<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation Art Print

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:29 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 510Location: New York CityJoined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 pm
if anyone grabbed two, and is willing to resell at a reasonable price, I'm willing to buy?

Don't have time in life to wake up at 4AM for this though

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
prodigalOne wrote:
fuck me, wish they held some for US fans

How much were they, just curious?

Quote:
The Prodigy announce the launch of an exclusive limited edition print taken from the original artwork inside the album gatefold of Music for The Jilted Generation with two versions available
- the original double gatefold size 24” x 12’’ limited editions to just 300 on original album size Art Paper
- and 50 on the larger Art Card, the prints recreate the iconic centre artwork for the first time ever

Made in partnership with world famous Coriander Print Studios London (http://www.corianderstudio.co.uk/) the UKs oldest screenprint studios, making all prints by Damien Hirst, Tracy Emin, Sir Peter Blake

Art Paper print:
16 colour hand separated silkscreen with protective glaze on Somerset Satin Tub Sized 410gsm paper
Image size 30.5cm x 61cm
Paper size 41.8cm x 71cm
Edition of 300
Hand Signed by Keith, Maxim and Liam
Hand Numbered
Stamped
Letter of authenticity
£125

Artcard Screen Print
Silkscreen on primed 1.9 micron archival Meridian high density board
Image size 61cm x 122cm
Board size 78.6 x 137.3
Edition of 50
Hand Signed by Keith, Maxim and Liam
Hand Numbered
Screenprinted Pearlescent ink logo
Letter of authenticity
£225

Large one was shipped flat so very expensive overseas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:55 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Large one cost £70 to ship in Europe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Both sizes are Sold Out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:17 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I got a free copy of this poster when I bought the 'Music for the Jilted Generation' album in HMV on release day back in 1994. How times have changed!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
IMO waaaaaay too expensive

I also expected a price between 40 - 60 pounds !

Dunno why this was sold out so quick ? I mean, some years ago people moaning about the price of the heavy signed limited IMD book, but this is JUST a poster .... :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:29 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Some due bought 50 of the large one so he can sell it for quadruple the price.
I do wish they made it 1 per person to avoid resellers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:56 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1014Location: SpainJoined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:01 am
Flachcracker wrote:
som years ago people moaning about the price of the heavy signed limited IMD book, but this is JUST a poster .... :cry:

+1

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:34 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Some due bought 50 of the large one so he can sell it for quadruple the price.
I do wish they made it 1 per person to avoid resellers.

Good job band management. What the fuck is this, it is the most obvious thing somebody would do, surely it doesn't take much brains to think about it before it happens...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:16 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
You COULD buy more than 1 if you wanted to.

Apart from that, i know at least 5 people who bought the large one for themselves.

Some will pop up on eBay etc eventually in the future, it always happens with old prints from time to time.

RIP KEEF
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:54 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
I've decided to take my work back underground... I will print this art on my own ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:55 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
lakow wrote:
I've decided to take my work back underground... I will print this art on my own ;)

To stop the cash flowing into the wrong hands? xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:54 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
sado1 wrote:
lakow wrote:

To stop the cash flowing into the wrong hands? xD

exactly ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:49 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
James Jupiter wrote:
I got a free copy of this poster when I bought the 'Music for the Jilted Generation' album in HMV on release day back in 1994. How times have changed!

This release is a silkscreen print on heavyweight paper.

Silkscreen prints, are usually hand pulled, so price for these prints is not THAT high, if you consider the work that is required to be done, in order to create it.

RIP KEEF
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:00 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
June wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

This release is a silkscreen print on heavyweight paper.

Silkscreen prints, are usually hand pulled, so price for these prints is not THAT high, if you consider the work that is required to be done, in order to create it.

I'm sure it is good quality, but actually selling all these limited edition fine art prints just shows how times have changed.

When people said they wanted to be able to buy this picture again I bet they didn't have a £150+ price in mind. I'm fine with Liam and Maxim being into art but why not also sell a normal paper poster for a cheap price?

Offline Profile