<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
What's more boring is you moaning in 99% of your posts then you cry when members start making fun of your negativity with memes.

I made it clear that all this people vs Nightmare bullshit has to stop and now you're starting shit by disrespecting me. Stick to the rules before you get warned. I didn't fuck with you, so you can atleast be respectful and talk in a respectful way.

Yeah, I really care about these memes, sure :lol:

Maybe too cruel and mean words by me. You're right, chill mate.

Harbinger wrote:

:rofl:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 am
GruntGruntPosts: 96Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:31 pm
It's all about personal opinions.In the end Liam will do whatever he wants to do without asking none of us.So...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
More excited by Boom Tap and Need Some 1 (first version) than Resonate, but all 3 are promising.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:09 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Can't say I'm feeling this Boom Tap much, and I definitely like the first version of New Beat more. Those are starting to sound more and more like tests of unfinished track.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and we get proper finished tracks soon. :-D

I have no doubt that they will sound awesome when finished though, I haven't been let down often by Master H (besides his "problem" with dates :roll: ).
The varierity of sounds and beats is nice, like always. It's promising, but it's always hard to tell from live snippets.

Like when they dropped Wall Of Death live, I listened to it so many times that when I heard the actual recording, I was like WTF. :shock:
It had more layers and sounded way more electronic than I thought. It was great either way though.

So we'll wait, which is what true Prodigy fans do best. :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:13 am
I only like 'Need Some 1' version 2. Im not excited about it but sounds promising.

Rest of the new stuff = garbage.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:18 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Nightmare wrote:
I only like 'Need Some 1' version 2. Im not excited about it but sounds promising.

Rest of the new stuff = garbage.

You lost your right to an opinion when you said:

Quote:
I prefer Maxim with good rap vocals like on Hells Kitchen or Fallen Angel

Disclaimer: This is in fact a joke, and do not really care about anyone's opinion. Except for Special Forces. Because he's Special.

:-D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 am
But what is wrong about this post? Good stands not for the lyrics but its about the style of Maxim vocals - compared to his "singing" in Wild Frontier. Hope its clear for You now :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:31 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
About the new track. Very interesting. Not bad at all. Loving that synth. Drum and bass. Like its not the prodigy. Liam is experimenting a lot. Thats good. He is getting out of his comfort zone. Resonate sounds like most finished track and most prodigy of them all. Need some 1 a hip hop beast in progress and boom tap like an answer to all the dubstep music around. Last two tracks are for sure gonna be different in studio versions. Resonate will probably be pretty much the same, maybe it will get the wof treatment.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:35 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 61Location: FranceJoined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm
Resonate, New Beat, Boom Tap... I realize that these are probably tests and that they are filthy recordings, but generally, I don't know what to think about Howlett's work anymore. Like loupnoir, I'm a Prodigy lover since 95, I love 95% / 100% of what is in the first 4 albums. I can't find anything that can match these 4 records.
I was blinded by their return in 2009, but today I find IMD very average. Even though WOF, TMTTH and Piranha are masterpieces, the rest is average or bad for me. Same with TDIME, 3 or 4 correct tracks. I was so excited by Unstoppable, Dead Ken Beats, Heatwave and Warning between 2004 and 2008... In my opinion, his best production in the last few years is We Hate Everyone with K.Flay; it's brutal, very rich and inspired.
I have this impression that he has nothing more to prove since a long time, that he is satisfied with the minimum. The only thing that comes to my mind is: lazy. Lazy ideas, lazy structures. He does what he wants, I'm not here to tell him what to do, it's obvious that it would be inappropriate and pretentious. But I cannot hide my disappointment, he is my hero since I was 15 years old.

I publish very few posts here, but I come to read you very often. Thank you all, by the way, I really like this community. And I specify that I don't want to be disrespectful to those who continue to believe in Howlett.

Cheers, Prodigy People.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:53 am
Nightmare wrote:
But what is wrong about this post? Good stands not for the lyrics but its about the style of Maxim vocals - compared to his "singing" in Wild Frontier. Hope its clear for You now :)

Yes, I know you're talking about the delivery, that's my point exactly. :wink:

Look, I don't want to trash talk Maxim because I repect the guy immensely (especially since he trolled my wife during a gig a couple of years ago), but those songs sound so wack it's painful to my ears.

I much prefer Wild Frontier, Omen, Colours or whatever else commercial-like track they might produce.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 am
Any thoughts of the release date of the first single?Any information?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:03 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
loupnoir wrote:

Nothing yet :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:07 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
loupnoir wrote:

Nothing yet :(

Maybe the single name is "later this year" :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Crystal Fist wrote:
I was so excited by Unstoppable, Dead Ken Beats, Heatwave and Warning between 2004 and 2008
I have this impression that he has nothing more to prove since a long time, that he is satisfied with the minimum.

thats the reason why we didnt get those tracks, overthinking. just release stuff. some will dislike, but thats life.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:19 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 61Location: FranceJoined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm
@UN: It was beautiful promises. But, yeah, I'm aware that we have to forget all that and move on.