<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:04 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
The97Steps wrote:

Orbital also posted this pic on Facebook yesterday :

This is beautiful. Hartnoll, Hartnoll, Howlett, Flint in their prime.
Loving the long sleeves, shirts, sweaters. Exciting Prodigy times. Not too much image related things going on, just music and gigging and being friends enjoying some privileges.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:17 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
I noticed the beat for resonate used the beat for the wind it up 09 remix.
https://youtu.be/-tGii_lRX8s?t=6s

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
sks2002 wrote:
I noticed the beat for resonate used the beat for the wind it up 09 remix.
https://youtu.be/-tGii_lRX8s?t=6s

Nah, I was at that arena gig for Wind It Up and it was far more old skool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:24 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:51 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Apparently, she's going to shave her head and replace Keith Flint in live shows. Keith with remain lead vocalist for the new album though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155739828078495&id=631693494

reminds me of a story

when I went to see Prodigy in London back in December '15, I went to the Wembley arena a couple of days earlier to get familiar with the place. I also went to a McDonald's that was close by and met some (indian?) guy who told me he knew Shahin Badar personally, but he didn't like the Prodigy.

somehow we shook hands and he was amazed as mine was warmer. he also wanted to invite me to his place (I didn't go), which i thought was weird as I wasn't sure if he was simply friendly or gay. Ahmed something was his name, IIRC. never added him on Facebook, as he suggested

he also gave me some McDonald's coupons but they happened to be expired :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
feelthy wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155739828078495&id=631693494

reminds me of a story

when I went to see Prodigy in London back in December '15, I went to the Wembley arena a couple of days earlier to get familiar with the place. I also went to a McDonald's that was close by and met some (indian?) guy who told me he knew Shahin Badar personally, but he didn't like the Prodigy.

somehow we shook hands and he was amazed as mine was warmer. he also wanted to invite me to his place (I didn't go), which i thought was weird as I wasn't sure if he was simply friendly or gay. Ahmed something was his name, IIRC. never added him on Facebook, as he suggested

he also gave me some McDonald's coupons but they happened to be expired :lol:

He would cook for you on his place if you gave him a chance...the coupons was his last desperate move.
Cheap bastard...he could atleast give you a cigarette or some candy and then ask you to follow him to his basement.
Nice story tbh thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:40 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
May this pointless post be a good omen that will usher in a brand new era very soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:46 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:28 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:27 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Liam taking the definition of "early" to the maximum. I suppose "early" could be the first six months of the year and "late" could be the second six months of the year if you have no concept of time.

I watched 'The Defiant Ones' documentary on Netflix as recommended by Liam on Instagram. There's a bit in it when Dr Dre mentions that his long awaited album will be complete only when he's happy it's done. I'm sure that line resonated (pardon the pun) with Liam. The only problem is none of us were anticipating a Prodigy album. It's only when Liam announced it was coming out early 2018 that we started to expect it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
James Jupiter wrote:
I watched 'The Defiant Ones' documentary on Netflix as recommended by Liam on Instagram. There's a bit in it when Dr Dre mentions that his long awaited album will be complete only when he's happy it's done. I'm sure that line resonated (pardon the pun) with Liam. The only problem is none of us were anticipating a Prodigy album. It's only when Liam announced it was coming out early 2018 that we started to expect it.

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: I watched that also, was a great series. Being that little bit older :grampa I have known of Dre since his Wreckin' Cru days and always thought he had that extra something that set him aside from most others. Guess that's why he's lasted so long in the game. Total ledge.

He does mention that release deadlines are the enemy of creativity and I guess that is probably true.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:12 pm
Would be interesting to know what delayed things this time 'round (he did mention something about delays in his recent interview with the Russians).

With TDIME, it was a false start (Jetfighter tracks I guess) and a studio damp that delayed the album.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:19 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 664Location: CroatiaJoined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:18 am
I do feel awkward cause one of my favourite music heros (mr H) regularly acts like a toddler. no one coerced him into saying anything about any album. no one expected another one for years, especially after him saying that EPs are what they are after from now on. 2018 would have been a totally different year...

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Would be interesting to know what delayed things this time 'round (he did mention something about delays in his recent interview with the Russians).

With TDIME, it was a false start (Jetfighter tracks I guess) and a studio damp that delayed the album.

Might be waiting on St8ofBass to finish the book so they can both come out around the same time.

Anyone know what the progress of that is?