<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:31 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
I dunno why but I have a feeling that it will be untitled, only ant logo, that's all.

Like Orbital did with their first two albums.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
kenjah wrote:
I dunno why but I have a feeling that it will be untitled, only ant logo, that's all.

Like Orbital did with their first two albums.

Maybe they will hire good designer now because everything from TDIME era incl. cover was terrible. Hope Alex Jenkins will return or creative studio called Intro.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
:bigthumb:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Fifer wrote:
:bigthumb:

Whow, whow. Hold on there. Don't be so over enthusiastic. :rofl:

Last edited by Elsewhere on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:46 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Elsewhere wrote:
On video interview with cordy theprodigy.ru Liam sayd he has 6 tracks he's messing around, 4-5 good ones. And that was 3 months ago. I guess from that time period it was only progress, no touching recycle bin. But everyting can be delayed. Lets just cross our fingers.

The first pic posted by The Ragga Twins from Liam's studio had them standing in front of his whiteboard with what looked like 8 track names/ideas written on it. Was quickly deleted :lol: (but not quick enough) :twisted:

Do you still have the pic?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
Boudewijn wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Elsewhere wrote:
On video interview with cordy theprodigy.ru Liam sayd he has 6 tracks he's messing around, 4-5 good ones. And that was 3 months ago. I guess from that time period it was only progress, no touching recycle bin. But everyting can be delayed. Lets just cross our fingers.

The first pic posted by The Ragga Twins from Liam's studio had them standing in front of his whiteboard with what looked like 8 track names/ideas written on it. Was quickly deleted :lol: (but not quick enough) :twisted:

Do you still have the pic?
Attachments:
19956893_1618306218189071_5272792248574304263_o.jpg
19956893_1618306218189071_5272792248574304263_o.jpg [ 80.45 KiB | Viewed 4202 times ]

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:23 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 472Location: SK/HUJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm
EDM collapsed, Millionaire DJ-s on the decline, purfect time for new album

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
taking this with as little enthusiasm as possible knowing the lads for quite a while now :lol:
BUT nevertheless ... this news is exciting ! by the looks of it, seems confident enough to believe that something is happening

i really hope that this time Liam feels a lot more relaxed and free and releases something thats not overpolished and overlooked. with the success they had before 2000 , liam's become very paranoid and idealistic on the music they release which mostly looking back now has made the releases rather worse than better. there's a lot of examples (aono v2, first warning, awol strike one, worlds on fire, the day is my enemy etc - the day had tons of more groove, even if it was unfinished and simple). i really hope since this has done quite quickly (by the looks of it), that what we get are the first and most honest versions of the tracks he's made not superoverpolished ones that almost always makes the track loose its original groove and soul.

i hope there's a lot more raw beats in the who the fuk is eddy, destroy, memphis bells demo, benny blanco etc... category. they dont need to write hits. they dont need to write mostly vocal tracks. they dont need chart success. they need the original, raw to the core, in your face prodigy material that they're known for.

bring it on. we hear ya :guns:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
awesome news

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:56 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
Maybe the album is more or less done? Single out late this year then album early new year? It's not like the old days when a few singles would be released before an album. Now the single comes out shortly before the album now.

Time will tell. They didn't always take ages between albums. 'Experience' to 'Jilted' were 2 years apart. 'Jilted' to 'TFOTL' were 3 years apart.

Probable collaborations are the Ragga Twins, Brother Culture and Shahin Badar. Sounds like Killer.b Olly Burden might have some involvement too.

Just speculating but I think Shahin Badar being in the studio was more to do with Engine Earz possible remix of SMBU.

Shahin Badar said she'd let Liam announce the news about what she was doing. Now Liam's announced a new album. I'd assume she was on a new track rather than a remix of SMBU.

Just checked. "Yes, just got back from recording for my Prodigy boys! YES. I think you should wait for Liam to give you the news".

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =631693494

The facebook link quotes "special secret remix project". Hopefully we aren't getting over excited for a remix album :(

... But amazing news if it's a new studio album. Like someone else said, it will be great to hear undiluted fresh tracks that haven't been toured and tweaked around with for years. :guns:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Gajwan wrote:

The facebook link quotes "special secret remix project". Hopefully we aren't getting over excited for a remix album :(

... But amazing news if it's a new studio album.

Err...Hey man, read this https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/ ... album-2018

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:15 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
BMG wouldn't sign up The Prodigy and then do a press release announcing it only to release a remix album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Gajwan wrote:

... But amazing news if it's a new studio album.

Err...Hey man, read this https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/ ... album-2018

:oops:

My bad, sorry guys. Was too excited and skimmed through the post. Thanks for confirming it's a new album :bow:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
awesome news.
curious what the album will sound like. imagine liam actually bringing ACID back, prodigy-style?!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:51 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
An actual album early next year is definitely plausible. The Baby's Got a Temper and AWOL eras show that Liam doesn't actually spend multiple years working on tracks but rather tends to scrap ideas right before they could be released as finished tracks. If Liam wasn't so worried about having his music labeled as trash we'd likely have far more music from the band at this point, they'd be more well known to this generation, and the band would have a better feel for what works and what doesn't.

Offline Profile