<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New releases speculation/chat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:07 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
NEOREV wrote:
hyperspeed wrote:

I think this is one of the most promising things that I've heard from Liam in a while.
Finally glad he brought the funk back.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:48 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
We're getting a taster of the vocal version today. I'm guessing that same old sean will be on it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:29 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
New EP in the works?

Good old Liam might just be keeping his promises once again, after all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:59 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
We're getting a taster of the vocal version today. I'm guessing that same old sean will be on it.

how do you know`?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:05 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
toX wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

how do you know`?

comment on the last Instagram clip

https://instagram.com/p/9gf_0iLM_K/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:31 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 186Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
It would be nice if there was Maxim on vocals. Sort of the same treatment as Girls had when turning into More Girls.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:43 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
gava wrote:
toX wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

how do you know`?

comment on the last Instagram clip

https://instagram.com/p/9gf_0iLM_K/

nice, can't wait.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
cool riff..creepy and funky 8-) me likey

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:04 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
everything OK but Poison beats and I like it - let it be

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Seems like all he did was sample the snare and kick from the original break sampled in Poison
Kinda like how he chopped up the Schooly D break in Medicine that has shown up in Prodigy songs before
No cared about the reuse of a beat in Medicine, it's a breakbeat it's what producers do
Don't really see the big deal with using bits of the sample, a huge chunk of the time DnB used the same breaks
He definitely chopped/rearranged it
I quite like what I hear so far and even with my love for TDIME I had a much more positive reaction hearing this
I felt like, "Wow, Liam can be getting back into his groove"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Those Roadblox remixes have a different cover in iTunes...

Perhaps we'll be getting a real Roadblox single with this cover...

Curious why iTunes have a different cover compared to everyone else

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:54 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:16 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
The latest album was bangers after bangers but missed the funk. Glad Liam is still able to give a fresh spin to tracks like this, seems like an interesting collaboration.

We know he can still do hip-hop production with a Prodigy touch since he's been doing tracks for K Flay and Same Old Sean. I'm kinda missing tracks like Molotov Bitch and The Trick, those are great instrumentals but could work with raps as well.

Let's see how this new thing turns out, sounds like he's having fun based on these snippets!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:03 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Wonder who's the collab with. Seemed sure that it'd be Same Old Sean, but it doesn't sound similar to the snippet that he shared before; people on fb/insta seem to believe it's Dope D.O.D. and while I don't know them too much, it might be it from how it sounds like...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:25 am
sado1 wrote:
Wonder who's the collab with. Seemed sure that it'd be Same Old Sean, but it doesn't sound similar to the snippet that he shared before; people on fb/insta seem to believe it's Dope D.O.D. and while I don't know them too much, it might be it from how it sounds like...

My thoughts exactly.

I wonder if this will get a physical or free download release.