<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New releases speculation/chat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:16 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 256Location: PolandJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 am
Nightmare wrote:
Maybe something that will make my return to The Prodigy

The real true fan 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
It's fine that you don't like The Prodigy any more.

Still love them but do not like their new music, tour, era etc. They lost my attention: tracklist, videos search after every gig by night etc.

James Jupiter wrote:
It's your opinion. You say it in every post so believe me everyone knows what you think.

Maybe not in every post (six months prodge threads absence) but... ok.

James Jupiter wrote:
You plainly don't enjoy what they do any more.

Bingo but love Destroy, like Rebel Radio and Wall Of Death and hmm... Beyond.

James Jupiter wrote:
You should move on and spend your time more productively on something you do enjoy.

I do.

Ok, end of this little offtopic chat.

New remix / track sound promising. Little bit of my attention is back ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:57 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Nightmare wrote:
[Still love them but do not like their new music, tour, era etc. They lost my attention: tracklist, videos search after every gig by night etc.

Not even hearing "Lightning" did it for ya?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:06 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Nightmare wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
It's your opinion. You say it in every post so believe me everyone knows what you think.

Maybe not in every post (six months prodge threads absence) but... ok.

That post was obviously directed at Kenny who does exactly what James is talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:10 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
[Still love them but do not like their new music, tour, era etc. They lost my attention: tracklist, videos search after every gig by night etc.

Not even hearing "Lightning" did it for ya?

;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:33 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Maxim has contributed to this here

http://castaniergallery.com/news/my-son ... -the-album

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:04 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
tanx james jupiter,you're right i should move on,its hard to let go when they were so life changing for me but glad you've said that.i'll move on to metz,ex hex and the garden try them out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:46 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
It's nice to listen to shitass crap quality YouTube recordings again... thought it's gonna take 6 years for Liam to start releasing and playing new shit. EPs were a nice idea after all.

Does anyone think of Laydown/The Day when hearing Night's My Friend intro? The idea is pretty similar, and seems much more complete this time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:45 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
sado1 wrote:
Does anyone think of Laydown/The Day when hearing Night's My Friend intro? The idea is pretty similar, and seems much more complete this time.

Yup , I noticed that too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Most of my friends who were nuts about the band have moved on since the FOTL-AONO gap and the unpopular BGAT.
As for me,except from the Prodigy and some songs from the Chems and the Depeche,i rarely listen to anything else.
80% of the music i hear is from the band.The rest is from random 100+ old songs i have on my laptop and my cds and 3-4 new songs that i might like every year.I do not do it as an attitude.I just do not like anything else lol.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:40 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Most of my friends who were nuts about the band have moved on since the FOTL-AONO gap and the unpopular BGAT.
As for me,except from the Prodigy and some songs from the Chems and the Depeche,i rarely listen to anything else.
80% of the music i hear is from the band.The rest is from random 100+ old songs i have on my laptop and my cds and 3-4 new songs that i might like every year.I do not do it as an attitude.I just do not like anything else lol.

Sounds similar to me.

I'm dying to discover something else, music as strong and significant for me, but I've been disappointed so many times that I've stopped hoping.

Makes the gaps between albums all the more painful. Go EPs!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
gcx wrote:

Sounds similar to me.

I'm dying to discover something else, music as strong and significant for me, but I've been disappointed so many times that I've stopped hoping.

Makes the gaps between albums all the more painful. Go EPs!!!

:slayer:

had high hopes with Crystal Method when they released "vegas" (1997) but everything that followed was mediocre.
same with the Chems after "surrender" (1999),none of their albums was amazing to keep me.
I loved Leftfield especially after "Rhythm and Stealth"(1999) but it took them 16 damn years for a 3rd album lol.
Same with the Underworld,last good album was the Beaucoup Fish (1999).
As for Daft ... after their amazing first album they sound like pop dance remixes to me.

So there is nothing else for me except our band.Even IMD that i do not like at all was incredible to my ears compared with everything else till TDIME got out.Although each year i notice 2-3 songs that i really like ,when i "investigate" for more material of those bands there is nothing good enough to keep me stuck and interested.

conclusion? I NEED BETTER NEW TRACKS ON THE UPCOMNG EP's OR I MIGHT HURT SOMEBODY TONIGHT!!! :bitch:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:15 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
there's so much good music out there
i'm always searching for new music
most stuff i just find on my own through the many download sites i peruse
i download shit without any idea to what they sound like
i'll just look at genres sometimes and grab a ton of music
then i go through and listen and delete the stuff that doesn't do it for me
but with that, i've found a ton of artists that i love
i got about 5TBs worth of music spanning multiple hard drives

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:39 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
gcx wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

Sounds similar to me.

And here.

I like so little music from artists...it's crazy.

I like Prodigy for the vibe and impact.
Some pieces from Mike Oldfield.
The Chem's album: surrender
Some beethoven pieces
some pieces by philip glass

the music from the games: little big adventure/relentless/twinsen's odyssee
Final fantast 7
chrono trigger.

yeah that's it. Sad huh

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:49 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
The only other band I follow regularly is Senser. For those who don't know, LH seems to like them too because he's sampled them a few times (most noticeably on RWTT).

So the TDIME remix is called Night My Friend on the setlist...? Difficult name considering there's an EP with that name, and it's not on it. Good luck with that clusterfuck Liam. :-D

Sounds massive though. Can't wait to hear the full version! It sounds different enough to have been a new track, I wonder why he made it a remix. Maybe he couldn't find a better chorus...?