<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New releases speculation/chat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Amazon f'd up and leaked the tracklisting?
http://www.nme.com/news/music/trainspot ... ed-1941500

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:46 am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
So, a new Prodigy remix this month. Woo!

I bet it's going to be more of a cover than a remix, but this is only based on the short instagram clip.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:35 am
Mowgli wrote:

I bet it's going to be more of a cover than a remix, but this is only based on the short instagram clip.

I'm expecting something more along the line with what Liam did with South Central's The Day I Die. More of a reworking than a full on remix. Honestly, I prefer Liam's version of The Day I Die. So cover, rework, remix, whatever I am in. Definitely interested in hearing Liam's tribute to Iggy Pop and such an iconic track.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Mowgli wrote:

I'm expecting something more along the line with what Liam did with South Central's The Day I Die. More of a reworking than a full on remix. Honestly, I prefer Liam's version of The Day I Die. So cover, rework, remix, whatever I am in. Definitely interested in hearing Liam's tribute to Iggy Pop and such an iconic track.

It is an iconic track, but they couldn't use the same vertion for a sequel, it would be just a sad repeat of the first film. But at the same time they would be killed by fans if they would not include it. So they needed an upgrade and that's when Liam walks in.

Danny Boyle knows Liam from the 2012 Summer Olympics, when he was directing opening ceremony. I remember reading an article or an interview. They were talking about how Danny wanted to use Firestarter for a segment and Liam and Keith came in to talk it out and co-produce it. I think Danny was figuring out how to use Lust For Life for the film and phoned Liam up and said "oi fancy a remix?"

Also the movie looks amazing, not a dry sequel but rather a decent one. Can't wait.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:19 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
untitled6 wrote:

Danny Boyle knows Liam from the 2012 Summer Olympics, when he was directing opening ceremony.

Don't forget No S*******s for The Beach (2000)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:59 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Harbinger wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

Danny Boyle knows Liam from the 2012 Summer Olympics, when he was directing opening ceremony.

Don't forget No S*******s for The Beach (2000)

Did this automatically get censored? :rofl:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
No Souvenirs

[edit] nope :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:07 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
No S*******s should totally get autocensored, just for fun :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
Heard the Trainspotting Trailer with the Lust for life remix on the telebox not long ago. Sounds good, though you don't hear much more than the snippet from the Instagram video. Still expecting to be a bit let down by this remix, but hope Im wrong. If its as good the remix for Foofighters I'll be happy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:23 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
man it's been long since liam gave us any signs he's writing new music, instagram or smth ... i guess that Iggy Pop tune was done long ago.
guess it's unrealistic we'll get anything new before festival season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 510Location: New York CityJoined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 pm
Time to start realizing these guys are 45 yrs old, have families, and past their prime? Don't expect much, I think they've given us what they can.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
It's weird though - well... a shame really. I think it's close to the end and maybe there's never going to be more albums, but from what I heard on The Day Is My Enemy they have a lot more in them - but like so much other stuff from this band - it will probably never come out.

I hope we'll have some good years with great concert experiences for a long time still.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

#thisisnotatoy