Author Message

<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:55 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4201Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Maybe the album is more or less done? Single out late this year then album early new year? It's not like the old days when a few singles would be released before an album. Now the single comes out shortly before the album now.

Time will tell. They didn't always take ages between albums. 'Experience' to 'Jilted' were 2 years apart. 'Jilted' to 'TFOTL' were 3 years apart.

Probable collaborations are the Ragga Twins, Brother Culture and Shahin Badar.

And Dizzee Rascal



_________________
Breathe! If you believe, everything under the sun it was born to be free!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:56 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4201Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm


_________________
Breathe! If you believe, everything under the sun it was born to be free!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/ ... lbum-2018/
Quote:
BMG already publishes Liam Howlett’s entire song catalogue



_________________
Shit story isn't it?
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6413Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Yes!! :guns: Glad to have been right about an album in the works :Firestarter:

Wonder if there will still be a handful of UK dates at the end of the year, Brixton seems clear on 22nd/23rd Dec.



_________________
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6413Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
James Jupiter wrote:
Maybe the album is more or less done? Single out late this year then album early new year? It's not like the old days when a few singles would be released before an album. Now the single comes out shortly before the album now.

Time will tell. They didn't always take ages between albums. 'Experience' to 'Jilted' were 2 years apart. 'Jilted' to 'TFOTL' were 3 years apart.

Probable collaborations are the Ragga Twins, Brother Culture and Shahin Badar. Sounds like Killer.b Olly Burden might have some involvement too.


Just speculating but I think Shahin Badar being in the studio was more to do with Engine Earz possible remix of SMBU.



_________________
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:23 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1644Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Well that BMG story confirms the album is out early 2018 (March by the latest then?).


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 417Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
Stuie wrote:
https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/prodigy-sign-worldwide-deal-bmg-new-album-2018/

So this is true :)



_________________
Matrix, Star Wars New Hope, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Ancient Aliens, The X-Files
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1644Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Harbinger wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
Maybe the album is more or less done? Single out late this year then album early new year? It's not like the old days when a few singles would be released before an album. Now the single comes out shortly before the album now.

Time will tell. They didn't always take ages between albums. 'Experience' to 'Jilted' were 2 years apart. 'Jilted' to 'TFOTL' were 3 years apart.

Probable collaborations are the Ragga Twins, Brother Culture and Shahin Badar. Sounds like Killer.b Olly Burden might have some involvement too.


Just speculating but I think Shahin Badar being in the studio was more to do with Engine Earz possible remix of SMBU.


Shahin Badar said she'd let Liam announce the news about what she was doing. Now Liam's announced a new album. I'd assume she was on a new track rather than a remix of SMBU.

Just checked. "Yes, just got back from recording for my Prodigy boys! YES. I think you should wait for Liam to give you the news".

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =631693494


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1257Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
How many of us expected that bomb of news just before the end of 2017?
alright bout the single.. But a new album too...

Rufff!! :-D



_________________
http://www.glowkidmusic.blogspot.com
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6413Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
And Dizzee Rascal


:bigthumb:



_________________
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6413Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
James Jupiter wrote:

Shahin Badar said she'd let Liam announce the news about what she was doing. Now Liam's announced a new album. I'd assume she was on a new track rather than a remix of SMBU.

Just checked. "Yes, just got back from recording for my Prodigy boys! YES. I think you should wait for Liam to give you the news".

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =631693494


I did see that and you're probably correct but then this was posted day after, who knows?

https://www.facebook.com/njcmusic/photo ... 76/?type=3



_________________
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:32 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1644Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I'd forgotten about that. I guess we'll know in a few months.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1289Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Haha, was wondering if this place exploded yet. Very much surprised by this.

Great news tho. And the mentions of Shahin and Dizzee brings back good vibes.

Carry on!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:15 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Wow...! This is such a shock! I've been used to have to listen to their albums for at least 5 years.
A part of me still can't believe it. :shock:

Now we need to get the album name guessing game going.

I'm betting on "I love flowers part deux". :P



_________________
-.-. .- -. / -.-- --- ..- / .... . .- .-. / -- . ..--..
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:05 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
gcx wrote:
Wow...! This is such a shock! I've been used to have to listen to their albums for at least 5 years.
A part of me still can't believe it. :shock:

Now we need to get the album name guessing game going.

I'm betting on "I love flowers part deux". :P


We Live For The Beats is where my money is on.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC
Page 2 of 74
1099 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron