<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Please sign to save Strongroom Studios

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:23 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Quote:
The studio’s future now hangs in the balance; the local council have approved a planning application to turn a neighbouring warehouse into a six-storey office block. And that will create enough noise and vibration to basically make the studios unusable, possibly forcing this British institution out of business.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-strongroom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:14 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 334Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:05 pm
Liam should just buy it then

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:09 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Oh man, this is no good (no pun intended). I currently work in a studio and we've got a very similar problem: Someone decided to build hotel right next to it and we've got low frequency hum and drilling noise over big portions of about every second day a week. It's not only nerve wrecking as you have to stop what you're doing and wait for the noise to end, you also loose money and clients. It looks unprofessional, even though it is very much not your fault.

I feel the Strongroom guys. I really hope our signings change something. I kinda doubt it, but I hope it'll work. It's one of my favourite studios in Britain. Not only because of Prodge, it's just a great and super vibey place. It's got history. The article Electronic Punk posted is a great read.

Offline Profile