<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:11 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
This forum has become a shell of its former self! Only the true fans that DONT BITCH are on Facebook....An that actually go to the gigs!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:23 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Rickyoto wrote:
This forum has become a shell of its former self! Only the true fans that DONT BITCH are on Facebook....An that actually go to the gigs!! :lol:

My discord has fans that don’t bitch, then and again it’s dead.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:43 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Rickyoto wrote:

That's not very true, I always see many negative comments on the prodigy's official page mostly people complaining about the sound and what they want to hear etc

Bitching is normal, it's impossible to have a %100 satisfied fans.

I noticed that people on Brainkiller are more hardcore and geeky than the one's on Facebook who mostly are fans of collectibles and memorabilia.

P.s. there are many fans from Brainkiller who attend gigs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:33 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 812Location: Illinois, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm
Why are people bitching? You're getting a new album at the quickest rate since the mid 90s.

I would only say I'm concerned. Why? Because over the past decade I've gotten A LOT closer to the music industry, mostly due to my job being smack dab in the media world. With that comes a little extra knowledge as to how things work. When you sign to a new label, that brings to your benefit cash. On their end, they'll want an album and within a certain time frame.

I just worry about Liam being rushed. My guess? This will be closer to the EP length Liam talked about in the past. I'd frankly be surprised if this is more than 10 tracks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:45 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Maybe Liam wrote an album then went looking for a new label to release it on?

I doubt he 'needs' the cash therefore won't have had money reasons for knocking out an album. I'd assume they make a lot more money from touring than they do from a new album these days.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:53 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
This period reminds me of pre-AONO (Version 2, 2004) where we had no idea what to expect because they hadn't previewed anything yet. During Fat Of The Land they played almost every track before the album release and 6 months before IMD dropped we heard WOF/WD/Run etc and the same with TDIME (AWOL/Rok-weiler/etc).

Exciting times are ahead of us!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
This period reminds me of pre-AONO (Version 2, 2004) where we had no idea what to expect because they hadn't previewed anything yet. During Fat Of The Land they played almost every track before the album release and 6 months before IMD dropped we heard WOF/WD/Run etc and the same with TDIME (AWOL/Rok-weiler/etc).

Invaders Must Die - Unstoppable / Mescaline, Warrior's Dance, World's On Fire, Beat 55, Invaders Must Die, Omen, Run With The Wolves, Take Me To The Hospital, Comanche. So eight full tracks plus Beat 55 before the release of the album.

The Day Is My Enemy - Awol (Two Versions + Awol Beat Jam), Dogbite (with little changes), Jetfighter, Eagle Break, The Day, Rockweiler (Three Versions), Get Your Fight On (First Version), New Beats. So six / seven full tracks plus fills etc.

Did I forget something?

And now there is nothing. Just one short instagram video. Excited a little bit because it is a kind of surprise but worried also.

Electronic_Punk® wrote:

I would like to think like you but nah.

I wonder if they will release first single before Brixton gigs or this will be more like live premiere. Maybe we will hear more tracks at the end of the year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:55 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Rickyoto wrote:

The Prodigy fan Facebook groups are the worst. It's just all one who's got the bigger dick contest and people's egos getting in the way.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:02 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Invaders Must Die - Unstoppable / Mescaline, Warrior's Dance, World's On Fire, Beat 55, Invaders Must Die, Omen, Run With The Wolves, Take Me To The Hospital, Comanche. So eight full tracks plus Beat 55 before the release of the album.

The Day Is My Enemy - Awol (Two Versions + Awol Beat Jam), Dogbite (with little changes), Jetfighter, Eagle Break, The Day, Rockweiler (Three Versions), Get Your Fight On (First Version), New Beats. So six / seven full tracks plus fills etc.

Did I forget something?

And now there is nothing. Just one short instagram video. Excited a little bit because it is a kind of surprise but worried also.

Electronic_Punk® wrote:

I would like to think like you but nah.

I wonder if they will release first single before Brixton gigs or this will be more like live premiere. Maybe we will hear more tracks at the end of the year.

Yes , you are right.

I also hope that we get a single before the UK shows.

Speaking of singles, I really hope that we get one single before the album drops and the rest after. I didn't like the format when we got Nasty/TDIME/Wild Frontier/Wall of death all before the album release, it killed the excitement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:48 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Speaking of singles, I really hope that we get one single before the album drops and the rest after. I didn't like the format when we got Nasty/TDIME/Wild Frontier/Wall of death all before the album release, it killed the excitement.

Hope not but many artists doing that - two or three tracks as an official audio, one video and no physical copy. I prefer old days formula - one single before the album with good video and physical release, especially on vinyl. But You now... YouTube / Facebook era.

Last edited by Nightmare on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:50 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 812Location: Illinois, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Maybe Liam wrote an album then went looking for a new label to release it on?

I doubt he 'needs' the cash therefore won't have had money reasons for knocking out an album. I'd assume they make a lot more money from touring than they do from a new album these days.

Oh no sorry I didn't mean to sound like Liam was begging for dough. My guess is Liam wanted better bargaining for live shows, in particular in the States. In trade, he likely had 6-8 tracks done and therefore promised an album for them by spring 2018. Im betting if that's the case, we're going to get a 10 track record.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:36 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 417Location: Prague, Czech RepublicJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:41 pm
Nightmare wrote:

Dont forget that short "jungle-ish" fill from Norway. That could have been a new album snippet as well.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 am
Adamicz wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Dont forget that short "jungle-ish" fill from Norway. That could have been a new album snippet as well.

Yes ur right

https://youtu.be/WwOaXkLNnc4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:23 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Adamicz wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Yes ur right

https://youtu.be/WwOaXkLNnc4

Somehow I missed that. Nothing special, sounds like Sister Nancy - Bam Bam. Somehow this thing reminds me about Mindfields live version with 'Should I Stay or Should I Go' part.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
i understand the scepticism. no matter what. i'm sooo looking forward to the album. :Firestarter:
glass half full here.

Offline Profile