<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Fat of The Land reissue?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:28 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Looks like it's happening! Someone got their hands on a new blue vinyl

Thanks to Kristina from Facebook for the pics.

Looks like it was mailed early by accident, she got it from here :

https://www.fnac.com/a14961639/Prodigy- ... nyle-album

FNAC is where we first got the NT tracklist.

Anyways, this blue vinyl has the standard album on it. I'm pretty sure that the CD and digital versions will have those bonus remixes we've been hearing of.

Edit:
The website says that it's a FNAC exclusive release. So, maybe that's it without extras. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
It was released september 11th according to discogs

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3819Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I remember when Underworld's Beaucoup Fish reissue was delayed until summer of 2017, but the vinyl edition mistakenly showed up in some shops many months ahead of its release. Initially, the reissue showed up in some online stores with a late 2016 release date. But the date came and went with no official announcement from the band and orders were never fulfilled by the online shops. I imagine they delayed the Beaucoup Fish reissue to give some space from their brand new album at the time Barbara Barbara We Face A Shining Future, which came out in 2016. I'm guessing through some distribution error, the Beaucoup Fish showed up in some physical shops ahead of its new delayed release date. They were spotted by fans who suddenly noticed freshly pressed, brand new copies of the 1999 release showing up. When they looked closely, they saw the credits that it was mastered at Abbey Road, which is where Underworld were doing their album remasters. The 2016 online orders were never fulfilled and links removed. Finally, in mid 2017, the official announcement of the Beaucoup Fish reissue arrived and was released in August 2017. For some lucky fans, they had the remastered vinyl several months ahead of the official release. I wonder if this FOTl reissue is a one off or perhaps mistakenly distributed and was part of the 30th anniversary celebration that may have been postponed due to Keith's passing and the pandemic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3819Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Looking at the Discogs notes, it seems this vinyl is cut from the same as this one back in 2006...

https://www.discogs.com/Prodigy-The-Fat ... se/1553943

Leaving me to believe this may just be a one off reissue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:41 am
GruntGruntPosts: 41Location: Outside the InsideJoined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm
''Track durations of C3 and D1 are different to the CD version, because the last 2 minutes of "Narayan" on the CD are the first 2 minutes of "Firestarter" on the LP version. The audio content is exactly the same''

Hmmm thats interesting

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:28 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
shadow wrote:
''Track durations of C3 and D1 are different to the CD version, because the last 2 minutes of "Narayan" on the CD are the first 2 minutes of "Firestarter" on the LP version. The audio content is exactly the same''

Hmmm thats interesting

That's exactly the same as it was on the original vinyl version of 'The Fat Of The Land' released in 1997. The last 2 minutes of "Narayan" (the break beat jam) were played as a live interlude track. I can't remember for certain but, I think it was played live before TFOTL was released, maybe in 1996.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:25 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
shadow wrote:

Hmmm thats interesting

That's exactly the same as it was on the original vinyl version of 'The Fat Of The Land' released in 1997. The last 2 minutes of "Narayan" (the break beat jam) were played as a live interlude track. I can't remember for certain but, I think it was played live before TFOTL was released, maybe in 1996.

It's been rumoured to be called either Edward or Firedrill.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:43 am
GruntGruntPosts: 24Location: BulgariaJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am
From what I understood from a friend in France who bought it for me it is available in store only and original price is 27.40 EUR but you can get it for 22.00 EUR if you have FNAC members card. Somewhere I read that it is available in Paris only but that's not true - mine was bought in Marseille. Good thing is that on the web site you can check in which store exactly it is available.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:51 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
sks2002 wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
shadow wrote:

Hmmm thats interesting

That's interesting.
Anyone knows if there's any live recording of that around?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:47 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Ekko wrote:
sks2002 wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

That's interesting.
Anyone knows if there's any live recording of that around?

https://youtu.be/7iyJc_fuHzM

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
sks2002 wrote:

Never heard those names. On most live rips its named as "Narayan Beats" or "Do it like this" (I know its fan name based on Maxim's lyrics).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:03 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
sks2002 wrote:

Thanks!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
Any idea how to order a copy to the UK? The address form drop down on FNACs website doesn't have the UK, Great Britain or any other variant!! Surely not a consequence of Brexit!?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:35 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
jetsonik112 wrote:
Any idea how to order a copy to the UK? The address form drop down on FNACs website doesn't have the UK, Great Britain or any other variant!! Surely not a consequence of Brexit!?

I know a few UK folks who got it but had a tough time finding the UK on the website. Try Google chrome

https://www.fnac.com/a14961639/Prodigy- ... nyle-album

My copy is on the way btw, from someone in France.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:40 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
jetsonik112 wrote:

Select "Royaume-Uni" from the list.
It's United Kingdom in French.

Thanks for the share @Electronic_Punk!

RIP KEEF
Offline Profile