<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Maxim interview in Romania

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
nothing new actually

What’s behind your masks? Keith’s hairdress, your crocodile contact lens…

That was in ’96. The image was much more important in the showbiz. I had lots of scary contact lens, metal teeth, changed hair colour… back then all this was something new, shocking. But we changed now. Our music evolved, our style and acting on stage evolved. No more masks. They are out of date, nowadays is a way to get lost in the crowd of artists actually doing it. We don’t need these things anymore.

They say you are a poet, a shy guy.

On stage I am playing a role, wearing a mask made exclusively for the stage. I never had to wear the lens on the street. I would scare the people. On stage everything is pushed at the extreme, everything is exaggerated: sound is loud, crazy speed, energy explosion. If I would be full of energy all the time probably I would explode. There must be equilibrium between yin and yang. I’m a relaxed guy, my life is equilibrated. I’m not a shy guy, that’s for sure.

What’s the importance of the “true lyrics” in dance music? You said once that when on stage it doesn’t really matter what you’re saying, nobody would listen anyway…

Words create connection between people. Back in the day lyrics were not that important for “synthie pop”. There was a time when you could walk on stage and say big words, you could say anything as soon as the words and music were connected. It’s all about how you express your self. There are people who can’t express anything. There are people who just don’t understand

Rave, dance, punk, rock.. what’s the Prodigy style?

Our music never had a politics target, even we have been classified as “punk” I don’t even know what punk means these days. Punk music is not anymore what is used to be.
I think punk is a lifestyle. It’s about rebel people, not only against the system, but against any rule, any society. I’m not a punk anyway. I’m am and I want to remain the way I am. Name my style as you wish.

You’ve done charity.

I think charity is ok as soon as the cause is good enough. I’m not that saint anymore. I create music, make people feel good. If my music or my image as musician can convince people to donate some money then is ok.

Television?

Television is a good way to connect with the people. But you hardly understand what a band is about just watching TV. A band is a way of energy that people can’t receive by watching tv or a dvd. You got to be there, you got to be close.
Mtv promoted us. This compromise was necessary. That’s the reason we don’t work with a director when we make the videos. Imagine is very important, nobody else know what we want to communicate to the people

Internet?

We have sold “Memphis Bells” on the internet. 5000 copies in a few hour. Internet is the new era of the showbiz probably. Internet is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to communicate now. It turns bad when you realize that you can do anything exclusively for a community. Internet does globalize the information. If we would do anything for Romania (bk note: like play a new song), the day after would be in Australia.

For the 3rd time in romania, after 1995 and 1998 (bk note: well it was 1997 actually)

We won’t play any new track in Bucarest, the album will be ready next year and we want it to be fresh. But we promise and explosive gig for the people in Bucarest….
I’m sorry I don’t have the time to visit this country, I would love to but there isn’t much time for see this place.

http://www.expres.ro/article.php?artid=310059

Last edited by BRAINKILLER on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:22 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 938Location: France, ParisJoined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:41 am
Thanks for that Brainkiller

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:27 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 49Location: RussiaJoined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:41 am
BRAINKILLER wrote:
... more to follow

no, thanks :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:32 pm
User avatarHot ChickHot ChickPosts: 1943Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 pm
thnks :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1007Location: Atomic WastelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 am
THX :!:

thre's no much maxim interviews so every one is like a gold

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Who came up with the questions? One of the worst interviews I've read in ages. Politics, Television, Lenses, "true lyrics" in dance music? LOL.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Thanks for this Brainkiller. It was a good read !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1956Location: sitting on cloudsJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:37 am
"For the 3rd time in romania, after 1995 and 1998 (bk note: well it was 1997 actually)"
well, this thing with 1998 i see it too in some more related aricles :?
"We won’t play any new track in Bucarest, the album will be ready next year and we want it to be fresh."
no comment...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
well looks like maxim doesnt want to play the new shit :cry: but hey thanks BK

Last edited by Cogglesz on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:12 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 364Location: SlovakiaJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:10 pm
thanks 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2141Location: Czech RepublicJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:18 pm
thank you BK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:44 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 611Location: IrelandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:13 pm
Cool thanks for the interview.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:25 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1265Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm
Good Interview Thanks. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:34 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 508Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:40 pm
ChemicaL wrote:
Who came up with the questions? One of the worst interviews I've read in ages. Politics, Television, Lenses, "true lyrics" in dance music? LOL.

It's a daily newspaper, not a music magazine. Anyway, what's wrong in asking Maxim questions about politics or "true lyrics"?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:25 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
CANARIS wrote:
ChemicaL wrote:

It's a daily newspaper, not a music magazine. Anyway, what's wrong in asking Maxim questions about politics or "true lyrics"?

Prodigy were never a political band. The lyrics are not really the focal point of Liam's music and hardly make a lot of sense, they're more of an extension to the music. Obviously, you do not agree with my point of view but I find the entire interview extremely random and just put together for the sake of it. A child could've made a better interview, that's whats wrong with it.

Offline Profile