<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
I hear what you guys are saying but I do go back to TDIME every now and then, really depends on the mood, it's that simple.

Even though the industry is saturated, there's always room for innovation. They don't even have to innovate that much. They just have to not play it safe, that's all.

I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:42 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
I can partially agree with Nightmare.
I always expect something new from Liam. TDIME was only better version of IMD but you can't write that this is weak album.
Even Rythm Bomb has something special (this is mix of hardcore techno, trance and rave).
I hope that Liam had clear mind lately and changed direction and we will not get IMD ver 3.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Invisible son was something diffirent also. As for the second part of the prodigy lps AONO was most creative of all. Now after a few year past since TDIME I must say that Im still listening to it more than IMD. I think Liam could pull another aono type album (collabs, samples) Also I want Keith and Maxim on it but dont want their vocals to be overused.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Yeah vocals... This is another part that makes me upset about latest album. Compare vocals for example from Breathe, Firestarter, Babys Got A Temper or even Warning and Run With The Wolves with Wild Frontier. Great wild, raw, mad and punky vocals versus light, pop-ish vocals.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:51 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Because for me Jilted was the masterpiece that got me on board the Prodigy train, every album since has been an agonising wait followed by a slight disappointment (yes, even with Fat). Not that I think any album has been bad, and I am always grateful even for an 'average' Prodigy album. You just have to learn to get used to the idea that your musical heroes are unlikely to hit the glory days in terms of musical freshness and innovation again. Then if they do surprise you with some amazing sounds you are all the more delighted.

I hope to hear more of the subtleties of the earlier albums, the funk and the groove. Those little details in tracks that put a smile on your face. Even though Prodigy sounds have always had a hard edge, it's only been recently that Liam has insisted on "bash them round the head" with almost every minute of every track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:36 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Yeah vocals... This is another part that makes me upset about latest album. Compare vocals for example from Breathe, Firestarter, Babys Got A Temper or even Warning and Run With The Wolves with Wild Frontier. Great wild, raw, mad and punky vocals versus light, pop-ish vocals.

Yeah I agree with almost everything you've said about TDIME. I don't get what other people are saying about the current state of music meaning Liam can't write anything original or interesting. I think if anything its just because they are so focused on playing live now, TDIME were all simple head bangers that work at the gigs, which doesn't necessarily equate to well a written interesting studio album as it had no subtlety to it whatsoever.

It does seem promising that at least with this album coming out so soon the tracks won't be so overworked that they have no soul or intrigue to them left.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:44 pm
Nice talk disturbed by Electronic_Punk® because he must show in what age he is. Very mature, high-class joke.

Ok, nevermind. Lets back to the discussion about upcoming things by The Prodigy.

dirtyRotter wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Yeah I agree with almost everything you've said about TDIME. I don't get what other people are saying about the current state of music meaning Liam can't write anything original or interesting. I think if anything its just because they are so focused on playing live now, TDIME were all simple head bangers that work at the gigs, which doesn't necessarily equate to well a written interesting studio album as it had no subtlety to it whatsoever.

It does seem promising that at least with this album coming out so soon the tracks won't be so overworked that they have no soul or intrigue to them left.

Glad that someone agrees with me. You're right. Fingers crossed for the new album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
ExCiZieR wrote:

But lets be real, nowadays I think there is not much "room" for innovation, for the new sound, like he did in the past. So much more people, more ideas out there. Its harder for our ears to be blown away.

So in my opinion, don't expect something that will blow your head. You will be disappointed again.

:bow:

I think that's a load of bollocks.

There's still loads of room to come out with something that sounds fresh. Liam's ability to make something sound fresh wasn't about creating a completely new sound, none of their albums have done that. Liam is generally excellent at taking a bunch of sounds and influences and combining them to create a unique sound.

I think IMD and TMDI were both solid records, but rather than take inspiration from outwith the Prodigy, they created a couple of albums that seemed to take influences from their own music. Almost like a pastiche of themselves.

In that regard, I think they've played it safe with the last couple of records. AONO was really the last time Liam made something that was completely fresh.

Let's wait and see what they come up with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Fifer wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
ExCiZieR wrote:

But lets be real, nowadays I think there is not much "room" for innovation, for the new sound, like he did in the past. So much more people, more ideas out there. Its harder for our ears to be blown away.

So in my opinion, don't expect something that will blow your head. You will be disappointed again.

There's still loads of room to come out with something that sounds fresh. Liam's ability to make something sound fresh wasn't about creating a completely new sound, none of their albums have done that. Liam is generally excellent at taking a bunch of sounds and influences and combining them to create a unique sound.

I think IMD and TMDI were both solid records, but rather than take inspiration from outwith the Prodigy, they created a couple of albums that seemed to take influences from their own music. Almost like a pastiche of themselves.

In that regard, I think they've played it safe with the last couple of records. AONO was really the last time Liam made something that was completely fresh.

agree!!

Liam's best work was done behind samplers. now it's record everything while jamming with synths.. and edit later.

but sampling isn't as easy as it was in the 90s. legally and now everything is based on money.

i think it's hard for him to find good sample sources. it's no point to sample old music and vocals what was case in the 90s.

i just hope they tone down aggression they had with TDIME.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Can you guys go to OPINIONS section and post something there about your throughs about previous albums and what you want from future prodigy releases? Don't see the point of floating this topic with opinions about previous releases.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:57 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Fifer wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
ExCiZieR wrote:

Totally agree. :bow:

He's been hinting Old skool and Acid for the upcoming direction.
Attachments:
theprodigysarcasm-1506437739695.jpg
theprodigysarcasm-1506437739695.jpg [ 182.93 KiB | Viewed 3046 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:38 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
UN wrote:
Can you guys go to OPINIONS section and post something there about your throughs about previous albums and what you want from future prodigy releases? Don't see the point of floating this topic with opinions about previous releases.

This. It's a thread about the new album but some people spend all their time posting about previous albums. Whether someone likes or dislikes the previous albums is irrelevant. We'll get what we're given. Liam produces the music he wants. If you like it then good, if you don't then go and spend your time listening to something you do like.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 pm
Liam said same thing before The Day Is My Enemy. Bullshit like dark, raw, oldskool etc. But for example he said ravy, fast and melodic before Invaders Must Die and that was correct. Anyway I will take it with a grain of salt.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Liam said same thing before The Day Is My Enemy. Bullshit like dark, raw, oldskool etc. But for example he said ravy, fast and melodic before Invaders Must Die and that was correct. Anyway I will take it with a grain of salt.

He also said more melodic about IMD which was true.
About TDIME he mostly said 'Violent'.