<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Rhythm Bomb 25/3/2015

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
JUST GOT THE OFFICIAL EMAIL!!!! HELL YEAAAHH THIS SONG IS AMAZING ITS LIKE WARRIORS DANCE MEETS THUNDER!!!!! LUV ITTTT!!!!! :Firestarter: :evilflame:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:52 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 241Location: Athens, GRJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:28 am
Love it too!
I like the build-up and the vocal sample is so catchy and so Prodigy-like.
One of the top 5 in the album for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Yeah, I dig this song
Definitely should be a single, it has crossover appeal
I can see it getting them out to a bigger audience with the dance scene

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:08 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
Its good but its too relentless. It desperately needs a mid section breakdown.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Rodigy wrote:

Don't take this as an attack on you. I just think electronic music has become so standardized and formula-based that anything that doesn't do what's expected or goes against the norm is held against it. I'm happy Liam stepped away from "here's the big build up" or "here comes the drop" and just wrote tracks the way he wanted. I think this album is Liam's middle finger to formula-based music. If it doesn't fit with this exact sound or production style or song structure, it's held against the artist. As The Chemical Brothers would say, "Don't think. Just let it flow."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:39 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
NEOREV wrote:
Rodigy wrote:

Don't take this as an attack on you. I just think electronic music has become so standardized and formula-based that anything that doesn't do what's expected or goes against the norm is held against it. I'm happy Liam stepped away from "here's the big build up" or "here comes the drop" and just wrote tracks the way he wanted. I think this album is Liam's middle finger to formula-based music. If it doesn't fit with this exact sound or production style or song structure, it's held against the artist. As The Chemical Brothers would say, "Don't think. Just let it flow."

I understand where you're coming from dude. Maybe I have been conditioned to the formula way, maybe I haven't.
I still think the song needs a break in the middle, and to not do it just to avoid being formulatic would be a bit silly, I'm sure he wouldn't have done that but who knows.

We'll probably get a remix or two that do it anyway so we can see how it sounds then.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:12 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 732Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:19 am
I love it too, first time I listened to it, hooked me up!
:Firestarter: :Firestarter:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
This is one of the few songs of the new album that I hate: Rhythm Bomb, Get your fight on. Then I'm not 100% convinced by Medicine, which is anyway good.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:46 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
ME NO LIKE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:40 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
ME LIKE MUCH. it's clearly a crossover between Warriors Dance and Thunder, but gotta' say that it excites me helluva lot more then than WF and Thunda, I mean the vocal sample is just so sexy it "makes a ninja wanna fuck". massive beat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Rickyoto wrote:
JUST GOT THE OFFICIAL EMAIL!!!!

The Prodigy mailing list seems to be very erratic when it comes to sending emails to people. I had an email about "Wall of Death" and "Wild Frontier" but not about this. I never even got an email about the UK tour.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:49 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
My last email was about Wild Frontier. They need to sort it out.

What bits are Liams & Flux Pavilions on this one?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:53 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
The drum beats saves this track. I love them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1225Location: Lisbon, PortugalJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:39 am
Excellent choice for a single although I think Rebel Radio should definitely be a single!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
FinalX wrote:
Excellent choice for a single although I think Rebel Radio should definitely be a single!

Agree on both. And adding that rebel radio should have been the first single instead of nasty.