<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New releases speculation/chat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:58 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
I think we need this topic, since it doesn't make sense to post new stuff in the TDIME one, and we know we ain't getting a new album so we can't speculate about it again :) All new stuff that might come - new songs, remixes etc., which might end up on an upcoming EP; stuff produced for other artists by Liam.

I'll start with a repost of Same Old Sean's Instagram post that was mentioned in another topic, probably done by Liam (just hear it), but most likely for a Same Old Sean release.
https://instagram.com/p/8gHBY5FjfC/

And something that was mentioned earlier as well, however now we got a longer, 1 minute snip of Medicine (South Central remix)
https://www.facebook.com/southcentral/v ... 689168425/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:01 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
It's just my opinion: South Central's remix of Medicine 'coming soon', Martin James' book postponed. I guess something may happen around Xmas time. TDIME deluxe edition maybe?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
i think we'll get a new EP rather than a deluxe TDIME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Probably a new EP, march-april 2016, that is if they want to keep the TDIME ball rolling.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:22 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
and dont forget that Laim mentioned about EITP (MK Mix) through social media...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:10 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
It would make sense to release a new EP in time for the UK tour. For one thing it would act as promotion for the gigs (most artists make more money from gigs than music sales these days) and it will have also been around 4 months since the release of 'The Night Is My Friend' EP.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
It would make sense to release a new EP in time for the UK tour. For one thing it would act as promotion for the gigs (most artists make more money from gigs than music sales these days) and it will have also been around 4 months since the release of 'The Night Is My Friend' EP.

That's what I was thinking (and hoping) as well.
Would definitely be a great opportunity to sell them at the upcoming tour.
Liam did say something like "releasing one EP while having the next one ready to go shortly after."
Plus Liam posted that vid about the MK version of EITP and South Central posted a clip of their Medicine Remix saying "Coming soon"
I feel something is brewing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:09 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
NEOREV wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

That's what I was thinking (and hoping) as well.
Would definitely be a great opportunity to sell them at the upcoming tour.
Liam did say something like "releasing one EP while having the next one ready to go shortly after."
Plus Liam posted that vid about the MK version of EITP and South Central posted a clip of their Medicine Remix saying "Coming soon"
I feel something is brewing.

Also, pretty sure he mentioned that we could expect something new by the end of the year in one of the interviews, can't recall which one it was tho.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:42 pm
toX wrote:
Also, pretty sure he mentioned that we could expect something new by the end of the year in one of the interviews, can't recall which one it was tho.

He did say something about that.
That they had something planned, but I wasn't sure if he meant a new EP or the Public Enemy co-tour.
I guess it depends on when the interview was... was it before the announcement of the Public Enemy tour or not.
If it was already known and Liam said that, then yeah I'd expect he means another EP.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:22 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
'Back in the day' The Prodigy would go on tour off the back of a single/EP. 'The Poison Tour' in 1995 for example. They've easily have enough tracks for another EP: -
An album track remixed by Liam.
South Central remix of 'Medicine'
Future Funk Squad remix of 'Destroy' (if it was officially requested)
A b-side or two from 'Jetfighter', 'Dogbite' or any number of unreleased tracks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:37 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 103Location: dublinJoined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:18 pm
also theres the Paula Temple remix of Roadblox (+ the instrumental) that was released on R&S Records for download last week, maybe we'll get that on a new EP??

https://youtu.be/2IQHJgUI9V4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:12 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:42 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
hyperspeed wrote:

tdime poisonous rmx? :-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:39 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
Recreated sample from Jamiroquai's Deeper Underground? Or at least it sounds very similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUAC03YMlA

(from 0:53)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:15 pm
hyperspeed wrote:

I think this is one of the most promising things that I've heard from Liam in a while.
Finally glad he brought the funk back.