<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Interview With Liam Howlett

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:13 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 590Location: USAJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 am
does anybody know what video game he got ahold of? Because that's why the album is now coming out next year.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 417Location: Prague, Czech RepublicJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:41 pm
lancha wrote:
does anybody know what video game he got ahold of? Because that's why the album is now coming out next year.

That's it. There's new Tomb Raider, right? :-D

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Nice one, that answers a few questions. Take me to fucking space man!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:25 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 364Location: SlovakiaJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:10 pm
No new album this year??? :cry: :cry: oh,shit!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:10 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 134Location: Exeter, UKJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:59 am
Its good to get a few questiones answered. Im sure I willl be ready after a year to be invaded by some space shit. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:58 pm
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
KeVo. wrote:
You still can`t rule out this album for 2007 completely until the end of 2007. :wink:

True, but it's May.. they have no video even in starting phases for shooting.. and if they skip the video and just do a single it should be announced ahead of time so people even know they are releasing something.. god knows nobody in the states save for the die hard prodigy fans even knew they were still around let alone they released something.. so with that in mind.. unless they start shooting a video or announce a single anytime soon i dont even see that out in the next 4 or 5 months atleast... that pushes us to almost the end of the year.. and if they plan on doing 3-4 singles they'll do another one after the first one before they do the album, if they dont do 2 singles before the album they'd have to announce the album release date almost at the same time they release the single or announce the singles release date.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2534Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm
well I think that they're quite ready with the studio material and the delay's probably caused by the new label and stuff..So it's quite possible to have a single in September/October..I hope I am right

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
problem is I think that the single must have the same style and direction of the album...

and I believe Liam doens't really have a direction of the album so far.
Maybe he kicks us with some good shit on a single and then the album will sound totally different... still like before the Experience Album... write a lot of tune, put us up with some singles and then mix them together with some new shit on an album.... Would be perfect =)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Untitled6 wrote:
From theprodigy.nl

The album will be first quarter of next year ,with 1 single before. It is going well and we are luving it. There are a lot of ideas, maybe 25 ,we are now starting to finish the best tunes and getting vocals written

I don't read this as if Liam is saying that we will get a single this year. I read this as there will be 1 single in 2008 before the album is released. So like - there won't be 3 or more singles but only 1. Seems like they release fewer and fewer singles for each album :(

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:44 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 241Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:39 pm
Lol, I newer knew my account is still working at BK.
All credit goes to ET for the interview.

I'm happy with the interview because it gives some awnsers, who many people are waiting for. I'm glad the Bk peeps like it.

Small, but worth it.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:19 pm
Lectro wrote:
Untitled6 wrote:
From theprodigy.nl

The album will be first quarter of next year ,with 1 single before. It is going well and we are luving it. There are a lot of ideas, maybe 25 ,we are now starting to finish the best tunes and getting vocals written

I don't read this as if Liam is saying that we will get a single this year. I read this as there will be 1 single in 2008 before the album is released. So like - there won't be 3 or more singles but only 1. Seems like they release fewer and fewer singles for each album :(

No, he means one pre-album single. I'm sure there will be 2 subsequent singles after that.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
BigSugar316 wrote:
Lectro wrote:
Untitled6 wrote:
From theprodigy.nl

No, he means one pre-album single. I'm sure there will be 2 subsequent singles after that.

Maybe you are right. But yes definently 1 single before the album. And I think that will be either late 2007 or in the first quarter of 2008 if he sticks with the releasedate this time.

The reason I wrote it was just that it sounded like some people thought he was actually saying that we would get 1 single this year and that is not mentioned in the interview. All he's saying is 1 single before the album.

Would be funny if it'll all be released in a few months though, hehe. Then this is his way of messing with our minds. Oh I wish! :P

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
However, lets take a look at what Mr. Mike has to say:

Quote:
Hello again. I have been extremely busy working with one of our clients Violent Femmes.

''Spitting Venom'' Is NOT a track that Liam has done, at least not that i know of. I believe one of the track names is a of chemical? Like Methanol or such. IIRC.

''Cocaine Champagne''Is NOT a track, nor is it the working title. There is no title for this album, yet.

As for it being released in 2008. I had mentioned earlier that Liam had been busy with meetings and time consuming things. He gets distracted from his work because he likes to be left alone, but i guess that's impossible here in London. Ha ha.

2008? Do you people REALLY believe what Liam says? Ponder that.

http://www.bandlink.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42527

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 54Location: NorwayJoined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:48 pm
i think liam isnt telling the truth, about releasing in 2008.
i still think we might see a release this year

Offline Profile