<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Night Is My Friend EP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:54 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Quote:
Awol fuck ya'll shoot ya wi tha sugarbawl

Official lyrics according to Paul Jackson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:06 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
No cassette came yet (I didn't order CDs and the store dispatched the cassettes at 30th, so you'd think I should already have it...), and I won't be able to get it from the post office for the next week or two, even if it comes (due to circumstances nobody would care about)... so yeah, I downloaded it and ruined my first listening experience again :D

GYFO - solid edit, even if Liam didn't change a lot, it's for the better. Also, the track grew on me since TDIME release a lot, I think I cared about the blatant sample reuse a bit too much.

AWOL - it's a really good version of the Beat Jam, and treated as such it's badass. However, I wish we get a proper AWOL release as Strike Two... doesn't matter if Bratislava or regular live one, I loved both. I can understand the mixed feelings, but imagine we never heard the live version... everyone would be going nuts over how dark, raw and in your face this track is. And I don't understand what's the problem with vocals for the most of you, Keith doesn't sound "gay" to me.

RB (edit) - I dunno, strange edit but it's fine after a few listens. Still, compared to GYFO EQ, it's useless to have it on the EP (but of course it's normal for an EP/single release to have shorter edits, as others pointed out, it happened in the band's history before)

Rene LaVice remix - great remix.

Caspa remix - I dunno, I'm neutral to this one. Thumbs up for sampling Maxim.

and as a side note to AWOL's confirmed Jackson's lyrics - seems like he tried to top Keith's "heartattack" line from WoD, in some sort of lyrics stupidity contest :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:26 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
How safe is official store's packaging? If they send the cardsleeve CD only in a soft bubble envelope, then the CD case will be totally damaged.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
triggernuclear wrote:
How safe is official store's packaging? If they send the cardsleeve CD only in a soft bubble envelope, then the CD case will be totally damaged.

I've always had bad experiences with the official store, nothing has ever gone smoothly.
The best was when my Warriors Dance vinyl/CD shipping box arrived on my doorstep unsealed and open with the make your own cigarette men postcards missing except for one stuck to the glue to seal the box.

Or the time they sent the IMD boxset to my old address that wasn't even attached to my account when I did the order, for some reason their system wasn't updated on their end while my account was up to date on my end.

They fucked up so many times, literally 3 orders in a row out of only 3 orders, that they gave me 20 pounds off coupon for all of their mistakes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:19 pm
NEOREV wrote:
triggernuclear wrote:

I've always had bad experiences with the official store, nothing has ever gone smoothly.
The best was when my Warriors Dance vinyl/CD shipping box arrived on my doorstep unsealed and open with the make your own cigarette men postcards missing except for one stuck to the glue to seal the box.

Or the time they sent the IMD boxset to my old address that wasn't even attached to my account when I did the order, for some reason their system wasn't updated on their end while my account was up to date on my end.

They fucked up so many times, literally 3 orders in a row out of only 3 orders, that they gave me 20 pounds off coupon for all of their mistakes.

Oh my. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
my turned up in a decent package dispatched last thursday arrived friday

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Quote:

Officially the most non-sense lyrics from a Prodigy song, but they sound very good in the track :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:38 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Plain_John wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Quote:

Officially the most non-sense lyrics from a Prodigy song, but they sound very good in the track :lol:

Yes, it seems they really outdid themselves in the silly lyrics department for the TDIME era. Makes me wonder if they don't do it on purpose at this point. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Very simple explanation...a soldier left the camp without paperwork/permission to fuck his gf for 2 hours.A jelouse cunt who anxiously jerks off alone in the barrack toilets,reported him and he was declared AWOL.

Next morning at breakfast he threatens everybody to throw to them his sugarbowl (his mama gave him,yeah the one with the bees and flies) cause he does not know who reported him.

Guys you are blind or something? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:35 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Life got in the way the past two months so I missed this completely!

Fight: meh - remains a lukewarm track. Passable but more or less the same as the album version. 6

AWOL: Love how angry it is, pure aggression. Not terribly fond of the beat - bit too close to Wall of Death in that sense. The feel of it is very close to WoD too, but it just about gets away with it. The highlight of this EP. 7

RB: Remains the garbage it always was. 0

RR: Not a bad remix actually - not incredible, and not a patch on the epic original, but as remixes go it's decent. 6

Enemy: It's ok - a little bit all over the place in pacing and slightly muddy. 6

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Quote:

Quote:
@SirensKiller
It's from a track o mine, bout street life on Flatbush

Might be in here, no time to check atm....
https://soundcloud.com/jackson-star

http://www.jackson1.tv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
I just got the cassette and cd from Amazon... I ordered the two copies after reading that message on here about there being 9 cassettes left. I also preordered the stuff from the official store, but that lot hasn't arrived yet. Goes to show that Amazon is your real friend when ordering stuff online.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:44 pm
Finally my CD arrived in good condition! But it's a shame that it's just a bare papercase without any protective cellophane. Very poor release. The cassette is the real deal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:53 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 32Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:48 am
triggernuclear wrote:
Finally my CD arrived in good condition! But it's a shame that it's just a bare papercase without any protective cellophane. Very poor release. The cassette is the real deal.

When did they send it to you? Mine is sent on 04.08.2015 and I still hasn't received it :/ From UK to Poland... I hope that they didn't loose it...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:09 pm
Apo wrote:
triggernuclear wrote:

When did they send it to you? Mine is sent on 04.08.2015 and I still hasn't received it :/ From UK to Poland... I hope that they didn't loose it...

They sent it to me on 08.04.