<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Need Some1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:33 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
It's fantastic. My only niggle is that the video version ends better (that riff closing with a boot to the face is :evilflame: )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:39 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
dirtyRotter wrote:
Im surprised by how divisive this tune is on here. For me it has everything I love about a Prodigy track and is better than most stuff on the last album. Its a welcome return to the hip hop beats and I love the stranglers peaches riff that It cheekily references. Yeah its short and relatively simple, but it works like that. It feels aerodynamic, no drag or uneccesary parts. I'll wait and see with the rest of the album but I like the general direction so far.

You nailed it. Perfect. Thank you.

You know, it'd be perfectly alright if a couple of tunes were this way and we'd get some of the more musical numbers as well. But since they don't seem to like the whole 'album' extravaganza anymore (you know, like building a musical arc) and solely focus on live tracks that don't have much depth, I can't help but feel like this is a different band. While some of you may say "duh" now, it is indeed a little sad for me, as I always loved the perfect mix of atmopsheric and "bangin'" (man, how I learned to hate that word) work that was to be found on a Prodigy record. It was smart, even when they played dumb. There was an underlying cleverness in their work that was elusively unobvious.

I like the beat and vocal sample in Need Some1, but that obnoxious synth is just annoyingly drilling, in a way that really, really shitty pop tunes are drilling their melodies into your head.

The best part is the tiny breakdown.

I'm glad many of you like the way things sound. I just wish Liam would wrote more 'music' instead of 'bangerz'. We know he (once) could. For me, in the end, it'll always be music first, aggression and violence later. If I were just out for that I'd listen to Breakcore. Which actually can be highly creative albeit _extremely_ noisy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:17 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
hyperspeed wrote:
It's fantastic. My only niggle is that the video version ends better (that riff closing with a boot to the face is :evilflame: )

Just compared the video and album version. Simply I don't understand why Liam made the video version better. That guitar riff outro adds a lot to the end of the track. I'm gutted it's not on the album version. :( And also the bride is 5 sec longer in the vid.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:17 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
That bridge in the video version is awesome. I hope we'll get a better quality of the video someday, so we can rip a 320 from the audio. I I think that the current version has 128 only.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:27 pm
Hell-razor wrote:
That bridge in the video version is awesome. I hope we'll get a better quality of the video someday, so we can rip a 320 from the audio. I I think that the current version has 128 only.

Wait a sec. The album version hasn't got that bridge? I thought I listened to the album version in this vid. Is it not the album version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNRTKcjadkI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:01 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2918Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I could be wrong, but I don't think it will be the album version. I think the album version will be some longer (like 20 sec more). Obviously I can be wrong. It's just a supposition.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:17 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Could the guitar in ns1 played by James Rushent using the same stranglers guitar used on IMD? or maybe it's Olly B. ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:22 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
I could be wrong, but I don't think it will be the album version. I think the album version will be some longer (like 20 sec more). Obviously I can be wrong. It's just a supposition.

Album version is 2:45. You can see it on any digital outlets in the album pre-orders.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:37 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
Man I love this track, so many nice little touches. It had a real richness to it even though its quite raw. Trying not to get my hopes too high for this album but I think Liam producing it himself may pay off really well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:47 pm
NS1 reminds me a bit of BGAT, especially the ending.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:56 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 358Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:10 pm
trigger/nuclear wrote:

how did liam not like this just listening to the instrumental it bangs hard

as for need some one take out that lead synth from the beging and give me the ending riff the guitars

hoping for more hip hop beats

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
trigger/nuclear wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:45 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
trigger/nuclear wrote:

The ending reminds me of the main beat in poison.
However, I know why it reminds u of bgat, there's a line that sounds very similar to one used in bgat.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2918Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Trawizz wrote:
trigger/nuclear wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about.

I didn't want to seem unpleasant, but I think the same. Maybe there is something in the hip- hop beat, but the tracks sound completely different.
However BGAT is a song with a verse and a refrain. Need Some1 is a track having a riff repeated more often and a bridge.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 110Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
"The new clip Prodigy inspired me to create this cover. In my work, I tried to convey the hurricane energy of the creative work of the British collective."

https://www.behance.net/gallery/6835408 ... eed-Some-1