<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy Expanded Edition

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
Got my copy this morning. Tried 2 shops in Walsall, first store I went to had sold out in about 10 mins after opening. 2nd shop had 4 copies left when I got there. Bought only one as I didn't want to take the piss and give someone else a chance, price was £29. Went back to pick up something else about 20 mins later, they'd all gone.

Already silly prices on eBay. If you want one, give it a week and prices might be a bit more normal as the mad rush dies down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:49 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
Whats the new Invisible Sun remix like?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:21 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
'Invisible Sun' remix is 3 minutes long. Liam uploaded (then quickly removed) clips of the remix to Instagram in 2016.

The album credits confirm the 'Wild Frontier (Jesse and the Wolf Remix)' was by James Rushent (I'm pretty sure that detail wasn't listed on the CD credits).

First 2 shops I went to had sold out of copies (that was at about 8:30am). I was starting to worry but the 3rd shop still had 2 copies left. It cost me £26.99.

Last edited by James Jupiter on Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
climbatize88 wrote:
"only 3000 copies" lol thats a LOT of copies, they will sell it forever. 3 years ago RSD Champions of Londons release had 1k copies and its still available.

I guess it´s more .... Today I was able to purchase 10 copies here in Berlin (only one record store)
Paid 28€

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:26 pm
Flachcracker wrote:
climbatize88 wrote:
"only 3000 copies" lol thats a LOT of copies, they will sell it forever. 3 years ago RSD Champions of Londons release had 1k copies and its still available.

I guess it´s more .... Today I was able to purchase 10 copies here in Berlin (only one record store)
Paid 28€

You bought 10 copies!?!

In the UK shops seem to be strictly following the Record Store Day rule of "1 copy per person and only available to buy in store (online sales of any remaining RSD stock allowed from the 29th of April)".

In mainland Europe some shops have been allowing online purchases and sending out the orders before RSD.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:27 pm
By the way, the actual tracklist order is: -

Side A 33rpm
The Day Is My Enemy (Feat. Dope D.O.D. - Liam H Remix Re-Master)
Rebel Radio (René LaVice's Start a Fucking Riot Remix)
Wild Frontier (KillSonik Remix)
Invisible Sun (Liam H Heat Up Remix)
Roadblox (The Jaguar Skills Ninja Terminator Remix)

Side B 33rpm
The Day Is My Enemy (Chris Avantgarde Remix)
AWOL (Strike One)
Wild Frontier (Jessie And The Wolf Remix)
Medicine (South Central Remix)
Shut ‘Em Up – The Prodigy Vs Public Enemy Vs Manfred Mann

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:04 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
Is there a digital copy/download code within?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:32 pm
hyperspeed wrote:
Is there a digital copy/download code within?

No.

James Jupiter wrote:
According to one shop website, the LPs are numbered.

The LPs are not numbered.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
Definitely not numbered.

As an aside, there was another Prodigy related release that some may not be aware of. :bringit: :bringit:

Jesus Jones' 'Scratched' has 'The Prodigy versus Jesus Jones Mix' of Zeroes and Ones on the 2nd disc, which is a lovely yellow and blue double 12''.
https://www.discogs.com/release/2297876 ... ks-Remixes

There seems to be a glaring error with it though, on the cover it says 'Unreleased rare tracks and remixes'. My CD single from 1993 must be 'unreleased' then :rofl:

Bit pricey buying a special edition for one tune that's been around for ever, but I didn't spend loads at RSD this time around, so bought it anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:15 pm
jetsonik112 wrote:
Definitely not numbered.

As an aside, there was another Prodigy related release that some may not be aware of. :bringit: :bringit:

Jesus Jones' 'Scratched' has 'The Prodigy versus Jesus Jones Mix' of Zeroes and Ones on the 2nd disc, which is a lovely yellow and blue double 12''.
https://www.discogs.com/release/2297876 ... ks-Remixes

There seems to be a glaring error with it though, on the cover it says 'Unreleased rare tracks and remixes'. My CD single from 1993 must be 'unreleased' then :rofl:

Bit pricey buying a special edition for one tune that's been around for ever, but I didn't spend loads at RSD this time around, so bought it anyway.

Jesus Jones (or their record company) love The Prodigy remix. They've included it on at least 5 different releases (including 2 different RSD releases).
https://www.discogs.com/search?q=Zeroes ... 9&type=all

It's a shame some other artists Liam has remixed don't treat their Prodigy remix with the same reverence (e.g. Jay-Z, Foo Fighters, etc not giving a proper release to their remix).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Flachcracker wrote:
climbatize88 wrote:

Paid 28€

You bought 10 copies!?!

In the UK shops seem to be strictly following the Record Store Day rule of "1 copy per person and only available to buy in store (online sales of any remaining RSD stock allowed from the 29th of April)".

In mainland Europe some shops have been allowing online purchases and sending out the orders before RSD.

no, i only bought one copy. Everyone should have the chance to purchase a copy. I'm not keen on profit.
Incidentally, the regulations also apply here: Only 1 copy per customer and not online

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:26 pm
You confused me by posting "Today I was able to purchase 10 copies here in Berlin".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:32 am
GruntGruntPosts: 41Location: Outside the InsideJoined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm
Where can i listen to Invisible Sun (Liam H Heat Up Remix) ?? Its not on youtube or anything. can someone please share a link

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:05 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 108Location: Landgraaf - The NetherlandsJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm
shadow wrote:
Where can i listen to Invisible Sun (Liam H Heat Up Remix) ?? Its not on youtube or anything. can someone please share a link

Same here.. Would love to hear it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:26 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Offline Profile