<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Take This With A Grain Of Salt... (New Album Details?)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:40 am
Thanks to Shadowcat for the link...

No idea how reliable this information is at all, so take it with a HUGE grain of salt:

Quote:
Hi, The new Prodigy record is going into its first mixing stages. And i had the pleasure of a full listen. However, I cannot comment or give away on any track titles or the album title itself as those will appear on the new recreated website in further weeks. On reviewing this album i must say, All the hardcore Prodigy fans will angerally say 'Liam didn't listen to the fans'. Some tracks seem to be cut at the end, or have abrupt finishes. Much like the Live Set opener Wake The Fuck Up and the bass crunching Back 2 Skool which featured on the bonus disc of the Best of Package. Another dissapoint that fans might assess, is the lack of Maxim and Keith Flint providing vocals. On the 2 tracks inwhich they do appear together, they seem out of focus, or as if the chemistry just isn't there. You cannot compare it to Breathe at all. In terms of general sound, Think Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. Liam had added minimal new sound to this album from the last. However, minimal sometimes does add greater effect.

In conclusion, this album is not mixed and finalized. so therefore i cannot judge first hand. also, some tracks will get finalized but not make it onto the record for unknown reasons.

However, aside from all the downfalls. Hardcore Prodigy fans will be thrilled (and as i mentioned above, somewhat disapointed.) for 2 reasons, 1] These beats are the best in its genre, they hit hard and will please the fans, although this is no Fat Of The Land nor is it the new Firestarter or Breathe. And 2] Enjoy this album, for it will be the only thing you will get for awhile.
atleast i seem to think.

Michael Been.

http://www.bandlink.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42527

(I searched "Michael Been" and there was a Michael Been in a band called "The Call". No idea if it's the same person or anything)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:42 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
weird...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:00 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 54Location: NorwayJoined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:48 pm
bull*hit if you ask me.
it just doesnt seem right that a nobody (as far as i know)
posts this on a neutral website. furthermore, he has
1 posts in total lifetime. lol? :roll:

additionally, we've also heard from the polish website (the admin there)
that the album supposably is out in about 2 months time.
so either way someone is being a big fake.

because if this michael been guy is correct, well.. then the album is not yet totally finished, and to just get it out takes a couple of months.

this michael been does not give us any indication what so ever
to direct us into believing that his information is genuine.

so i wont take this with any salt at all to be honest :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:18 am
Nope, reads like it`s been translated into English anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:53 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:58 am
why would liam or any other band member for that matter
want to let this michael been listen to the tracks so he could write about it in a very discrete forum post, as a new user?

if i had a nearly finished album, and was about to release it, i would not
let anyone get the message out for me in any way, i'd share it to the fans myself :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:01 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Someone tie a rope around Mr. Been's neck and push him of a chair. :?

Weird story, I don't remember anyone had a chance to listen to AONO when it was not done yet. Smells like fresh bullshit to me. Let's wait on what Liam has to say before we speculate *again*.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:05 am
yeah, and this post was made at the same time we heard
about the ever so close release, from the polish site or whatever it was?

smells even more :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:12 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
hmmm what if someone can contact Mr.Been and find out?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:17 am
a wild guess, but i suppose there are dozens of beens out there that
might be the one whom made the post.
its pretty anonymoussly made, sure he signs "michael been" but why the heck did he make that post in a partly desolated forum anyways? and not.. here for instance :P

beyond me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1956Location: sitting on cloudsJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:37 am
"I cannot comment or give away on any track titles or the album title itself as those will appear on the new recreated website in further weeks." - let's wait and see :) - "there is not smoke without fire" :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:12 am
Hot ChickHot ChickPosts: 952Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:28 am
hey techern are u liam? lol .. u kinda sound sooo determind that this is false info lol but then again 90% of new info is these days aint it? i just thought i was on a roll cause i found that rob holiday joining manson thingy and then i found this :P i tryed to search for that micheal been dude and aparently hes an american, but he worked with a recording studio in london

MAYBE liam knows him from working in a recording studio in london???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:35 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
"The new Prodigy record is going into its first mixing stages" (Michael Been) and "The new album will be out at the end of June" (Polish web site) don't add up. If it's still being mixed, I simply can't believe that it will hit the shelves in only two months time. As I wrote before, until it's officially confirmed, I'm taking all this with a huge amount of salt ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:31 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
As we know now, the Polish news about a new album being released at the end of June was all a joke. No doubt this is the same.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:37 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 393Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
i think its time for neko to do another great interwiev with liam to break this silence and speculations