<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interview with The Rev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:31 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Its been quiet for a while, this interview is quite good :D

http://www.lep.co.uk/news?articleid=2940538

Lancashire rocker on life with The Prodigy

The Rev rocks

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »
View GalleryIn 1999 Morecambe guitarist Paul James was playing to a few hundred people with his band The Bottlenecks.

Now the 22-year-old – better known as The Rev from punk band Towers of London – is to complete an astonishing climb up the career ladder.

Several months ago he signed up as the new guitarist with dance super-group The Prodigy and is now in the middle of an eight-date festival mini-tour and working on the band's fifth studio album.

When the Evening Post caught up with him, he admitted he had to pinch himself when he stepped out on the stage in front of 45,000 people at Creamfields in Lisbon three weeks ago.

But The Rev, who still makes regular visits to see his family in Morecambe, says making it as a rock band guitarist has always been his dream.

He said: "I would say I'm a bit cocky about it because when I was playing the Lancaster Beer Festival in front of 200 people and then went to see Aerosmith the next night, I looked up and thought, 'I'm going to do this.'

"I was in three bands when I was 14 and if I had not done all that I would not be where I am now. It just goes to show if you put the effort in you get what you deserve.

"Every single day I watch the world go by and watch people going to work and think I'm going to play guitar with my mates and get paid for it."

The Rev met The Prodigy two years ago when Towers supported them at Brixton Academy. He got to know the band and, after their guitarist left earlier this year, he got a call inviting him to join up.

Paul will now play three more Creamfields gigs and another four music festivals across Europe. He added: "Towers of London have got some downtime at the moment and when a band like The Prodigy ask you to play guitar you don't say no.

"I was a Prodigy fan before and getting the chance to support them and go for a beer with them was good enough. I'm over that 'wow' thing now, we are friends.

But I do have to pinch myself when I'm there in front of 45,000 people and Keith Flint is jumping all over me."

The Rev insists he will always remember his Lancastrian roots and will also not be leaving Towers of London, although he says he does not know what the future holds.
Last Updated: 08 June 2007

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:26 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
I think it's gonna be alllllright with this guy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
But I do have to pinch myself when I'm there in front of 45,000 people and Keith Flint is jumping all over me."

YEAH!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1729Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 pm
Who is this bony gay?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:07 pm
old news :wink:

so there are 7 dates left according to The Rev, so can we rule out anymore short notice gigs for the moment ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Okay I'm less excited about this guy now
I heard there will be a possible collab. with ToL.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
StasZ wrote:
ToL.

lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:39 pm
Towers of London you stupid fuck ET :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:01 am
sorry for the topic dig

Quote:
And then of course as you've already mentioned, you and Snell left and you found musical solace playing with The Prodigy, what was that like for you?

It was unreal, one week I was on the TOL tour bus and while the rest of the band was upstairs playing rock star, myself and Snell sat downstairs listening to Prodigy albums (I'd actually got the call and offer to work with Prodigy halfway through a 3 week Towers tour) they had no idea I'd been offered the gig. It was unreal ! I stepped off that bus on the last date wrote a long e-mail explaining my departure and the next weekend I was flown first class to Portugal and stepped out in front of 60,000 people playing with the heaviest band I'd ever had the pleasure of meeting. Amazing guys, amazing times, and a totally self-indulgent release!

What did you personally learn from working with those guys?

I learnt what it felt like to get the fire back! I learnt a lot from how focused and professional they were when it came to playing the show, and how you can still let rip and have the big time but be a tight focused aggressive band. The time I spent in the studio with Liam opened my eyes to a whole new genre of music I hadn't been exposed to yet and I learnt a strong work ethic that I'd always had, but it had been suppressed towards the end of Towers.

http://www.uberrock.co.uk/interviews/61 ... usive.html