<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:28 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
trust me, "resonate" sounds much better than in the youtube recordings.
everybody who was there will agree.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
it's definetely unfinished. maybe he's trying to get ideas how to finishit it playing it live. basically a loop right now.
as much i can hear vocals, they are pretty cool.
raw with heavy beats.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
The beats and the vocals are interesting but besides that, there is nothing else that is special.
It kinda reminds me of AWOL/AWOL-Jam demos.

I think it has very similar weaknesses and less potential..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:17 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
I just thought of a crazy theory: what if Resonate is a TDIME left over that will never get released and he's only playing it because he doesn't want to play anything from the new album and of course because fans are hungry for anything :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
I just thought of a crazy theory: what if Resonate is a TDIME left over that will never get released and he's only playing it because he doesn't want to play anything from the new album and of course because fans are hungry for anything :P

I love that theory :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:26 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

I haven’t listened to Resonate in decent quality yet but if Maxim never shouts something along the lines of “This is the new shit.” then you just might be right. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:41 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
ChemicaL wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

I haven’t listened to Resonate in decent quality yet but if Maxim never shouts something along the lines of “This is the new shit.” then you just might be right. :)

He didn't say anything about it being new in Munich indeed...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

that's a good theory Nas, I did though of it at some point after I heard the rec.

I hope for a better rec of the tune but from the ones we have I do like the beat and I believe what Kingdom said.

I guess Brixton will unlock some of the secrets.

cheers,
g

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:24 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Hah. Knowing Liam I wouldn't be surprised even if it was a Jilted leftover that nobody heard yet. He loves to recycle.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

If I remember correctly, Liam said on reddit Q&A that apart from AWOL he used everything up for TDIME and there is no leftovers left. Title track was a leftover from IMD.

Nice theory but I believe Resonate is a brand new idea.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

If I remember correctly, Liam said on reddit Q&A that apart from AWOL he used everything up for TDIME and there is no leftovers left. Title track was a leftover from IMD.

Nice theory but I believe Resonate is a brand new idea.

Hmmm on a Twitter Q&A he said that they recorded 16-17 tracks for TDIME. He always says different things.
Attachments:
Screenshot_20171211-134355.jpg
Screenshot_20171211-134355.jpg [ 247.14 KiB | Viewed 2353 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Quote:
He always says different things.

indeed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I will try to give a first impression of this provisory new live track and most of you already know that I'm always very critical about new prodigy stuff by a first hearing (but this is normal):
compared to other past "new" trax, Resonate sounds not bad at all, but as most of you said, it still lacks of something in the structure (and then in the length) and some melodic parts. However it already took place in my mind, especially the guitar main riff and the stabby synth of the "chorus" so to say.
It still needs to be worked on, but I think that Liam already has a more complete version, that maybe he wants to arrange more, I guess. This could be a bit what happened to Get Your Fight On, but I could be wrong.
Resonate has a late '90s sound, especially in the guitar main riff, that reminds me a bit the track by the Lunatic Calm "Leave You Behind". This aspect is for some aspects good, but for some others nothing exciting and I think that the final version will be much better than this one (not only for its length :lol: ).
What differentiates the sound is in my opinion the dubstep beat, which define a much more "nowadays" sound.
Anyway those are just first impressions taken in different ways.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Has any new material leaked in 2400-bit flac yet?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:33 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
gcx wrote:
How is this a dubstep beat? I'm not hearing the same thing.

People just tend to throw the term around when the beat pattern is more half-time-ish. That's about the only thing that Resonate has in common with the said subgenre. One kick placed somewhere in between and it would sound like an "oldskool rave" style beat.

Some interesting theories you guys have by the way, I hadn't thought Resonate could be a leftover beat. Either way I agree not seeing this being a new single or anything like that, not even close. But based on the Ragga Twins / Brother Culture (can't really say which because of the distortion) vocals I'd lean to this being still some new stuff that's not yet finished.

Offline Profile