Author Message

<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Liam: There's something else we're putting out in 2019

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:41 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 301Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
First off, fantastic interview between Scroobius Pip and Liam on Distraction Pieces. Must listen. It ends with this:

    "We always know what we're gonna do six months in advance, and next year there's also gonna be something else we're gonna be putting out. That's all I can say. I'm gonna play you a couple of tracks in a minute actually."
Sounds like that bus has got a return ticket. :evilflame:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Well, Martin said in the dj mag that Liam wanted to release EP not LP, and wrote a track with Dizzee Rascal but then he decided to shelve that and make an actual album.

Second, Liam said in Steve Lamaque interview also that he wanted to release two 3 tracks EP. So the first track he wrote for that EP was fight fire with fire with Horror. That one make the cut into the album.

Also, we know that LH was in studio and recorded with Dizzee, Ragga Twins, Shahin Badaar.

My thoughts on this is, EP with few tracks, No tourists expanded with remixes or some b-sides. or dirtchamber pt2. Liam twice time mentioned that one.

We will see. Hope for full on 2019 for the band.



_________________
No tourists no ride is free, No tourists no sight to see!!!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:59 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 483Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Hope to hear the "pure fire", "rave heroes" and "true pirates" songs on it hopefully. If those songs exists.



_________________
Ride on the edge!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6336Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Prodigal Son wrote:

Second, Liam said in Steve Lamaque interview also that he wanted to release two 3 tracks EP. So the first track he wrote for that EP was fight fire with fire with Horror. That one make the cut into the album.



Was mentioned that FFWF was a remix for Ho99o9's album and Liam swiped it for his own album.



_________________
Is This Room Slightly Slanted ?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:09 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 507Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:40 pm
hyperspeed wrote:
    "We always know what we're gonna do six months in advance, and next year there's also gonna be something else we're gonna be putting out. That's all I can say. I'm gonna play you a couple of tracks in a minute actually."
Sounds like that bus has got a return ticket.


It is a known fact that Liam never lies. Ever.



_________________
I have no time for lies or fantasy, and neither should you. Enjoy or die. (Johnny Rotten)
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2840Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
I assumed this was dirtchamber 2? Didnt he say in another interview recently that he'd got a few tunes together for it so far?



_________________
We Live Forever
Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:01 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1421Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I think it will be the collaborations (Ragga Twins, Dizzee Rascal, Shahin Badar, etc?) that didn't make 'No Tourists'. Maybe Liam decided they were good but didn't fit the album? He played a couple of tracks to Scroobius Pip (off air) and he wouldn't have said "We always know what we're gonna do six months in advance, and next year there's also gonna be something else we're gonna be putting out. That's all I can say. I'm gonna play you a couple of tracks in a minute actually." if he was just going to play him someone else's tracks that he had in mind for a DJ mix album.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1913Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
What about the firestarter remix that got removed off youtube ?
Could that be something to do with it ?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:40 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1421Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
dirt wrote:
What about the firestarter remix that got removed off youtube ?
Could that be something to do with it ?


Could be. I hope it gets a release as it's annoying when you know a track exists but never gets released. The Shahin Badar vocals were for a "special remix project" so maybe the collaborations are on reworked old Prodigy tracks? Time will tell. Just nice to hear we're getting something else next year too (unless Liam changes his mind).


Last edited by James Jupiter on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4051Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
dirt wrote:
What about the firestarter remix that got removed off youtube ?
Could that be something to do with it ?


Could be. I hope it gets a release as it's annoying when you know a track exists but never gets released. The Shahin Badar vocals were for a "special remix project" so maybe the collaborations are over reworked old Prodigy tracks? Time will tell. Just nice to hear we're getting something else next year too (unless Liam changes his mind).


Shahin Badar answered a fan on Facebook on said that her song with The Prodigy is for 'the next prodigy album


Image



_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:55 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 168Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 pm
just don't tell me it's another Best Of

but I think it's exactly that

https://mixmag.net/read/the-prodigy-on- ... -soon-news


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:54 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1421Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Shahin Badar answered a fan on Facebook on said that her song with The Prodigy is for 'the next prodigy album


It probably was at the time but then Liam changed his mind.

w0rlds0nf1r3 wrote:
just don't tell me it's another Best Of

but I think it's exactly that

https://mixmag.net/read/the-prodigy-on- ... -soon-news


I doubt it would be another 'best of'. XL Recordings had to twist Liam's arm to get him to do the last one.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:16 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 863Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
just posted this in the interviews thread...my money is on there being a cross collab/covers style album..so producers like Andy C (for example) rework a track, liam also gets involved, it gets released as like...the prodigy vs.. whoever kinda thing

things seem to be looking that way for me anyway based on the noises coming out of different people online and what we have already heard from that Andy C thing a few months ago



_________________
www.supersonicarmy.com
www.facebook.com/thesupersonicarmy
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2212Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Dirtchamber Sessions Volume 2!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tonedeaf.t ... vol-2/amp/



_________________
Har du hørt en lærke gø?
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3698Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Lectro wrote:
Dirtchamber Sessions Volume 2!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tonedeaf.t ... vol-2/amp/


Liam said he never confirmed this on Instagram. So don't hold your breathe. Tonedeaf seems to be sensationalizing a quote of Liam's to make headlines.



_________________
WE'RE ALL DOOMED!
Offline Profile WWW

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC
Page 1 of 2
25 posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Users browsing this forum: ChemicaL and 1 guest
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum