<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy Expanded Edition

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:10 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:25 am
This Japanese site says single LP and has a completely different tracklist to the one we've seen: -
http://bignothing.blog88.fc2.com/blog-entry-13070.html

It's out in 10 days and we still haven't had official confirmation of the tracklist and if it's single or double vinyl. Hurry up!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Based on the track running times I think it'll be double LP
You can only get 22 minutes in decent quality on one side of a record
And the tracklists suggest longer than that
So 3 tracks each side and 2 on the last side of record 2
Unless the tracks have been cropped

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:15 pm
The Japanese site posted the information on 12/03/2022.
The track list they posted must have come from somewhere. I can't imagine they made it up.

Quote:
(Side A)
1. The Day Is My Enemy (Liam H Remix)
2. Nasty (Spor Remix)
3. Rebel Radio (René LaVice's Start a Fucking Riot Remix)
4. Ibiza (Instrumental)
5. Wild Frontier (Killsonik Remix)
6. Rhythm Bomb (NGHTMRE Remix) – feat. Flux Pavilion
(Side B)
1. Roadblox (The Jaguar Skills Ninja Terminator Remix)
2. Get Your Fight On (Re Eq)
3. Medicine (South Central Remix)
4. Awol (Strike One)
5. The Day Is My Enemy (Bad Company UK Remix)
6. Shut 'Em Up (The Prodigy vs Public Enemy vs Manfred Mann)

It's strange that it's taking this long to get full details about the album.

In this video you can see the spine of the record and it seems to be as wide as a double LP (compare it to the 'Handsome Boy Modelling School' double LP it's next to).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1513440530071527428

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:20 am
This site says single vinyl: -
https://www.pandvrecords.co.uk/product/ ... pril-2022/

At least you can zoom in and read the label on this photo.
https://twitter.com/Crash_Records/statu ... FHafA&s=19

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:33 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
James Jupiter wrote:
The Japanese site posted the information on 12/03/2022.
The track list they posted must have come from somewhere. I can't imagine they made it up.

Quote:
(Side A)
1. The Day Is My Enemy (Liam H Remix)
2. Nasty (Spor Remix)
3. Rebel Radio (René LaVice's Start a Fucking Riot Remix)
4. Ibiza (Instrumental)
5. Wild Frontier (Killsonik Remix)
6. Rhythm Bomb (NGHTMRE Remix) – feat. Flux Pavilion
(Side B)
1. Roadblox (The Jaguar Skills Ninja Terminator Remix)
2. Get Your Fight On (Re Eq)
3. Medicine (South Central Remix)
4. Awol (Strike One)
5. The Day Is My Enemy (Bad Company UK Remix)
6. Shut 'Em Up (The Prodigy vs Public Enemy vs Manfred Mann)

It's strange that it's taking this long to get full details about the album.

In this video you can see the spine of the record and it seems to be as wide as a double LP (compare it to the 'Handsome Boy Modelling School' double LP it's next to).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1513440530071527428

So according to this list, the only track that was never released in a physical format is Rhythm Bomb (Nghtmre Remix), isn't it?

Lazy release in my opinion, nothing new or unheard and the tracklist is quite random.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:33 pm
Only that Japanese site has that track list so I assume it isn't correct. All the UK sites with a track list is the 10 tracks including the 'Invisible Sun' remix.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:34 am
It seems that it is only a single LP as someone has updated Discogs with the side A and B track list -
https://www.discogs.com/release/2285620 ... emix-Album

5 tracks per side of vinyl isn't ideal from a sound quality perspective. That's the only time a Prodigy album hasn't been on at least double LP. £25+ for a single vinyl LP is expensive.

I'll still be getting it but I'd have preferred double vinyl and swap one of the 2 'Wild Frontier' remixes for 'Nasty (Spor remix)'. Lose 'AWOL (Strike One)' if space was an issue as that was on 'The Night is my Friend' EP.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
Lazy release in my opinion, nothing new or unheard and the tracklist is quite random.

There's a new remix by Liam of Invisible sun and he did a remaster of The Day Is My Enemy (Feat. Dope D.O.D. - Liam H Remix) for this release.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:38 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Wishful thinking ON: would be cool if that 0,00001% chance of Liam finally using the 'got to keep the sunlight out' riff becomes a reality with that Invisible Sun remix. Though i don't really see how it goes with any of the original tracks' elements unless he completely revamps the track as a whole.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
It seems that it is only a single LP as someone has updated Discogs with the side A and B track list -
https://www.discogs.com/release/2285620 ... emix-Album

5 tracks per side of vinyl isn't ideal from a sound quality perspective. That's the only time a Prodigy album hasn't been on at least double LP. £25+ for a single vinyl LP is expensive.

I'll still be getting it but I'd have preferred double vinyl and swap one of the 2 'Wild Frontier' remixes for 'Nasty (Spor remix)'. Lose 'AWOL (Strike One)' if space was an issue as that was on 'The Night is my Friend' EP.

Slide record shop on twitter have confirmed to me it's single vinyl release

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:39 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
when will this lp be released?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:28 am
I rang a record shop to get them to check off the actual LP. It is single vinyl and the tracklist is the one which includes "Invisible Sun" (Liam H Heat Up Remix). The shop's own website lists the same tracklist as that Japanese website, that's why I rang them to check. I wonder where that "wrong" tracklist came from?

According to one shop website, the LPs are numbered. There is no download code with the album.

Last edited by James Jupiter on Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:32 am
jonyintheplace wrote:

Saturday 23rd April is Record Store Day. This release is only available in store from independent record shops. If there is any stock remaining it will be sold online by those independent record shops from 8pm on Friday 29th of April.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:03 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

Saturday 23rd April is Record Store Day. This release is only available in store from independent record shops. If there is any stock remaining it will be sold online by those independent record shops from 8pm on Friday 29th of April.

Thank you. I'll ring my local record shop tomorrow (there are only a few left these days...) and check if they have a copy for sale. I guess its price will be around 25-30 euros.

Offline Profile