<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:31 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 141Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:08 am
he is on vacation

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:28 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
So, now that we're nearing half of February, does it officially mean that there's no new album 'early 2018' as promised? :P :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
He never promises he said. So...
Also... trying to be Liam, early might be June 30th , its in the first half of the year!!!
Sigh...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 141Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:08 am
New tune added to the E.P blessed with additional noize from Liam Howlett!

https://soundcloud.com/karl-gordon-6983 ... x-feb-2018

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Aren't they touring March? If the album ain't done by then, I don't see them getting it out in time for summer. We'll be lucky to get a single by end of June. If this Russia tour is the same thing as the UK one, that is not promising. Plus there's still about a three month period leading up to an official album release to get physical items pressed up in time for its release date and promo. Isn't Record Store Day in April? That also causes huge delays in getting vinyl pressed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
As long as i get to see them this year and they play a couple of new tunes Im happy to wait for a new album release. That no diggity tunes prety solid, best side project Liams done for a long time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
Looks like Renegade Cinema will be shooting again the video from the forthcoming Russian tour:

"Renegade Cinema Proudly declares that on a long-standing and warm tradition, we will be working again with the The Prodigy group on upcoming Moscow performances - this will be our 8TH AND 9th account joint concert with legends."

https://www.facebook.com/RenCinemaRUS/? ... 8IYh0HWBVA

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:42 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
nasty.rebel wrote:
he is on vacation

:surprised:

I joke, I joke, I kid, I kid.

Back today so let's hear something...news or a tune, don't mind.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 am
GruntGruntPosts: 32Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:56 am
NEOREV wrote:
Plus there's still about a three month period leading up to an official album release to get physical items pressed up in time for its release date and promo..

It's silly to suggest it takes 3 months launch an album (maybe for the arts and crafts bullshit that's been fed to us between albums) . It's 2018 people shit don't take that long

We will be spammed to death on social media when it's ready

Should have stuck with ep's

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
I hope I'm wrong, but knowing Prodigy, I'm pretty sure that olbum won't be released this year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:16 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Guest01 wrote:
I hope I'm wrong, but knowing Prodigy, I'm pretty sure that olbum won't be released this year.

What album?

(There's another Tomb Raider this year, so no album.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:10 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 472Location: SK/HUJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm
Ekko wrote:
What album?

Greatest Hits with updated and re-recorded SMBU to reflect the values of today's society like respecting woman and things like that you know what i mean

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:49 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
@Harbinger,

Looks like the Engine Earz theory about producing the new album is bullshit lol

Just checked his Instagram, he's mixed/mastered other artists in the last couple of months.
(The speculation started because he said that he's mixing/mastering a very special album in January).

The only thing we know is that Shahin Badar recorded something Prodigy related in his studio.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
@Harbinger,

Looks like the Engine Earz theory about producing the new album is bullshit lol

Just checked his Instagram, he's mixed/mastered other artists in the last couple of months.
(The speculation started because he said that he's mixing/mastering a very special album in January).

The only thing we know is that Shahin Badar recorded something Prodigy related in his studio.

Twas a moment of madness, happens quite often :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:23 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
Not sure if this was posted.

The person who signed The Prodigy into BMG, Alexi Cory-Smith, left BMG UK at the end of 2017 (http://www.musicweek.com/publishing/read/alexi-cory-smith-out-at-bmg/070917). She mentions Liam and The Prodigy in her parting email:
Quote:
In my time we have signed so many great artists and song-writers including Bring Me The Horizon, Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders; Liam Howlett and The Prodigy, Steve Mac, Wayne Hector, Jamiroquai, Giggs, The National, Robbie Williams and The Rolling Stones - Messrs Jagger and Richards, specifically - twice.

Her replacement, Alistair Norbury, is taking over now (http://www.musicweek.com/publishing/read/alistair-norbury-to-lead-bmg-uk-s-repertoire-operation/071623). The Prodigy are also mentioned briefly in this article.

Maybe this turnaround is related to the album's delay. No one to pressure Liam :)

Offline Profile