<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Yeah...Nightnare dont be so pessimistic. I hated IMD but then TDIME came and it was amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:10 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Nightmare probably won't like the new album. He'll then spend the next few years reminding everyone of that fact in every post.

No need. I will be busy listening to magnificent albums by other artists ;)

I will not like the new album because I did not like the previous one? What a stupid way of thinking + plus three of fellas who agree with that.

SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Yeah...Nightnare dont be so pessimistic. I hated IMD but then TDIME came and it was amazing.

Im not... Just dont like TDIME era and hope next one will be not so bad, weak and forgettable. I do not want to be disappointed again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Nightmare wrote:
untitled6 wrote:
I assume it's gonna be a rather short album no? 8 - 9 tracks tops?

Why? They will release album in march / april to still a lot of time and as we know Liam now like to use stuff from old, unreleased tracks. But i prefer album with 8 good tracks than forgettable, mediocre album with 13 / 14 tracks. No bsides these days so for sure there will be deluxe version with bonus tracks or something. We will see...

I'm just speculating. He didn't have a lot of time to write a really long album and I doubt they would announce an album if it's not in it's final stades of production, so I can't imagine it would be more that 10 track album. I always wished The Prodigy just put out a shorter (8 - 9 tracks) album in 3 years that 10 + track album in 5 years. Just 8 really strong, wicked tunes. A punch in a face.

Also it may be a heavy electronic sounding album and the guitar will be absent this time around. That may be the very reason why Rob split. Considering Rob has some writing credit on TDIME and Liam didn't give him anything to do creatively on this one, or even used someone else for the guitar part, that may be the very reason they decided to part ways.

Again it's just a speculation, I may be very wrong. But this might be most interesting Liam's work in years. I wonder how much Maxim and Keef are involved? Is it another AONO tipe of project? Can't wait for a new single and album next year to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:41 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Can't wait for a new single and album next year to find out.

Me too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
untitled6 wrote:
I assume it's gonna be a rather short album no? 8 - 9 tracks tops?

I'm just speculating. He didn't have a lot of time to write a really long album and I doubt they would announce an album if it's not in it's final stades of production, so I can't imagine it would be more that 10 track album. I always wished The Prodigy just put out a shorter (8 - 9 tracks) album in 3 years that 10 + track album in 5 years. Just 8 really strong, wicked tunes. A punch in a face.

Also it may be a heavy electronic sounding album and the guitar will be absent this time around. That may be the very reason why Rob split. Considering Rob has some writing credit on TDIME and Liam didn't give him anything to do creatively on this one, or even used someone else for the guitar part, that may be the very reason they decided to part ways.

Again it's just a speculation, I may be very wrong. But this might be most interesting Liam's work in years. I wonder how much Maxim and Keef are involved? Is it another AONO tipe of project? Can't wait for a new single and album next year to find out.

Liam was seen with Olly Burden in the studio right? Doesn't that mean that some guitar is involved?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:37 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
The latest 'Acid Rock' snippet has guitars on it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:15 pm
Nightmare wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

Im not... Just dont like TDIME era and hope next one will be not so bad, weak and forgettable. I do not want to be disappointed again.

We all understand what you are saying.You did not like TDIME,like i did not like IMD.Just stop posting about it all the time.
Its annoying.I see your avatar while scrolling and i know that somehow youll be posting and explaining why TDIME is bad.
Even if you are right about it just stop repeating yourself or put it on your signature.
You are a nice guy,nobody here has anything against you and i honestly believe that having guys like you on the site is a privilege.
But for the last 10 months or a year ,its like you had a stroke while having sex ,you are on a wheelchair and you keep shouting "oh...yeah... push it all in!" every 10 seconds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 76Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm
All albums make me wanna shout
All albums are dangerous to listen to in the car cuz I wanna crash everybody into the hospital

prodigy me baby! :dance:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
We all understand what you are saying.You did not like TDIME,like i did not like IMD.Just stop posting about it all the time.
Its annoying.I see your avatar while scrolling and i know that somehow youll be posting and explaining why TDIME is bad.
Even if you are right about it just stop repeating yourself or put it on your signature.
You are a nice guy,nobody here has anything against you and i honestly believe that having guys like you on the site is a privilege.
But for the last 10 months or a year ,its like you had a stroke while having sex ,you are on a wheelchair and you keep shouting "oh...yeah... push it all in!" every 10 seconds.

I think he is overreacting saying TDIME is "so bad"... I think he just wants a new Experience, a new Jilted or a new Fat. We all know this era has gone for good. Everyone has his style of taste on the tunes. I dont like AONO, and also like TDIME more than IMD in general, but I will never say its "so bad". Maybe cause im a fanboy whatever, but still 2-3 tunes even from this record are on my car playlist. I agree that someone repeating that oh this is so good or bad doesn't offer anything. I dont think Liam, even if he step in and read us sometimes, makes the tunes based on our comments. Lets be real, in the music industry, business industry in general, RAW NUMBERS say if something is good or bad. Numbers of sales, numbers of tickets sold etc.

Lets be optimistic, but also not overhyped, and expect something that everyone will like a bit here and there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

:rofl:

Ok, I will stop... just for a one day :lol:

UN wrote:

Gabba? Weird. Also Helicopter Techno was a working title from 90s. It will be awesome if Howlett will drop Gabba at Brixton

ExCiZieR wrote:
I think he just wants a new Experience, a new Jilted or a new Fat. We all know this era has gone for good.

Nah, i dont want second Experience, second Jilted and second Fat. But i want something more i dunno... more creative? But with little back to the broken beat / big beat or hip hop beats. He did a milestone for other artists in the 90s and now he is a copy paste. I dont want things like Wild Frontier which sounds like a "pop" song made by The Prodigy, dont want Rhtyhm Bomb which sounds like a common edm song, dont want Invisible Sun which sounds like a new Linkin Park song. Also i dont want a copy of old ideas like oh i will put Hospital beat to new track called Get Your Fight On, i will put some firestarter beats to the Rebel Radio and i will do drum n bass track because i can. I dont know what happend to him but he is not creative and his ideas are bad. Awol is a nice proof. Loved the first version and second from Bratislava but he fucked everything. I will mix all versions of awol into one and ohhh well we have a cacophonic, chaotic track. This is what makes me upset, I hope you understand me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:28 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
Nightmare wrote:
This is what makes me upset, I hope you understand me.

Yeah totally. And I agree about some copy/paste things you said he did. Also I agree about sometimes he "over-polish" the tunes, and some early live versions are better than the album ones.

But lets be real, nowadays I think there is not much "room" for innovation, for the new sound, like he did in the past. So much more people, more ideas out there. Its harder for our ears to be blown away.
Back in the day were very few creative artists that had the talent AND the equipment to make music. No PCs whatsoever. Now even me, a man without a single clue about creating music, I can put some programs on my PC, and in a few months maybe I ll upload some shity beats on soundcloud.

So in my opinion, don't expect something that will blow your head. You will be disappointed again.
I expect something like the last two records, with a twist. And to be honest I ll be ok if the new album is as good ( or bad :P ) as the last two.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 pm
Nightmare wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

:rofl:

Ok, I will stop... just for a one day :lol:

:)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:06 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:

But lets be real, nowadays I think there is not much "room" for innovation, for the new sound, like he did in the past. So much more people, more ideas out there. Its harder for our ears to be blown away.

So in my opinion, don't expect something that will blow your head. You will be disappointed again.

:bow:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:31 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 578Location: RomaniaJoined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 am
My 2 cents here. While I do love the fact that they decided to give us some more stuff and not just call it a day, I think some of you guys are living in the past somehow. What do you expect? For me, Liam's highest career point was when he wrote TFOTL. Everything after that was downfall, but not to say that it was bad, no. TDIME was a good album, I liked almost every track on it. But do I listen to its tracks like I do to this day with SMBU, Firestarter, etc.? Nope. They're pretty forgetable. That's not really Liam's fault, it's just how it is today with music. Like someone else said, there's very little room today to come up with something unique and fresh, like it was back in '97. So it really doesn't matter what they release, as long as it's a Prodigy thing. If I like even 1 track out of that album, I'll be happy.

https://www.facebook.com/b508tdt
Offline Profile