya

Big Respect to TheProdigy.nl crew who helped me create this:
Mac.Nificent, Zumo, Kermit, Saqoon and Arie.

Last edited by untitled6 on Thu May 10, 2007 1:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Shit I was just about to post this :lol: ET called me to tell me 'bout it. Nice to have some little questions answered. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:15 pm
Hooray !! It`s here. 8-)

"new invasion of space shit" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
I got my awnsers finally.

I feel relieved seriously.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1951Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
thanx for this murphy. thanks for this nl crew.
for me it's another liam's interview with this "new album next year" included. :( . anyway I hope this time is for true

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am
nice to hear some "official" info. too bad its so short but its better than nothing. thanks one more time :-D

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:52 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 147Location: kyiv, ukraineJoined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:55 pm
Fuckin great!!!! Just've translated it into russian (http://forum.theprodigy.ru/index.php?bo ... 0#lastPost)

MR.H NEVER RUSHES! 8-) That's sounds great.
Whole interview is very positive and bright. Thanks to all TheProdigy.NL crew for making this!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:04 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 590Location: USAJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 am
New album will be out next year? figures. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
yo guys i just changed my nick to Untitled6 becouse i use this nick everywhere but here Murphy....Want to have only one nick.

About the interview i rely disapointed to hear "War" cover is not going to be in the new album...That tune is so great and a Prodigy cover probly is a bomb...Still i hope we will manage to have it from Dubai DVD or recordings of it from others forthcoming gigs.

And one more thing...I love Prodigy 8-)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1355Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:23 pm
It's really nice to hear that War cover won't be on new album.
I want to hear authentic Prodigy tunes on new album, not covers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
Thats some good new...wish the album was coming sooner...but if he can stay with the early next year tag then he should be fine as long as this isnt the second coming of AONO where dates keep flying years back. Also prodigy does like to do b-sides its possible War could be a B-side on one of the singles

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1729Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 pm
Sounds good! Can't wait to get my hand on the new album. I thought it'll come this year, but it seems we still have to wait. But it's no prob, the point that it will come soon!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:36 pm
User avatarHot ChickHot ChickPosts: 1943Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 pm
StasZ wrote:
I got my awnsers finally.

I feel relieved seriously.

same here

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:57 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
no new songs live! ;( no new songs in poland on creamfields ;(. no war on new album.

sad but true.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:37 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
Great interview, shame we have to wait longer for the album but maybe we will get a single at the end of this year 8-) . Does this mean that Micheal Been guy who said the album was in the mixdown stages was spouting a load of bull? Seems a bit early considering it's nearly a whole year away.