<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
in snippets we believe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:45 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
James Jupiter wrote:
if that date turns out to be true.

(If this is about) The Prodigy releasing in November, could well be a label thing so as not to clash with other big upcoming BMG releases. Need to see their release roster for the next six months :ninja:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:40 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Harbinger wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
if that date turns out to be true.

(If this is about) The Prodigy releasing in November, could well be a label thing so as not to clash with other big upcoming BMG releases. Need to see their release roster for the next six months :ninja:

Does "more prods in November!" definitely mean "Prodigy" or could it mean "productions"?

I don't understand the music industry. If the Prodigy album was ready why sit on it for months? If The Prodigy were releasing an album it doesn't really matter who else is. Fair enough, if you want a number 1 album don't release it the same week as a mega popular artist's album. Apart from that, it's not like another artists album will take sales from The Prodigy and vice versa.

As for BMG, they're huge and should be able to cope with major releases in close proximity.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
James Jupiter wrote:

Does "more prods in November!" definitely mean "Prodigy" or could it mean "productions"?

I did think that also at first but then thought it strange that he wouldn't mention The Prodigy when they are due to release something, that's why I posted it here.

At the mo it's all speculation. Engine Earz involvement or if Neil will be involved. We don't know if the album is finished or not yet. Knowing Liam's perfectionism, I'd guess at not.
Then there is a single release, box sets, t-shirts, gigs, all the promo stuff that comes with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
The new Gorillaz album is a surprise for me. Wish Prodigy would pull one like that but it will never happen, the punk way of going about this is annoying to say the least. The best way for a fan is to detach from the Liams bits of "news" .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:38 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Plain_John wrote:
The new Gorillaz album is a surprise for me. Wish Prodigy would pull one like that but it will never happen, the punk way of going about this is annoying to say the least. The best way for a fan is to detach from the Liams bits of "news" .

Strange how they announced it a week ago and it's coming out on CD and Vinyl on June 29. Where's that 3-4 advertising and cd pressing etc that they always talk about?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:59 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Plain_John wrote:

Strange how they announced it a week ago and it's coming out on CD and Vinyl on June 29. Where's that 3-4 advertising and cd pressing etc that they always talk about?

No one buys CDs anymore... most revenue from an album release is streams from Spotify etc. Nowadays an album could be released on streaming services and a special physical edition could be released a month later for fans with some bonus... like b-sides, re-mixes, live tracks etc. I could see this happening for The Prodigy, but seeing that BMG made a big deal about signing the band I would imagine there would be a lot of promotion beforehand, expect at least one music video and a load of adverts and posters!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
youd be surprised the big increase in popularity now of owning physical copys
vinyl in particular has seen a massive boom in the UK
people only stream on mobiles out of convenience
i myself prefer to buy a cd, rip it to my pc in hi quality, transfer to my phones memory card
personally i dont think the prodigys album is ready or theyve hit licensing issues with samples
liams used, its been known to happen in the past like with the dirtchamber album
like ive said in the past itll be ready when its ready

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Plain_John wrote:

That's what it means to work on your art. Shut up and put up - that's it! Liam's teases are absolute cringe for me thinking he either won't release anything at all or at a point so late in time that I already forgot about it. Prodigy will get my attention when stuff comes out but until then I am expecting them to act professional.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:10 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://www.greenfieldfestival.ch/en/the-prodigy

so we got another confirmation that title of this thread is correct.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 334Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:05 pm
Whats this?
https://ibb.co/d23fyT

Clips dont work though

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 94Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:29 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... -ben-verse

TRACKLIST ‘MIND STATE Vol. 1’
1. Chase & Status - ‘All Crew’
2. The Prodigy - ‘Invaders Must Die’ ( Kill Box RMX )
3. Sub Focus – ‘Circadian’
4. Spor feat. Linguistics - ‘Pull The Sun Down’
5. Benny L – ‘Moments’
6. D Bridge & Skeptical - ’That’s Nice’
7. Artificial Intelligence - ‘Say Now’
8. The Upbeats - ‘Externumator’
9. Icicle - ‘Disarray’
10. Need For Mirrors - ‘Chapel’
11. Northbase feat. Kelly Louise – ‘Over You’
12. Proxima – ‘Trek’
13. Document One - ‘Never Let Go’
14. Groves - ‘Fragments’
15. The Vanguard Project – ‘Too Late’
16. Battery – ‘Looking Good’
17. Koiva – ‘Bison’ (Halogenix Lordel Remix)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:00 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 369Location: FranceJoined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:21 am
Xounz wrote:
Whats this?
https://ibb.co/d23fyT

Clips dont work though

Seems fake to me, the artwork is very amateurish